Aft balcony experiences needed...

Wags67

We've stayed in an oceanview cabin in the middle of the ship on the past two cruises we've been on...We are currently booked for a balcony cabin on the upper level this Oct. I just found out that there is an Aft balcony cabin available on the same level (6 I believe) Any comments are appreciated....is it noisier....rockier....inconvenient... or...perfect:)

It is nice. My frist two trips were oceanview cabinthen our last trip was a aft Balcony on Legend. It was very nice, There was some movement and the wash from the props can be a little loud, but you get use to it. The veiw is th e best. One night we were on the balcony just star gazing and the moon was a cresent. Back home when we see a cresent moon it is a like a bowl on it side. This time it was upside right, like a bowl sitting on a table. It was the coolest thing I have seen. I loved it, and we are doing a aft balcony again on our next cruise on Miracle B2B and on Liberty

We just got back from The Miracle 5/25 and we had an aft and loved every moment of it. We were on deck 5 cabin 5268 and felt no real rocking motion or had any loud noises. The sound from the wake actually sounds like a waterfall and the view is spectacular. Got for it, you will not be sorry. We loved our cruise and this aft cabin even made it more special.

Once you go with and aft balcony, no other balcony cabin will do. Quiet, relaxing and private. Love it!

You are so right! We have had a corner aft on our last 4 cruises and I cant bring myself to book anything else. The 9A's are the best on the ship. You can see so much more than from a cabin at the side of the ship.

Once you go with and aft balcony, no other balcony cabin will do. Quiet, relaxing and private. Love it!

This is very true.

We've had one aft and since that cruise, no other balcony has given us the same feeling. The size difference alone was worth it. We loved ours.

We have had aft and corner aft balconies on Princess and RCCL and are scheduled for our first corner aft on the Glory in two weeks. We absolutely love these cabins. Sure, there will be a slight bit more motion, the noise from the propellor wash (very restful I might add) and the very rare piece of trash from the decks above, but, that is so outweighed by the incredible view, the privacy and the larger balcony (on most ships). We definitely found it true for us that once we went aft, we just overall prefer it over the other balconies. Now I'm certainly not one to turn down a suite, but, alot of the suites tend to be mid-ship and have the same narrow balcony as the regular balcony cabins. Princess and RCCL have corner aft suites that are very nice (I think I could easily spend the rest of my life in happiness in the one on Princess. Well, maybe if they took a page out of Carnival's recipe book for the food!). We had a Jr suite corner aft on RCCL's Radiance class that had a very large balcony as well. I understand now that the Miracle class on Carnival has a really nice corner aft suite. Might have to check that one out next!

We have an aft balcony on our upcoming cruise. Our first balcony and aft. I'm super excited!!

Alfngf~this is going to be our first balcony too...may just be our first aft balcony after reading the responses...Thanks everyone:)

We have our first aft balcony coming up on the Valor, verandah deck. Thanks for all the good reviews I too was a little cautious. In the past we have always had balconies mid-ship. I'll let you know what I think when I get back.

Obviously I'm in the minority, but I didn't think the aft balcony was that special. I would like to try a corner aft sometime but the regular aft was just okay. My last cruise I went back to a midship balcony. Since so many people love the aft balconies, I guess you just have to try one to find out for yourself!

We have our first aft balcony coming up on the Valor, verandah deck. Thanks for all the good reviews I too was a little cautious. In the past we have always had balconies mid-ship. I'll let you know what I think when I get back.

Enjoy your cruise, butnzb...I'll look forward to your entire cruise review (:) ) and how you liked your aft...

We had an aft balcony cabin last year on the Legend on the Empress deck and loved it. It is so private and has great views. I loved being able to watch the ports we left recede into the distance. It is also very quiet because you are never near any elevators and you don't get kids running up and down the hallways since you are at the end of the ship. There is some gentle rocking and light humming from the engines but as others have said, I found this to be very relaxing. We are on another aft balcony on the Spirit in December and wouldn't consider being anywhere else. Enjoy!:D

I was actually surprised to see an aft come up for availability for this cruise....

when I first booked it didn't show up and I didn't ask...need to call Carnival and see if I can switch w/o penalty or price increase...since I paid $729 and balcanies now book @ $1049!!... ya'll are great for helping....keep on posting...

DH and I went on our first cruise last October (Triumph) and we had an aft balcony on the upper deck. We loved it! DH was VERY CONCERNED that he would have motion sickness issues, but he never had the least problem. Our only issue was the karaoke bar directly underneath us-WAAAAY too loud, WAAAY to late, with really bad singers! Aft balcony was bigger than standard size on the port or starboard sides. We had a lounge chair, 2 regular chairs and a small table. View was incredible. I say grab one if you can!

We've stayed in an oceanview cabin in the middle of the ship on the past two cruises we've been on...We are currently booked for a balcony cabin on the upper level this Oct. I just found out that there is an Aft balcony cabin available on the same level (6 I believe) Any comments are appreciated....is it noisier....rockier....inconvenient... or...perfect:)

I have an aft on that same cruise...hehehehe

I had one on the Liberty and loved it...gonna try to always get one now.

The view is great!

:)

I have an aft on that same cruise...hehehehe

I had one on the Liberty and loved it...gonna try to always get one now.

The view is great!

:)

Hey Paulie:) You're doing an aft on S & S 4....cool....

I could jump Victory ship and join the grope on the Destiny:D

Gonna call Carnival tonite and get some info...

Oh, don't get me started on aft balconies. When you awake in the morning the debris and garbage is halfway up the door. Ciggie butts, n crushed packs, half eaten hot dogs and burgers. Beer cans, smashed cherries and umbrellys from them fro fro drinks. Bathing suit tops......and bottoms. And all covered in a two foot layer of soot from the stack. Like a pile of black snow.

And the vibrations, it'll blur your vision, maybe permanently.

There are a few of us that are willing to sacrifice ourselves for the good of all, so we stay in these horrors so no one else has to.

Best leave these cabins to us iron willed and steel hearted volunteers.:rolleyes:

Dan

Obviously I'm in the minority, but I didn't think the aft balcony was that special. I would like to try a corner aft sometime but the regular aft was just okay. My last cruise I went back to a midship balcony. Since so many people love the aft balconies, I guess you just have to try one to find out for yourself!

I'm in the minority with you :D. We had an aft balcony on the Valor last year, and the slant of the dividers offered IMO very limited privacy. Also the step back from the decks above allowed anyone standing at the rail to look straight down onto our balcony. It seamed, also that every morning we had to wipe the soot from stack off of our deck chairs before we could sit on them. I agree that the view is great from back there, but that's about all I can say about it.

Midship for me from now on :)

Archived