Limo excursion in Bar Harbour Maine - Caribbean Princess

resstation

Has anyone been on the stretch limo excursion through the park in Bar Harbour? We are considering either the motor coach or limo. We like the fact that only 8 people can go on the limo tour as we really don't like being herded from here to there on vacation but if the motor coach is better as far as information or any other reason, it might be a good idea. I'd love to hear from someone who has done either tour.

Thanks!

My father was born in Bar Harbor so I spent many summer vacations there as a child. Acadia National Park is best seen from a motor coach where you will be sitting higher up to take in the vistas along the winding mountain road leading to the summit of Cadillac Mountain. In town, I don't see how a stretch would navigate those narrow village streets.

I did the limo in Bar Harbor and would not recommend it. I was the youngest of the 8 (in my 30's) and because of this, I was always the first one in and had to sit the farthest in the limo. Limos are great for getting from one place to another but getting in and out of this 10 times for a tall person was not something I would want to do again.

I haven't done the bus - so I can't compare. You may want to also look at Oli's Trolley. http://www.acadiaislandtours.com/

We did the limo in Bar Harbor, a few years back.

I would definitely recommend it. There were only 6 of us & we truly enjoyed the tour, although the weather didn't cooperate, with us not seeing much in Acadia Park.

It was still better than being on a bus, with many more people.

Minette

I think the trolley sounds like a great idea. Not too many people and not too cramped either. I would prefer to sit facing forward anyway. Limos are nice but I got over the "thrill" of them in high school. lol

I just came across a glider tour too. I think my husband would LOVE that. You can't get me up in one of those!

Thanks for all your comments. I love this board.

Just had to chime in... we have a house up there and our fav thing to do is to go have a popover on the lawn at jordan's pond house. It's a must do that most people don't. Look up pictures, it so pretty. So maybe if you get the limo, you will have more control over what you get to see and do. :D

Just had to chime in... we have a house up there and our fav thing to do is to go have a popover on the lawn at jordan's pond house. It's a must do that most people don't. Look up pictures, it so pretty. So maybe if you get the limo, you will have more control over what you get to see and do. :D

I actually wanted to do this and we couldn't in our limo ride. I love popovers!

I actually wanted to do this and we couldn't in our limo ride. I love popovers!

Yes, from what I understand, the limo ride is a specific tour. They do not deviate from it. I'm sure if you wanted to rent a limo with a few other couples you can tell the limo driver where to go but it would not be a set "tour".

I believe we are going with the trolley and then on our own. There seems to be quite a few transportation options. We'll decide once we're there. I don't want this trip to be "over-planned". We just want to relax and enjoy.

Archived