Just back from Liberty...

Terre

Okay, okay, here's the link to my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=786075

Hey, Papa Bear and Deb!

No, I didn't see the band Music whatever, but I'm sure they were great.

I didn't see key lime pie.

We didn't make reservations for Nachi Cocum since we were the only ship in port figured we didn't need to and we didn't. There were only about 30 of us from the ship, and it was fun getting to know everyone.

I don't have a scanner so Deb, if you can scan the capers and post them that would be awesome!

Paul, thanks for the compliment on the pix...I just finished them, you're quick!

going in aug--please tell everything--good and bad--in cozumel we are doing paradise beach--gc ? sea grape beach and jamaica dunns river falls and river tubing.

We have gone to Paradise Beach a few years ago and it is nice, too, but I liked Nachi Cocum over Paradise. Duns River Falls is something you must do at least once in Ocho Rios. Don't know anything about Sea Grape Beach. We've always snorkeled with the rays in GC. You will have a great time no matter what you do in those ports!

Thanks to everyone for the great Nachi Cocum info and reviews.

Loved the pics KenMo - the place looks awesome.

The one complaint I have, besides the bathrooms, was that there weren't a lot of cushioned chairs near the pool (but there were some, for those lucky enough to get there early), and all of the palapas at the beach were taken by the time we arrived around noon (with only 25 people in the entire place). Of course, I didn't care, since I don't think I stopped to sun at all - I was either in the pool or the ocean the entire time. I can work on my tan on the Lido deck!!!
Papabear - can you elaborate a bit more on the state of the bathrooms?

And I guess it's the early bird that get the padded lounger and palapas? Which is too bad cuz I definitely want shade and 'comfiness' - we don't dock til 10 am so I presume we won't be there til closer to 11 am?

how long a cab ride and how much did it cost to get there?

Papa Bear, you could have used our padded loungers if you asked. As you know, we stayed in the pool the whole time ~ I got burned! No sun for me the rest of the week!

Terre, I just finished looking at your beautiful pictures and have two questions.

1. In photo 57 (I think) there appears to be a volleyball net set up on the beach at Nachi. Is my eyes seeing correctly? This is something that would be a big plus with our group but someone on another thread told me that there was no vb at nachi.

2. In one of your pictures there's a banner that says security warning: keep 50 yards away .... what's up with that?

Thanks for sharing your information for all of us her are in the waiting to sail on this beautiful ship.

Anglekisses, yes, there is a volleyball net and I'm guessing the security warning has something to do with 9/11. It was the first time we'd ever seen that on any ship.

Archived