2 night cruises

Sue9

Has anyone ever done one of these 2 night cruises, either from sydney to brisbane or vice versa?

I see the Pacific dawn has a couple for 2009.

Just wondered if you still get all the entertainment, restaurants open etc.

Can't imagine there would be a formal night.

Any info greatly appreciated.

I think these are cruises just before and just after the Pacific Dawn has been in dry dock.

We were on two of these cruises on the Pacific Sun earlier this year. There is a full range of activities and one night was 'optional formal'. We had the impression that the cruise director was trying to give people a full experience by having some of everything, although the cruise was only two days. I would give the cruise director/P & O full marks.:):)

Has anyone ever done one of these 2 night cruises, either from sydney to brisbane or vice versa?

I see the Pacific dawn has a couple for 2009.

Just wondered if you still get all the entertainment, restaurants open etc.

Can't imagine there would be a formal night.

Any info greatly appreciated.

I think these are cruises just before and just after the Pacific Dawn has been in dry dock.

Yes - looking forward to trying out myself. Both Dawn Princess and Pacific Dawn have 2 nighters to and from Sydney to drydock in Brissie in the middle of next year.

We have booked on Dawn Princess return to Sydney and are considering Pacific Dawn as well.

We were on two of these cruises on the Pacific Sun earlier this year. There is a full range of activities and one night was 'optional formal'. We had the impression that the cruise director was trying to give people a full experience by having some of everything, although the cruise was only two days. I would give the cruise director/P & O full marks.:):)

I'd agree, I was amazed how much was on offer on the 2nights from Brisbane to Sydney in March. There wasn't much that wasn't covered.

We are looking at doing one of the 2nighter on Dawn Princess next year, but haven't decided which direction we want to do it in.

why not do the same one as geoff.

We (or rather I) am seriously thinking about joining his cruise as a present to hubby for his birthday....Got that idea from here...thanks carlz

We started with a 3 nighter on the Fairstar in 1996 and haven't stopped since. We thought it was a great way to see if we got seasick and if we liked cruising. Obviously we do.:D :D

Jenny

I'd agree that these are good - especially if you haven't cruised before or if one of you is a bit reluctant (my DH was!!) It is a fun couple of days and you can try lots of different activities - there were things happening right through our 2 nighter. Food was good, dining companions were pleasant and all in all we found it a relaxing weekend. Some activities of course did not appeal to us - never mind there was always a choice of things to do. Next trip for us is 11 nights - so you can tell the reluctance has been overcome.

Cruising out of Sydney - under the Bridge and past the Opera House was magic - even though it was drizzling/raining!! On a previous 2 night cruise we had come in to Sydney in the morning - also magic in the early light. So whichever way suits you is good. Cruise terminals in both Sydney and Brisbane are easy to reach - of course you have a bit of queuing to get on and off the ship and that would annoy some people for just a two night trip - but every experience is fun in my books.

We weren't aware of Pacific Dawn's plans when we booked. When checking out Dawn Princesses return to Sydney, found that it departs Saturday evening and gets into Sydney on Monday morning. If I can't get holidays, we will be able to fly to Brissie on Friday evening and have a late start or a flexi day on monday.

Not doing this one to see if we will like it. We are doing it because we know we will love it and it is a great excuse for a weekend away.:D

If the taxman is nice at return time we will probably do the same trip on Pacific Dawn too.

why not do the same one as geoff.

We (or rather I) am seriously thinking about joining his cruise as a present to hubby for his birthday....Got that idea from here...thanks carlz

Yeah, that's the one we're leaning towards - because it's a weekend.

At the moment we're focussed on September. We have to pay for it soon, and then of course we have to start on saving the spending money.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone seen any bargains on these cruises?

Hi Elise,

We got a great bonus for the 2 night Dawn Princess Bris to Syd. We were able to get 3rd person in a cabin free, but that was for bookings up to late May. Knowing how much our teen will devour in Pizza, lobster etc, it will feel like Barb and I are cruising for free!

We were able to get an I cat inside - near the forward viewing deck for under $400 each. Is as cheap as a weekend away in Sydney for us!

Last time I checked online prices, the Dawn Princess ones were cheaper than the Sun Princess & Pacific Dawn ones, but I have yet to see any cut rate specials.

We're looking at the Pacific Dawn 2 nighter from Syd to Bris in July 09. There's no way on earth we'd even consider paying the P&O advertised price though! We're hoping to see what kind of discounts the TA at Portside can offer us ;) Perhaps if there's several of us all doing this cruise we could book in as a group and each get a great discount? Bags not organising that though hehehe! :D ;)

Archived