Transport options from Gardini Naxos to Taormina?

lorene1

Hi Oceania folks-

We would prefer to wander around Taormina independently. Does anyone know if there are taxis at the port or a ship shuttle to take us from the dock in Gardini to Taormina? Or are we stuck with a 4 hr. shore excursion as the only option?????

Thanks Cool Cruiser. Search has been "down" so I paged thru 9 pages of entries and found a relevant one. Seems that it's a 20 minute ride from Gardini to Taormina. Have never cruised with Oceania so just wonder if they offer shuttles from the tender areas or if we are always on our own to snag taxis. Guess I will have to wait and see!

O does not provide a shuttle to Taormina. There are taxis at the dock, but the easiest way to Taormina is to walk to the local bus stop. For about 1.4 Euros, you can take the bus and get there is about 15-20 minutes. The buses run frequently and are A/C.

You will need to walk from the dock to the bus stop (in front of the "modern" church along the waterfront. There is a closer stop, which you would likely choose on the return, but the church one is better (easier to find) for your trip to Taomina

• 2 years later...

When we were there last May we just walked off the boat and taxis were waiting. Another couple asked us to share a cab and we did and this made it a little cheaper. I can't recall the amount but it was not terribly expensive. Maybe 5 or ten euros per couple at the most.

When we were there last May we just walked off the boat and taxis were waiting. Another couple asked us to share a cab and we did and this made it a little cheaper. I can't recall the amount but it was not terribly expensive. Maybe 5 or ten euros per couple at the most.

We were there a few years and shared a cab to Taormina. It was closer to 10 euros per couple then.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived