# of formal nights

rocknrobin

Hi - Just wondering: how many formal nights on a 20 day cruise? I know it's 7 long months away, but starting to plan and buy! Thanks in advance...

Rule of thumb for HAL is usually two formal nights per week. There are almost always three formal nights on a ten day cruise so I would expect six on a twenty day cruise.....

IF there still are formal nights 7 long months from now. :rolleyes:

Some think they may be coming to an end. :eek:

Hi - Just wondering: how many formal nights on a 20 day cruise? I know it's 7 long months away, but starting to plan and buy! Thanks in advance...

Rule of thumb for HAL is usually two formal nights per week. There are almost always three formal nights on a ten day cruise so I would expect six on a twenty day cruise.....

I guess that mean on my 14 day cruise to look forward to 4 to 5 formal nights.

Frankly, I don't care if the next person want to wear jeans. On formal nights, girlfriend loves to go glam!! I have my heels,dress and hair fixed!! I love HAL for the fact the majority of the people do attempt to dress up. I recall on the Westerdam that there was a couple sailing with their son. On formal nights, he was dress in a tux. He was about 4 or 5 years old, but was so cute!!

If I had my way, every night would be a formal night!!

Happy sailing!!

I guess that mean on my 14 day cruise to look forward to 4 to 5 formal nights.

On 14 day cruises it tends to be 3 or 4 formal nights, depending upon the number and placement of port days.

Thanks everybody - I was figuring 6, but wasn't sure. I, too, enjoy "glamming it up" and I hope HAL doesn't drop the formal nights. It's not that I particularly care how other passengers are attired, it's just that I don't want to feel out of place - like Astor's pet pony - if everyone else is casual.

Archived