AB Penthouse on Jewel?

Bocadude85

Im sailing on the Jewel in December and I am currently in a mini-suite I was wondering if it is worth it for me to spend the extra money to upgrade our room to the AB Penthouse.. there will be three of us in the room.. anyone care to reccomend another room type that would be suitable for us?

Thats a sizable price jump and either way somone is sleeping on a sofa bed. If you spend alot of time in the cabin I would consider the AB , if not the mini will do. And if the mini is on the stern Id keep it.

mpk

Im in room 11028 is that a good room to be in, sorry for the questions im a relatively new cruiser.

Its ok , you are under the pool deck and may here a (little) chair moving noise in the AM. If theres any way to move to the Aft facing cabins I would try , you will love those. Are you on the 9 day southern ?

Yes Im on the 9 Day Southern Caribbean.. Which room would be considered aft?

Any of the cabins facing directly off the back of the ship. ( 11150 , 11152 , 11154 and so one ) look at the deck plans and pay attention to what is on the deck above you and below. ncl.com ( ships , jewel , deck plans )

We were on the Pearl on deck 11 and heard very little noise , so dont be to concerned. One side note , if anyone is prone to sea sickness the middle of the ship is the most stable.

Click on my e-mail below , Ill send you a few pics of the mini

Im sailing on the Jewel in December and I am currently in a mini-suite I was wondering if it is worth it for me to spend the extra money to upgrade our room to the AB Penthouse.. there will be three of us in the room.. anyone care to reccomend another room type that would be suitable for us?

If the AB on the Jewel is same as Star it has a childrens BR with its own bath. Actually has a double lower and single bunk in kids room, with TV. Has nice closet and drawers and plenty room for even two adults. So they would have privacy.:o

You also get Butler and Concierge service and the MB has a total seperate room with whirlpool tub and a shower with four shower heads. This is an awesome PH suite and if you can do a reasonable upgrade the Butler & Concierge Service IMO are well worth it. An extra plus is a little larger deck.

Like I said this is comparing the Jewel to the Star, but deck plans are similar. Why don't you call your TA or NCL and ask? Can't hurt.:D

Have a great cruise,

Retiredonthesea

Just checked for you and the AB PH on the Jewel has same layout as the Star. SOOOOOOOOOO I guess it's up to you & your bank account.:D Extra BR that includes it's own bathroom, Butler, Con. Large MB W/ nice tub and great shower & a TV over the tub, plus TV in MB area, double sinks in MB, dining table & 4 chairs plus couch and chair. Oh and a really nice bar!;)

I guess I painted the picture without having the actual pix to show you.

Retiredonthesea

Thank you all for all of your help. I am strongly considering the Penthouse, now I just need to decided if I want to shell out another $2500 or not.

That is not your main problem . Your reall problem is ........ Once you book that Penthouse you can never go back , ask around it a terible addiction..

mpk

Oh no. I am booked for my first PH for Feb 2009. I tell myself this is a splurge and I will go back down to the mini suite after that. I am afraid I too will be hooked.

The main reason I went to a PH was that I was always the one running to get dinner reservations in the specialty. Now I can just pick up the phone. Also, I do low carbs and I am attracted to the room service breakfast with eggs and meat.

I say GO FOR IT!

Archived