Too much for one day?

Tabbymom

We'll be in port at Havensight from 9 am to 8 pm and have already booked the snorkeling trip to Turtle Cove at 9:15. We should be back at the ship before 1:00. We'd like to eat then take a taxi to Magen's Bay for 2 or 3 hours, taxi back to town to shop, then end at the dock and do the Paradise Point skyride. We're not hard core shoppers (especially not DH and DS) so don't need a lot of time for that. DS wants to see a few sights but I figured the rides over and back from Megan's would accomplish that goal. Is this too much to fit into the time? If so, what would you drop? Thanks! DH and I spent a week on St. Thomas a looooooooong time ago so did our sightseeing then.

Why not take the snorkel trip and shop and call it a day? I think the tram would put you over the top! You'll be too pressured to enjoy your day. Book another cruise to St Thomas and do something different next time.l

The snorkel trip is 3 1/2 hours, only part of which will be active; otherwise relaxing on the boat. After that we can eat on the ship in AC comfort. And we really want to get to Magen's Bay; never made it there on our long ago vacation (we stayed at Limetree). I know the sun (crossed fingers) will tire us but we do tend to fill our days on vacations.

I'm starting to think that we should just stick to shopping near the pier and skip Charlotte Amalie proper (DH doesn't know this yet), which will save both time and lots of walking. I understand that many of the main stores have a branch at Havensight. Hopefully DS will not mind missing a few historical sights since he mostly wants to get the feel of being on a Caribbean island; not really a history and museum guy. Why is the Paradise Point skyride tiring? Isn't it mostly riding and standing around and taking pictures?

You read my mind, I was going to say why don't you just shop at Havensight which would save you alot of time and hassle. We actually prefer that shopping to downtown. Magen's bay is very pretty and there is an ice cream place called udder delight just up the road from it:p

I think you should be able to do one or the other [Magens or Paradise] with no problem, but fitting all three in might be a stretch. The nice thing is you can just play it by ear. There are plenty of taxi's available anytime, so if you feel you have the time- just do it:)

We did the Turtle Cove excursion in the morning and then went to Megan's Bay for the afternoon. It was perfect. With that long in port, you should have time to go up to Paradise Point, too. I am not sure what time the tram stops, though.

As others have suggested, if you want to do some shopping, just do it at Havensight.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks Michelle, glad to hear someone else did the same schedule! Did you get priority processing through immigration? You didn't have to meet at 7:30 am or anything, did you? :eek:

I did check the Paradise Point website calendar and it shows that the tram runs until 9:00 pm the day we are there so that should work out!

I am so excited - tomorrow is only one more month!

Thanks Michelle, glad to hear someone else did the same schedule! Did you get priority processing through immigration? You didn't have to meet at 7:30 am or anything, did you? :eek:

I did check the Paradise Point website calendar and it shows that the tram runs until 9:00 pm the day we are there so that should work out!

I am so excited - tomorrow is only one more month!

I don't think we got priority processing. It was a few years ago that we did this excursion. Last year when we went through immigration it was VERY quick. The line moved at a good pace, and didn't stop at all. I know we went through it early. They need everyone through quickly so that they can start the day's activities.

Find out what time the shops at Havensight close. If the ship is in port late, they might stay open late. Then, I'd have lunch and go to Magen's Bay and shop on the return trip. Magen's Bay is one of my favorite beaches and is my avitar. Have fun.

Archived