Just back from Liberty...

Terre

Well, we've been on that itinerary several times. In Cozumel, we went to Nachi Cocum and loved that....we were the only ship in each port so everyone there was from the ship and we had a great time getting to know everyone.

In Grand Cayman we've done the sting ray snorkel so many times we decided to walk around and ended up taking a tour, which turned out to be somewhat fun. In Ocho Rios we walked around a little and looked at the shops, walked inside Margaritaville (it's changed since we were there last) and then went back to the ship.

The itinerary is okay if you haven't been to those places, but since we have, we decided that this cruise would be a more relaxing one rather than hurrying up for excursions. It was nice to have more time for relaxation.

Guest Mary49

Did you get to see my favorite band "Music Boardwalk"? I hope you did. They are AWESOME. Let me know what you thought of them. Mary49

Did you get to see my favorite band "Music Boardwalk"? I hope you did. They are AWESOME. Let me know what you thought of them. Mary49

My DW were on the same cruise as Terre and her husband, and Music Boardwalk was supposed to be playing in the Victoria Lounge (if I read the Capers right, anyways). Just to confirm, they're basically a trio that looks to be of Asian descent, and they play just fantastic classic music. They did everything from Van Morrison to the Stones to slow dance music, to (strangely) some hard rock. We saw them two nights, and wandered by them a third, but opted for the Piano Bar instead. I'm not saying I'd drive 8 hours to see them or anything, but they were a good band to listen to(and my DW knew most of the songs...haha). How they are able to reproduce such a wide variety of music, while sounding very much like the original artist on the vast majority of the songs, was amazing (usually, if you can sound like Air Supply, you won't do so well on Deep Purple...but MB has great range).

Hope this answers your question.

We got home yesterday from Carnival's Liberty. Beautiful ship, wonderful food, great time...working on my review and will have it posted soon.

Terre - the one thing we noticed was that there was no Key Lime Pie (although we missed one night in the DR). When we asked our tablemates, neither couple said they had seen KLP any night of the week, and our Table Captain confirmed that.

Did we miss something? I had assumed that Key Lime Pie was a special dessert, much like Baked Alaska, that happened once per sailing. However, it appears that it's not a "must" on every ship. Not that I'm complaining too loudly - that Chocolate Melting Cake was phenomenal.

We got home yesterday from Carnival's Liberty. Beautiful ship, wonderful food, great time...working on my review and will have it posted soon.

Ahh, Terre, I remember my feelings were the same when I cruised her. Glad you had a great time on my Lady.

Terre,

I just enjoyed a slideshow of your pics on Webshots. Nice pics! :)

Guest Mary49
My DW were on the same cruise as Terre and her husband, and Music Boardwalk was supposed to be playing in the Victoria Lounge (if I read the Capers right, anyways). Just to confirm, they're basically a trio that looks to be of Asian descent, and they play just fantastic classic music. They did everything from Van Morrison to the Stones to slow dance music, to (strangely) some hard rock. We saw them two nights, and wandered by them a third, but opted for the Piano Bar instead. I'm not saying I'd drive 8 hours to see them or anything, but they were a good band to listen to(and my DW knew most of the songs...haha). How they are able to reproduce such a wide variety of music, while sounding very much like the original artist on the vast majority of the songs, was amazing (usually, if you can sound like Air Supply, you won't do so well on Deep Purple...but MB has great range).

Hope this answers your question.

I hope this is the same group. Classical Music??? Unless you mean Classic Rock.. Anyway, there is suppose to be 4 of them a drummer and 3 guys up front. Hope they are still all together. They are from Manila and I agree if they are the same band very good. Thanks Mary49

In Cozumel, we went to Nachi Cocum and loved that....we were the only ship in each port so everyone there was from the ship and we had a great time getting to know everyone.

Would love to hear more details about Nachi Cocum as this is one of our options for Cozumel - how much was it? Did you reserve in advance? How long and how much was the taxi ride? What did you think of the facilities? Food?

Did you have time to day any shopping afterwards?

Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Would love to hear more details about Nachi Cocum as this is one of our options for Cozumel - how much was it? Did you reserve in advance? How long and how much was the taxi ride? What did you think of the facilities? Food?

Did you have time to day any shopping afterwards?

Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks,

I can answer your Nachi question.....we were there in May and loved it!

It's $49pp for adults. You reserve in advance with CC and they charge your card $12pp. You pay the rest in cash/TC when you get there. They are not set up to take CCs there.

Food and and open bar. DH had the fajitas and said they were the best he's ever had. You order from the menu.

Now....this is not a party place! It's a very relaxing day at the beach. You will have beach chairs and an umbrella. Or.....grab a lounger at the pool. They also have a hot tub.

You can also get a massage, go parasailing, etc.

Here's the link: http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

Here's a link to my pix. The Nachi pix start at page 5.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/KenMoRo/Legend%20May%202008/?start=80

Hi Terre & PB!!!!

Yes, it was a fabulous cruise!!! I should be working, but I just can't stay off the board today!

I have posted a review as well, but just waiting for confirmation of the post from the hosts.

PB, I found key lime pie on the lido desert bar the first day but didn't see it again after.

One of our tablemates ordered the famed Chocolate Melting Cake as well as the fruit, he then dipped his fruit in the cake, like a fondue...LOL, he loved it! I had the CMC many times, so much so I am not sure my normal clothes are going to fit me much longer if I don't start getting it off of me now.

I was surprised at how "uncrowded" the ship felt, even though we had a full ship.

If anyone has any questions, looks like there are three of us from the same cruise on this thread, ask away, one of us is bound to know the answer...if not, we'll collaberate and come up with a good lie to tell you...LOL;)

Is it October yet? Every time we read a review from the same cruise we are going on I get really excited to be going. Hurry with the review.:o

Guest Mary49
If no one posts them before tomorrow, I will when I get in to the office.:D

That would be great Deb; thanks sooo much. Mary49

I hope this is the same group. Classical Music??? Unless you mean Classic Rock.. Anyway, there is suppose to be 4 of them a drummer and 3 guys up front. Hope they are still all together. They are from Manila and I agree if they are the same band very good. Thanks Mary49

Mary49: Oh yeah, that was them. I suppose "Classic Music" can be interpreted many ways!!! I didn't want to say "classic rock", since they didn't play all rock (but when they did, they did it well!). But at no point did I hear Mozart or Handel, so it wasn't "Classical" (LOL).

As for the menu, I think it was the standard Georges Blanc menu (it had his signature on it). I did try the fish and chips, and it was decent (esp since the Lido food didn't really impress me that day). I didn't like it enough to get it every day at lunch, but the one day I tried it, it was satisfying.

I can answer your Nachi question.....we were there in May and loved it!

It's $49pp for adults. You reserve in advance with CC and they charge your card $12pp. You pay the rest in cash/TC when you get there. They are not set up to take CCs there.

Food and and open bar. DH had the fajitas and said they were the best he's ever had. You order from the menu.

Now....this is not a party place! It's a very relaxing day at the beach. You will have beach chairs and an umbrella. Or.....grab a lounger at the pool. They also have a hot tub.

You can also get a massage, go parasailing, etc.

Here's the link: http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

Here's a link to my pix. The Nachi pix start at page 5.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/KenMoRo/Legend%20May%202008/?start=80

Also went to Nachi. It was fantastic. If you check out the Coz board, there's a lot more info on it there. I can see where the few negative reviews got their impression - it doesn't look like much when you pull up, and the bathrooms and buildings/palapas aren't that luxurious. BUT, the beach is great (a shade steep once you're in the water), the food was very good, and the service was fantastic. It was QUIET - there were maybe 25 people there last Monday, but we were the only ship in port. The pool was decent sized, and could easily accomodate the 12 people in it, with room to spare. They were quick to make us drinks (we were only there 3-4 hours, but I'm sure I drank my $49 worth in virgin pina coladas in the first 2 hours).

FOOD: The garlic butter shrimp was really quite tasty, but not plentiful. The nachos were good. My wife's cheeseburger was just okay. We skipped dessert - all those fruity drinks were better than any cheesecake could ever be. I saw other people getting fajitas, but we never tried them (I'm guessing if we would have asked, we might have gotten some).

BEACH: The ocean here is great - no waves (and no bodysurfing). But it was calm as could be - I floated out in the ocean like it was a giant pool. There are a few rocks, so I was glad I was wearing my watershoes, but most people wouldn't need them. If this is what the west side of Cozumel is like, I may book a week at the Iberostar down the street.

The one complaint I have, besides the bathrooms, was that there weren't a lot of cushioned chairs near the pool (but there were some, for those lucky enough to get there early), and all of the palapas at the beach were taken by the time we arrived around noon (with only 25 people in the entire place). Of course, I didn't care, since I don't think I stopped to sun at all - I was either in the pool or the ocean the entire time. I can work on my tan on the Lido deck!!!

I'd go again, and my DW would definitely go back.

PB

PS - We didn't book ahead of time, but we just kind of "showed up" (I was contemplating Playa San Francisco, Playa Mia, and Paradise Beach as well, but my DW was hungry, and so we figured we'd try there first). They didn't offer the $20 "a la carte" deal, only the $49 all-inclusive, and being hungry we took it without exploring the other options. My guess is that if you go when there's a lot of ships in port, you may be out of luck if they reach their quota of 100 people, but I knew we'd probably be able to get in. And if we didn't, we'd have eaten at PSF and been happy.

Archived