Famous People/entertainers

Alymo1

Hello,

Who is the most famous person or entertainer that has been on your cruise.

:)

Robert and Simone

Hi Robert and Simone,

Depends on what you mean by famous. We have had Ugly Dave Grey recently and Normie Rowe many years ago. We have preferred many of the relatively unknown entertainers. Some have been very good and some very very good.:):)

Closest brush with fame for us was Jaques Rennay, who did a Tom Jones tribute show. He was from the same era and shared the same billing as Tom Jones many, many years ago in Wales. Also had Marty Fields who had done some duo comedy stuff with his late father Maurie on Hey Hey, It's Saturday.

We also heard from Pieboy on a cruise last year that Maureen Elkner was on their cruise. Maureen had the classic one hit wonder song of Rak of Normie in the mid 70's - that would have been a treat.

We had Stuart Wagstaff on our cruise in 1997 as a passenger and he hosted the 'change of sex' contest that P&O ran in those days.

Most well-known entertainers have been Tony Pantano, Jackie Love and Sam Powers.

Nothing really special though.

Jenny

we had the bald headed guy from "acropolis now" cant recall his name.

He was very topical and told jokes about italians, greeks etc. We thought he was very funny but this was on a largely american cruise to NZ so the jokes were lost on them and a lot walked out.

Way back in the Fairstar days:eek: , we were so excited that Normie Rowe was one of the performers as he was appearing in the TV show, Sons and Daughters at the time. Other sort of famous ones were Jackie Love, Lucky Grills and Darren Carr whose dad was Warren the piano player from Play School. Pink Poodle.

We also heard from Pieboy on a cruise last year that Maureen Elkner was on their cruise. Maureen had the classic one hit wonder song of Rak of Normie in the mid 70's - that would have been a treat.

So sorry I missed that cruise!!!:eek: Pink Poodle

I met Steve Waugh on the Pacific Sky, Both as passengers, although Steve was on there as a guest speaker for a company who were doing a cruise for their staff .

I knew I should have got back into cruising sooner :D . Always had a thing for Steve Waugh.

Jackie Love was on our PD cruise in February, but no one of any note on our recent PS cruise.

Ugly Dave Gray, I have heard all of his jokes before but he still made me laugh.

Baby Face John Burgess, I didin't go to his show which was I think.....um....wheel of fortune.

The entertainer I enjoyed most of all was the cruise director Demo, he made me laugh so much my sides hurt.

... and Darren Carr whose dad was Warren the piano player from Play School. Pink Poodle.

I would like to see Darren Carr some day. Have seen his brother Mike a number of times and have both his CD's:) .

We had Brett Lee on our cruise on the Sky in 2002 as a passenger. Nice guy. People we met while travelling had their kids with them and they were too shy to go up and get his autograph but I took them up (obviously I am not shy!!:D ) and he gave it to them happily - just a normal guy who happens to throw a ball really really fast!!! I did get my photo taken with them (had to rub it into my big brothers!:D )

Hello,

Who is the most famous person or entertainer that has been on your cruise.

:)

Robert and Simone

We had Big Birds human interior, very impressed, he hosted the bingo on the Pacific Princess in 2004 and he can still do a standing back flip!

Ian Turpie (always looked like he had a hard night!) and the late Lucky Grills.

Archived