Help me choose an hotel on a beach at/near Miami

Sue's Mom

We disembark our ship in Fort Lauderdale on October 16, and plan to hire a car for 24 hours to go to Miami from where we fly out at 1.30pm the following day. I love hotels on the ocean but have only stayed in Sunny Isles before. We are looking for a pleasant, clean friendly hotel on a beach that is not expensive. Hopefully that is not a tall order. Any recommendations for a one night stay would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Try Courtyard by Marriott Oceanside. Is located right on the beach and board walk. Average hotel , but great for outdoor lunches and drinks and walking on the boardwalk for blocks and blocks. Can cab it to South Beach easily. Check it out on Tripadvisor.com

We booked this hotel for our August stay.. looks good and not too far away from anything.. we are flying into Ft Lauderdale 2 days prior to our cruise out of Miami

COURTYARD MIAMI BCH OCEANFRONT

3925 COLLINS AVENUE

MIAMI BEACH FL 33140

305-538-3373

We stayed at this hotel 3 days post-cruise in December. Nice hotel, rooms comfortable, pool nice (was hard to get a lounge - people camp out all day- use the lounge for an hour here or there, left towels on to "hold" the lounge - felt like I was on a cruise with the "chair hogs". Beach was very nice - we walked all the way to SB on the boardwalk! They will charge you for chair/lounges/umbrellas on the beach. Nice tiki bar - had music, and pretty good food/happy hours there. We would stay there again.

We stayed at this hotel 3 days post-cruise in December. Nice hotel, rooms comfortable, pool nice (was hard to get a lounge - people camp out all day- use the lounge for an hour here or there, left towels on to "hold" the lounge - felt like I was on a cruise with the "chair hogs". Beach was very nice - we walked all the way to SB on the boardwalk! They will charge you for chair/lounges/umbrellas on the beach. Nice tiki bar - had music, and pretty good food/happy hours there. We would stay there again.

That helps - kind of. It does not get a good write-up on Tripadvisor, though.

Archived