Find a ship.........

have played this little game before on a military message board (just don't tell anyone!!)...

basically we all must know what google earth is and i personally find it cool to see a ship somewhere in the world....

well here goes to start you off...

throw (cut and paste!)these co-ord's into google earth and hey presto a RCCL ship becomes visible....

25°46'50.01"N, 80°10'43.13"W

anyone wanna take a guess on which ship it is... freedom class would be my guess.??.... others not too far away if you look hard enough....

ok, i've started it, so updates aside....let's see who we can find!!!

have played this little game before on a military message board (just don't tell anyone!!)...

basically we all must know what google earth is and i personally find it cool to see a ship somewhere in the world....

well here goes to start you off...

throw (cut and paste!)these co-ord's into google earth and hey presto a RCCL ship becomes visible....

25°46'50.01"N, 80°10'43.13"W

anyone wanna take a guess on which ship it is... freedom class would be my guess.??.... others not too far away if you look hard enough....

ok, i've started it, so updates aside....let's see who we can find!!!

Wow! Great find!! I'm curious as to how you found it?? But anyways, it is definitley a freedom class, if you look closely you can see the cantilevered hot tubs as well as the flowrider!

Key West....

24°33'25.56"N, 81°48'33.43"W

i think it's a RCCL ???

any takers??

It's harder to tell with this one because i couldnt zoom in all of the way, but it looks like an RCCL ship because i think i see the viking crown lounge, anywas im going 2 guess voyager class but i could be wrong. Great find nontheless.

Wow! Great find!! I'm curious as to how you found it?? But anyways, it is definitley a freedom class, if you look closely you can see the cantilevered hot tubs as well as the flowrider!

It's harder to tell with this one because i couldnt zoom in all of the way, but it looks like an RCCL ship because i think i see the viking crown lounge, anywas im going 2 guess voyager class but i could be wrong. Great find nontheless.

yeah i thought the hot tubs give it away...

it's pretty easy to do really... figure out where ships 'hang out' and then go look!!

when you've found one... click the yellow placemark thingy at the top and the co-ord's appear... cut n paste em in, remembering the comma after the N.. and hey presto something to amuse us when we have nothing to do at work!!!

It's freedom of the seas. Mine has a little blue dot on it and when I put my mouse on it, it says Miami-Freedom Of The Seas.

everyday's a school day!!

i just ticked the 'geographic web' box and anyone that has found something there in the past has a blue dot!!

super!!

Hope you guys don't mind if I post a bunch of ships.

SS United States in Philly...

39°55'6.45"N, 75° 8'10.78"W

The old Indy in SF

37°45'47.74"N, 122°22'58.43"W

Queen Mary in Long Beach

33°45'11.82"N, 118°11'22.72"W

The World in St.Kitts

17°17'22.87"N, 62°43'21.90"W

One of the Millenium ships in Venezia

45°26'9.55"N, 12°18'39.41"E

Two Vista class ships under construction in Venezia

45°28'27.05"N, 12°14'36.35"E

I'm thinking that QV is the less compelte one, since these images are somewhat old.

Sovereign class ship and Fantasy class ship in Nassau

25° 4'50.85"N, 77°20'27.44"W

Sun class ship off of Princess Cays

24°38'9.74"N, 76°10'40.79"W

Grand class in Ft.Lauderdale

26° 5'49.92"N, 80° 7'11.90"W

Coral Princess in St.Maarten

18° 0'42.01"N, 63° 2'44.55"W

Zenith or Horizon still with X in NYC

40°46'0.14"N, 73°59'56.61"W

QM2 in NYC

40°46'6.75"N, 73°59'52.84"W

Sorry for so many ships, but I had alot to share!

not sure of the cruise line but here's one transitting the Panama Canal..

9° 0'56.86"N, 79°36'40.07"W

I'm pretty sure it is a cruise ship, and it looks like a Norwegian Cruise Line ship.

Here's a cool one but I am not going to make it easy on you by giving you Lat/Longs.

Find the Enchantment of the Seas. Look for her where she got bigger.

For extra google earth nerd credit:

Find the SS Rotterdam in 2 places where she spent a lot of time.

Here's another popular locale:

28°24'41.80"N, 80°37'36.89"W

Everyone should guess the ship.

There's a little camera icon over the ship, that says SOS, this is not SOS, it is Mariner of the Seas. Sovereign class does not have inline skating or, if I remember right, minature golf

There's a little camera icon over the ship, that says SOS, this is not SOS, it is Mariner of the Seas. Sovereign class does not have inline skating or, if I remember right, minature golf

i bow to the 'experts' or should that be 'nerd's' ????? :rolleyes:

most of the ships i've seen or found, i have no idea who they belong to never mind their names.. i'm amazed at people's knowledge and their obvious love of all things 'cruise-ship'....

Archived