Caribbean Princess from NY - change of clocks onboard?

robstrash

Wife and I will be on the Caribbean Princess on 13 June 2008, only 10 days from now! We are trying to figure out if the onboard clocks get changed and when. Has anyone gone on this from NY recently (think first one just got back) ? When do you change clocks and which direction?

The reason we ask is that we have a private tour in St. Thomas and it is 8:30 AM local time. We are trying to find out how this differs from ship time so we can plan accordingly.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Wife and I will be on the Caribbean Princess on 13 June 2008, only 10 days from now! We are trying to figure out if the onboard clocks get changed and when. Has anyone gone on this from NY recently (think first one just got back) ? When do you change clocks and which direction?

The reason we ask is that we have a private tour in St. Thomas and it is 8:30 AM local time. We are trying to find out how this differs from ship time so we can plan accordingly.

Thanks for your help in advance.

The daily newsletter will tell you when to change the clocks so you can rest assure you wont miss it.....Please tell us all about your trip when you return...DW and I are on this exact cruise next May.....Have a great time!!;)

John

We changed our clocks the night before the sea day between St. Thomas and Bermuda and then back again on the last night. ... If memory serves (which it doesn't sometimes...) It is posted inthe patter.

We changed our clocks the night before the sea day between St. Thomas and Bermuda and then back again on the last night. ... If memory serves (which it doesn't sometimes...) It is posted inthe patter.

You are correct!:) They also leave a note on your pillow!!

Ship's time will be the same as local time in St. Thomas.

Thanks for the info. Since it is a private tour, we were trying to verify times in advance to ensure there were no problems so waiting to see it on the ship wasn't an option. Looks like we will have a nice leisurely breakfast since we don't meet our tour until 8:30 and arrive at 7.

Will hope to write a review, but when I come home it's quarter close at work so doubt I'll have the time, but why worry about that now :D

Thanks everyone!

At this time of year, San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk are the same time as the east coast, while Bermuda is an hour ahead. I would be surprised if they adjusted the ship clock at all on this itinerary, unless they move ahead for Bermuda, then move it back again after leaving Bermuda.

At this time of year, San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk are the same time as the east coast, while Bermuda is an hour ahead. I would be surprised if they adjusted the ship clock at all on this itinerary, unless they move ahead for Bermuda, then move it back again after leaving Bermuda.

Just got off this cruise on 5/26, and that's exactly what they do, up an hour for Bermuda, and back an hour before coming into NY...

Archived