Ak Coral Princess review

Tulsa Cats

We just returned from Alaska on the Coral Princess. I hope by your cruise, Princess has their act together in the dining room. Servers were slow and not very courteous. Our food was all cold by the time we got it one night and getting an alchololic drink with dinner was difficult. (can you say cash ?) We only had dinner in the dining room two nights and were so un-impressed, we ate in the Horizon Court. The fruit was great, service very good and people were pleasant. I loved the pizza. We dressed up a bit for the dining room and were surprised to find people in jeans and casual tops ( the men had collared shirts) I don't really care, but if no jeans are allowed, why are jeans allowed ? Sorry, I'm a rule follower, my bad.

We spent two hours trying to get off the ship. While I understand that problems come up, I think Princess did a bad job of informing us of the problem and timing etc. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the cruise. The ship was clean and the staff for the most part were lovely. I guess after a great cruise to the Med last year, we expect greatness.

Advice, if you're eating in the dining room, wear your patience panties and whatever else you want to wear..... and if you have food allergies, be very very careful.

Enjoy..... and after our experiences with other people, if you must complain, please do it to someone who can do something about it... not your fellow passengers.icon6.gif

Interesting.. Just the opposite here.. We did a b2b2b on the Coral starting May 10th.. We had personal choice and enjoyed our wait staff so much that we reserved the table for the remainder of the cruise. They were professional, knew our likes and dislikes almost instantly and not slow at all. They worked very well together. Food was always hot and the prime rib the best I have had on Princess. The Head Waiter was always by to ensure that everything was all right. I paid no corkage for the 6 bottles of wine I brought to the table.. As for dress, yes there were a few in jeans (Princess now allows jeans in the dining room) and some more casual than I like, however those were in the minority. Most adhered to the dress code and on formal night the vast majority of men wore suits or a tux.. As for getting off the ship, we we off 20 minutes before our scheduled time.. The new debarkation process works..

As for dress, yes there were a few in jeans (Princess now allows jeans in the dining room) and some more casual than I like, however those were in the minority. Most adhered to the dress code and on formal night the vast majority of men wore suits or a tux.. As for getting off the ship, we we off 20 minutes before our scheduled time.. The new debarkation process works..

I apologize in advance for asking a question that may be considered unrelated to this thread but I was surprized to read that "Princess now allows jeans in the dining room". :( We are booked for the Panama Canal next year and, having sailed the Coral before and enjoying the best cruise or our limited cruising experience, I thought I knew what to expect but this caught me off gaurd. :eek:

Is this an "official" Princess rule change or just the normal lack of enforcement of existing rules that we see on all cruiselines form time to time?:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Joni

Joni.. The latest Cruise Answer Book makes no mention of jeans being NOT permitted. It only states that cutoff tee shirts, shorts & halter tops are not permitted in the dining rooms for dinner. Don't worry as I only saw 2-3 in jeans for dinner. The vast majority adhered to the "Smart Casual Evening" dress code that was in the Cruise Answer Book.

Joni.. The latest Cruise Answer Book makes no mention of jeans being NOT permitted. It only states that cutoff tee shirts, shorts & halter tops are not permitted in the dining rooms for dinner. Don't worry as I only saw 2-3 in jeans for dinner. The vast majority adhered to the "Smart Casual Evening" dress code that was in the Cruise Answer Book.

That's good news. We always have one pair with us because when we fly out of Alaska in Februrary they are perfect traveling clothes...but we enjoy the dressy feeling in the dining venues and would hate to see them go "all the way casual". One of the things we love about the Coral is all the options... there are dining venues for both casual and dressier tastes...no reason to muddy the waters even further!

Joni

We are leaving on the Coral next week and I am curious about Largin's comment about six bottles of wine. Were you able to bring on more then one bottle each of wine? I noted that the Cruise Answer Book says one bottle each but the Contract has not limit on the amount of wine and champagne you can bring on board. So what is the Coral Allowing?

We are leaving on the Coral next week and I am curious about Largin's comment about six bottles of wine. Were you able to bring on more then one bottle each of wine? I noted that the Cruise Answer Book says one bottle each but the Contract has not limit on the amount of wine and champagne you can bring on board. So what is the Coral Allowing?

I brought 2 in our carry on and the rest in our checked luggage just in case Princess was tightening up on their published rules.. I could have brought in all 6..

My Scotch comes in a round cardboard tube which makes for a perfect wine bottle holder..

I apologize in advance for asking a question that may be considered unrelated to this thread but I was surprized to read that "Princess now allows jeans in the dining room". :( We are booked for the Panama Canal next year and, having sailed the Coral before and enjoying the best cruise or our limited cruising experience, I thought I knew what to expect but this caught me off gaurd. :eek:

Is this an "official" Princess rule change or just the normal lack of enforcement of existing rules that we see on all cruiselines form time to time?:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Joni

When we were on the Crown a few months ago, I noticed the Patters stated "no ripped or torn jeans in the dining room." There were quite a few people wearing jeans but the majority were still dressed smart casual. - SF

Archived