Kenai/Seward or Denali/Talkeetna

yuckylucky

After our cruise is over, we will have an RV for five days (it was booked before the gas prices started to really climb). We are torn as to whether we want to drive south from Anchorage and hang out in the Kenai area or if we want to drive north and hang out near Talkeetna and Denali. While I'd love to go farther north and even cross the arctic circle, I don't see our wallets handling the gas required to drive another 200-300 miles each way from Denali so we think we'll save that for another trip to Alaska that doesn't involve an RV.

Does anyone have any advice as to which area they would pick to visit and explore? We cannot do both...there just isn't enough time (or money for gas). We are three adults (58, 45, & 35) and one child (5). We are interested in fantastic scenery, wildlife, and some recreation as well (like boating tours, maybe kayaking, hiking, etc.).

I cannot do a search on the forum for "RV" as it tells me it's too short a word but if anyone knows of leads to RV tours/day planners, that would be great too.

Thanks!

If I have a choice I usually go to the Kenai Peninsula with Seward being the number one choice. Homer is nice as well although you’d need to weigh the drive as it’s not on the way to anything, either is Seward for that matter. They are both beautiful communities. You may want to try searching “motorhome” on the Alaska board. There’s a ton of info.

Archived