Monarch/Majesty best decks???

Looking at booking a 4 night Bahamas jaunt on either the Monarch or the Majesty and was wondering what are the best decks to try and be on or to try and avoid.

I know the oceanview rooms say they are all obstructed views, but have heard that is not really the case. Anyone have details on that?

Thanks!

Have sailed Majesty four times. In my opinion, the WORST deck for an ocean view cabin is the Prominade Deck which is Deck Seven. The reason is that you must keep your curtains closed most of the time if you desire any privacy. Also the view is quite poor even with the curtains open because of the rails and because people tend to congregate out there to smoke or visit. Also, passengers like to stroll and jog out there. Even though there is a specified time not to jog, that was routinely ignored.

The ocean view decks Eight and up with "obstructed views" do indeed have views partially obstructed by life boats, but you do get sunlight and you can see the view if you make an effort.

Deck Six ocean view rooms have no obstructions and no one wandering around outside as they cannot. I liked Deck Six because it was close to the shops and dining room areas.

I think our lowest deck has been Deck Four. Again there were no obstructions in ocean view rooms. If you go much lower, the windows are small port holes, not the larger square windows.

Well... deck 10 is great... because you have a balcony... but... sometimes a lot of noise above:( . We don't care for deck 9.... bathrooms have little/no shelf space (I really don't like the thought of my toothbrush on the toilet seat... even when a towel is covering the seat:p ).... Deck 7 & 8, covered by HeavySurf... deck 6 and deck 5 see comments by HeavySurf and think apply to both decks... after that... no experience :D

thanks for all the info. this is exactly what I was looking for.

Is there a big difference between the interior and oceanview rooms? Is the extra money worth it for a 4 night cruise on a smaller ship?

Is there a big difference between the interior and oceanview rooms? Is the extra money worth it for a 4 night cruise on a smaller ship?

If I were not claustrophobic I would try an inside room. From “looking in” to the inside rooms… they seem to be similar to the outside, but with a mirror or picture vs. a porthole or window…

thanks for all the info. this is exactly what I was looking for.

We like to peep out the porthole so it makes a difference to us, but honestly, you're never in your room on this cruise. You're in port, or grabbing lunch, or at the pool, or watching sailaway. Don't get caught up on your room on this short cruise (except for deck 7 - bad place b/c of the deck outside your room).

Archived