Star Princess Dolphin Deck

cflutist

Can someone please tell me if the balconies on the Star Dolphin Deck are:

1 - covered

2 - uncovered

3 - partially covered?

Thankis

Hi Cheryl: If you want a mini on the Star then go to the Emerald deck.

Marilyn

Dolphin Minis are uncovered. Most of the minis are on dolphin. Some of the minis on emerald are aft and have larger balconies but do not have a bathtub and depending on who you ask, some say the beds cannot be made into a queen.

make sure you know what you are getting before you book it.

Dolphin Minis are uncovered. Most of the minis are on dolphin. Some of the minis on emerald are aft and have larger balconies but do not have a bathtub and depending on who you ask, some say the beds cannot be made into a queen.

Do you happen to know what mini's on the Emerald do not have a combo tub/shower?

Marilyn

I believe you have this confused regarding the deck. The minisuites D732 and D733 (Dolphin deck) are the staterooms you are referring to. They were originally intended to be handicapped accessible but there was some problem with them that they are not considered accessible. All of the minisuites on the Emerald deck are regular minisuites. E728 and E729 have the extended balconies.

I was offered D732 and D733 today but did not ask if they have tubs as I thought all mini' s had tubs. Could someone clarify that for me? This is for an Alaska cruise for May 2009.

Thanks, Cruiserone

This is why I don't book a mini on Princess. I just prefer their regular balcony room. It's not worth the extra money, especially to have a completely unprivate balcony. I hated that really bad. We'd look up and there were people looking right down on us. I like my privacy, so I'll take a smaller balcony and a little smaller room for less money. Minis are just glorified balcony cabins anyhow. Yes, it was nice to have the full tub and a little more space, but that's about it. No way would I pay for an unprivate balcony again.

I was offered D732 and D733 today but did not ask if they have tubs as I thought all mini' s had tubs. Could someone clarify that for me? This is for an Alaska cruise for May 2009.

Thanks, Cruiserone

D732 and D733 are rooms with shower only. Actually, there isn't even a shower stall since the rooms were originally intended to be handicapped accessible. From pictures I have seen there is a drain in the bathroom floor and a curtain to pull around the showerhead area of the bathroom in these cabins. I believe these are the only two staterooms that are like this and that is why they were changed to be AE category minisuites (they were originally AC category).

Archived