Flat Screen T.V.'s & DVD's

GeriatricNurse

Hi:

DW & I cruised recently on Disney Wonder for the first time. We enjoyed our cruise very much.

We were surprised that there was no flat screen t.v. or dvd in our stateroom!

Does anyone know if DCL will be refurbishing the staterooms on their ships to include flat screen t.v's & dvd's?

The Magic will be going into drydock later this year, and the Wonder next year. Rumor has it that they will be refurbishing all the staterooms with new carpet, drapes etc... One of the things that has been mentioned is that they might be putting flat screens in the staterooms. Unfortunately at this time, that's all that it is...rumors.

The Disney ships are very nice and most people report that they are still well maintained. Over the years there have been updates and changes to the common areas. However, the furnishings in the cabins is somewhat dated. The ships are 8? years old now? The cabins are overdue to be refurbished. Flat screen tv's, upgraded beds and bedding and better quality amenities in the bath are all overdue.

The lack of flat screen tv's seems to be a common travel complaint, whether it's a hotel or a cruiseline cabin.

Am I the only one that really doesn't find this to make a difference in my travels? Maybe because we just don't watch much TV while on vacation (or at home) so it's just not something important to me. On our last vacation the only thing we ever watched was the Weather Channel for a few minutes each morning.

Why is having a flat screen TV important to people?

(Not trying to be snarky, just truly curious.)

The lack of flat screen tv's seems to be a common travel complaint, whether it's a hotel or a cruiseline cabin.

Am I the only one that really doesn't find this to make a difference in my travels? Maybe because we just don't watch much TV while on vacation (or at home) so it's just not something important to me. On our last vacation the only thing we ever watched was the Weather Channel for a few minutes each morning.

At a hotel it is not that important to me because the rooms are much larger. But on a cruise, counter space is at a premium and it makes a difference. We did a cruise on Celebrity 2 years ago and had 24" or so LCD. It was so nice to have that extra area free.

And we are ones who actually watch TV while on a cruise (helps me to fall aslee!).

At a hotel it is not that important to me because the rooms are much larger. But on a cruise, counter space is at a premium and it makes a difference. We did a cruise on Celebrity 2 years ago and had 24" or so LCD. It was so nice to have that extra area free.

And we are ones who actually watch TV while on a cruise (helps me to fall aslee!).

The last couple cabins we were in the TV was hanging from the ceiling so flat screen or not wouldn't changed it one bit. But maybe you all our lucky and got the big rooms where there was actual counter space at all, damm I need an upgrade :D

The last couple cabins we were in the TV was hanging from the ceiling so flat screen or not wouldn't changed it one bit. But maybe you all our lucky and got the big rooms where there was actual counter space at all, damm I need an upgrade :D

Actually it was an itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny 160 SF waterVIEW cabin on the newly renovated Century!

All kidding aside, it was very nice.....their new ship, Solstice, has 32" LCD in all their cabins!:D

I don't go on vacation to watch TV so feel the same way:confused:

Oh no, please don't put in nice tv's. I'll never get my daughter out of the room then!

I'd prefer to have no tv in the stateroom. If we want to watch something we'll go up and watch the morning cartoons on the Ariel view screen while eating breakfast.

Of course, we've never had a problem with space either even on the 7N. I guess we just don't pack that much for the three of us. I can imagine how space would get to be a premium with a larger family...not sure that a flat panel tv would make that much difference though.

Jim

Oh no, please don't put in nice tv's. I'll never get my daughter out of the room then!

That's funny!

I'd prefer to have no tv in the stateroom. If we want to watch something we'll go up and watch the morning cartoons on the Ariel view screen while eating breakfast.

Of course, we've never had a problem with space either even on the 7N. I guess we just don't pack that much for the three of us. I can imagine how space would get to be a premium with a larger family...not sure that a flat panel tv would make that much difference though.

Jim

I do like having them in the room so that we can watch a few minutes of CNN or catch the various news about events on the ship, but for the little bit we watch it we certainly don't need anything fancy.

I can see in the smaller cabins or with larger families where space would be a premium, although I'm not convinced that the flat screens really make all that much of a difference. Either way, thanks for the explanations! :)

Archived