Tampa Marriott waterside

Chris64

Looking for information. Anyone stay at the Tampa Marriott Waterside recently? Any comments? Would appreciate any info, as we stayed at the Double Tree last time and were very disappointed. Thanks!

I havent stayed at the Marriott waterside recently (its been a few years), but I can say I was very happy with my experience. The room was very nice and it was just a comfortable stay. Location is convenient, and several dining options inside the hotel. I usually like Marriott hotels because I usually know what I am going get (with a few exceptions).

I stayed at the Marriott Waterside last August. We were only there for 1 night before our cruise, but it was a very comfortable stay. The bed was very comfortable and we had a small balcony and the next morning we were able to see our ship docked at Channelside off to the left of the balcony. We had breakfast in the restaurant before the cruise. I though it was a little pricey, but the food was good. The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous.

We took a taxi to the port. I think the cost was only about $6.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites right across the street from the Marriott BUT, we did visit the Marriott and had dinner in their restaurant. Though we did not visit the rooms, the hotel seemed typical Marriott: clean and very efficient. Either hotel would be great for Tampa - you can see the ships from your window (depending on room location).

Archived