Anniversary Package

Kazzer75

We signed up for our cruise early enough to take advantage of the free anniversary package that was on offer. I was told that we would have to bring our marriage certificate as proof, which I have already packed. :p

We are supposed to get the following:

Romance Packages

Honeymoon / Anniversary Package

~Sparkling wine and strawberries in your stateroom on embarkation day

~Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening

~Complimentary sparkling wine and cake party

~A keepsake photograph

~Romantic dinner for two in Le Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

Has anyone ever had this package? What will the keepsake photograph be? Will we need to book our dinner table? Will we have to pay a surcharge to eat at Le Bistro?

Any thoughts or experiences would be welcome. We sail the day after tomorrow so I do realise that I have left it pretty late to actually get much of a response, but thought that I would try none the less.

Thanks.

What will the keepsake photograph be?

The photo is taken at the cake party with the champagne. Depending on who is working the photo desk, they may or may not let you exchange it for another 5X7 of your choice.

Will we need to book our dinner table?

Yes. There will be a confirmation letter in your room when you board. Just take it to the Bistro or the restaurant reservation table in Tango's and make your reservation as soon as possible. Because you have the package, you are not restrited by the 24 hour or 48 hour rule. You can reserve as soon as you board.

Will we have to pay a surcharge to eat at Le Bistro?

No surcharge...unless you decide to order the additional surcharge meal "Chateaubriand for 2" for which there is a surcharge ($10 per person I think)

Enjoy your cruise and your package.

What is the cake party exactly??

Why does that meal you mentioned cause extra?

Thanks for your help by the way. I will book the table as soon as we arrive as I want to make sure we get in on our actual anniversary night.

We got off the Jewel a week ago and had this package.

We chose our 7x5 photo from the photo gallery - just show the letter delivered to your stateroom.

Present the letter to pay the cover charge for Le Bistro. We upgraded this to Cagney's for an extra $5 each, they also let us have the excellent white zinfandel wine instead of the house red or white at no extra charge. There are a couple of dishes at Le Bistro that carry an additional $10 charge but the majority do not.

We did not drink the sparkling wine on embarkation day so took it to Cagneys when we went a second time (we checked first and found it was OK to do this).

We gave the sparkling wine and cake party a miss but I imagine it was for everyone that had a romance package.

Its also too late to order it...at least a three days in advance-some cruise require at least a week.....if its included as part of the cruise that's something else but I suspect you may have a problem...

do you have a separate confirmation for it? The reason I say this unless they know in advance it won't be in your room. If you are expecting to show them your marriage certificate when you board and have them deliver it, I suspect the crew will say they don't know about it. It may have be a TA promotion but I wish you well on it(and happy anniversary too)...

And, I have never heard that you to show marriage cert, or anything like that. And in all the discussions here about this perk, nobody has ever said it was "free". Hope your TA is paying for it or something.

By the way, there was a long thread about this just a few days ago. Probably has slid to page three by now. Oh, and another one started a day or so ago, it is probably on page two by now.

I do recall seeing it on these boards (the promotion was "free" with booking by a certain date) - I'm really surprised you have to take a copy of your marriage certificate - haven't heard of that before - but could have something to do with the promo. It is after all called the Romance, Anniversary, Honeymoon package - not that romance stops after you're married. :D

:) We have signed up for this plan on our last 3 cruises. We have never had to show our marriage license. The letter was waiting in our stateroom. When you make the reservation just let them know you have the package. The cake and champagne party can be fun or not depending on the cruise staff. The first one we went to was a lot of fun and we met a lot of nice people. The second one, the hostess acted like she just wanted us to eat, drink and leave. We just did this on the Majesty, but they had it on a shore day and only us and one other couple showed up. Usually it is held on a sea day when there is less going on. Happy anniversary and enjoy your cruise :)

Booked this for my parents and again we got it free as we booked last October. You are correct it was free if you booked in the UK - it was actually in the NCL brochure.

As it was only mentioned on the original booking from the TA I did contact NCL and no-one has mentioned that you need your marriage certificate. In fact it appears from reading other posts that people book this package whether it is their anniversary or not.

Sue G

Yes, if you book before a certain date it is a free package. I have booked it for my cruise next April at no additional cost. It was it the NCL brochure and my TA in the UK arranged it direct with NCL. No-one asked for marriage certficate but I understand that it doesn't necessarily have to be your anniversary when you are on the cruise but any time within that year.

Have a great time:D

Just called them to confirm thats its all booked and everything is in place.

:D

I will take the marriage certificate just in case.

Sue, you live only a couple of miles from us. Small world, eh?

Hi Karen

We did the Baltic 2 years ago on the Norwegian Dream and had a wonderful time - the only difference now is that the Jewel is too large to go through the Kiel Canal which was a highlight of the trip - the locals come out together with a band at the first lock to wave as the ship goes thru - some even ride along the towpath trying to race the ship.

We are off on Friday on the Norwegian Jade to the Med.

Have a good trip.

Sue G

The package was free to UK guests if booked by 30th April. We booked our cruise on 30th April for travel on 7th May. Price after this was £59 - almost $120 - they normally rip us off compared to the states where the package is $79.

Normal conditions are:

"Birthday, honeymoon & anniversaries: your special day must be in the same month of travel (or within seven days of UK departure) unless you are celebrating one of the following wedding anniversaries – 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 or 60, when the cruise can be taken any time during the celebration year."

Our 30th wedding anniversary was yesterday rather than whilst we were cruising, but we qualified both by being in the same month and also because of it being our 30th. However our TA could not enter it on his system but agreed it with NCL. So although it was not on our documentation the ship was aware of it. We took our marriage certificate in case, but did not need it. I am sure that if you are paying for the package they won't be bothered if you qualify or not so won't ask for the certificate.

The package was free to UK guests if booked by 30th April. We booked our cruise on 30th April for travel on 7th May. Price after this was £59 - almost $120 - they normally rip us off compared to the states where the package is $79.

Normal conditions are:

"Birthday, honeymoon & anniversaries: your special day must be in the same month of travel (or within seven days of UK departure) unless you are celebrating one of the following wedding anniversaries – 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 or 60, when the cruise can be taken any time during the celebration year."

Our 30th wedding anniversary was yesterday rather than whilst we were cruising, but we qualified both by being in the same month and also because of it being our 30th. However our TA could not enter it on his system but agreed it with NCL. So although it was not on our documentation the ship was aware of it. We took our marriage certificate in case, but did not need it. I am sure that if you are paying for the package they won't be bothered if you qualify or not so won't ask for the certificate.

Recent thread say they are getting this for £40 through the UK at the moment.

When we booked through the US(cruise is cheaper that way) no check for eligability

here is the previous thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=775897&page=4

Archived