Packing food etc for baby

jmehbe

I have been reading the posts regarding packing for a baby. I thought I saw somewhere that someone packed a box of diapers, formula, etc and brought it on board themselves rather than packing it. I will be sailing the NCL dream from Boston. Is this something that can be done?

I know I could pack in a suitcase or several and be left with extra space on the return home. I just don't want to worry about it getting lost, damaged etc.

Any thoughts would be great!

If it will fit through the scanner, you can bring it on yourself. You don't say if you are driving or flying. If you are flying to BOS, I would consider stopping at a store and making these purchases on arrival, so I did not have to deal with them on a plane.

If you are driving, I don't think you really need to worry about the ship losing it if you have the porters take it to your cabin.

The important thing is if you are flying you might want to check with the airlines to see if you can take liquid formula through secruity, and the same with the cruise line. If its powder formula I don't think there would be a problem. Diapers for sure aren't a problem to carry on board a ship or plane. Good luck and have a great cruise.:)

No flying involved. Live in Mass. How big are the scanners for carry on luggage? Have cruised out of Boston before, one bag never taken out of vehicle by bag handlers. Husband had 2 pairs of underwear socks etc that we had to keep washing. Would hate for that bag to be the missing one!

I may just end up packing it in a suitcase........ Daughter is on powdered formula and need to bring water too! She has very sensitive skin so the thought of using any water food etc, from the ship would be slim...

When we traveled with our kids as babies, we would always pack all the food/formula/diapers in a smaller sized rolling carry-on (no flying for us). That way, we had everything we needed on-hand immediately when we got on the ship. Remember, your luggage won't be delivered until sometime later that day.

And--then our rolling carry-on was mostly empty for the return trip home, and could be used to pack souvenirs.

CeleBrat

We drove to the port when DD was 7 months and we just packed the diapers, wipes, formula, jarred baby food in a large diaper box and put "fragile" on the front. It was packed pretty well with the jarred food in between the diapers and wipes for cushion. They delivered it right to our room with the rest of the luggage and nothing was broken.

During our travels when the kids were babies, we were always able to fit a week's worth of diapers, container of wipes, baby food (plastic containers), powdered formula and several empty bottles in a medium sized rolling suitcase.

We also always traveled with a box of mini diaper disposal bags ~ never know when you will be some where on vacation where there is no garbage can and you need to change a diaper!

Enjoy your trip with your family!:D

Archived