Just back from Sovereign of the Seas

Hi Everyone,

Since you are always so helpful before my trips, I always want to offer some help once I'm back. Just got back yesterday. Had a good time. Would love to answer any questions.....if I can! We went to Nassau and CocoCay.....3 nighter.

There was a midnight buffet on the second night.

The dining room choices on the first night included prime rib (I didn't look much further); the second night (formal night) included duck and filet of beef, but no lobster. The third night was Italian night and included lamb shank.

How was the food? What was your favorite thing on the menu? Anything you did not like? Thanks.

Hi! I was on the 5/23-5/26 sailing as well. The food in the dining room was outstanding. But I always think RC has wonderful food in the dining room. I'm a seafood lover so my favorite dish was actually an appetizer - the scallops and risotto - just superb. Had lunch in the windjammer twice and didn't think it was all that fabulous, just okay.

We had a great time Sunday on Coco Cay. It was crowded though as Majesty was there as well. But the weather was great and the Coco Loco drinks were cold and strong with rum. We were only in an OV this time but were in a JS on Majesty last year. Don't remember a mini fridge or a safe but its been over a year.

Can you tell us anything about the cabin? We are booked in a JS and are wondering if it has a safe and mini fridge. Also, was there a pool band? Did you make it to Coco Cay? TIA

Hi.

I have the same questions as Jocelyn for actually the same cruise as her about the safe in the JS.

Edited to say I see my answer. Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Since you are always so helpful before my trips, I always want to offer some help once I'm back. Just got back yesterday. Had a good time. Would love to answer any questions.....if I can! We went to Nassau and CocoCay.....3 nighter.

WHO WAS YOUR CRUISE DIRECTOR

The cruise director was Chris, last name Northy, I think.

There was a pool band.

We didn't get to the midnight buffet by the pool. OTher nights there wasn't...just found some finger snacks served by waiters in a few bar locations....few and far between though. Room service available. Pretty limited menu though.

I thought the dining room and Windjammer food was just ok...not terrible but nothing great.

CocoCay was nice, but like someone else mentioned, crowded since there were two ships that day.

DH and I were fortunate that we got the 8:30 tender and made his 9:30 waverunner reservation. Others were not as fortunate....the tenders were taking awhile. They missed there times by minutes. At first they were rescheduling them for 1:45 on. An hour later, there were no more slots available.

The first two tenders did not go out full because people were probably still sleeping/recovering....lol....

Sorry I didn't respond sooner....I forgot to subscribe to my own thread. Haven't gotten any notifications.....

Actually our safe was closed and locked by someone else the whole of the cruise. Was ok though as we had no issues.

I went in expecting the worst of the food and must say I thought the dining room on 4 main seating it was excellent each night.

WJ was so so at best and down right horrible the day we boarded.

Chris was the CD and its quite obvious after the weekend on board that the standard RCI playbook on how to get someone excited and interested and be a good CD is not a match to me. But this doesnt mean he wasnt good at what he did. Just that the style we saw from him and other managers did not jive with us.

I am doing the 3 nighter on July 4th.............do they do a formal night?

Does anyone know if they do fireworks?

According to the travel channel, Disney is the only line allowed to do fireworks off the boat. That's my only source for that so take it for what it is.

As for formal night, yes. It was Saturday night while in Nassau. The second night of the trip.

Its a great little cruise. Enjoy it.

I am doing the 3 nighter on July 4th.............do they do a formal night?

Does anyone know if they do fireworks?

Diane, formal night will be Saturday when the ship is docked in Nassau late. They will not have fire works. We were docked in Nassau about four years ago on the Fantasy on July 4th. We were able to see fireworks from Atlantis and then the Disney ship pulled out and then stopped just outside of the port and fireworks were shot up from a barge. Not sure if RCI will do anything but on Carnival there was very little to tell us that it was a holiday. Being in Nassau that night was the plus with Atlantis shooting off fireworks.

Archived