where to stay in FLL?

ab340

I have some customers doing a cruise in Nov out of FLL. I need some suggestions as to where to stay. They have stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader, so would like to stay somewhere else. Maybe closer to the port - they won't be renting a car, so restaurants nearby would be nice. thanks, Cary :)

If these are your customers aren't you a TA? You should know what hotels are best. That being said, I loved the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale beach on Seabreeze. New rooms and great location. Lots of restaurants within walking distance and the beach across the street is beautiful. Cost $7.00 per person for shuttle to the Port.

Read reviews on tripadvisor.

If these are your customers aren't you a TA? You should know what hotels are best. That being said, I loved the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale beach on Seabreeze. New rooms and great location. Lots of restaurants within walking distance and the beach across the street is beautiful. Cost $7.00 per person for shuttle to the Port.

Read reviews on tripadvisor.

Not meaning to be a smarty pants, but why would this person have to be a TA to have customers? Many, many other professions have customers or clients, I dont see why this would be exclusive to a TA.

Karen

We have stayed twice at the Hyatt Place ( formerly the Amerisuites). They have complimentary transportation from the FLL airport- only about 10 minutes from the airport. They also have free transportation to Port Everglades, but not Miami. The rooms are very nice, and they have a large sitting area with a sleeper sofa.

Not meaning to be a smarty pants, but why would this person have to be a TA to have customers? Many, many other professions have customers or clients, I dont see why this would be exclusive to a TA.

Karen

Absolutely!

That being said..I am a TA and use these boards ALL the time for ideas and 1st hand reviews. No way can I have been 'everywhere' so we all rely on good feedback to help guide us to the best possible choices for our Clients. Great to know what remains recommended, popular, reliable as well as what Hotels etc have disappointed. This is true for all sources of information here, whether it be a cruise or a Hotel or a Land Tour. Never knock someone for making themselves even more knowledgable and staying in 'the loop', no matter their profession!

We just returned from a pre-cruise stay at Extended Stay on the 17th St. Causeway, which we got for $45 on Priceline.

Cons- No shuttle, shampoo, pool, breakfast or they can't hold your luggage if room not available.

PROS- Less than $12 taxi ride from FLL to hotel and less than 5 minutes to the Port. VERY clean-has micro, toaster, refrigerator, stove. Directly across the street is Georgio's (Italian pizza, etc and very reasonable prices), bagel shop, Starbucks and Cold Stone Ice Cream. Publix Grocery Store is a less than 7 minute walk (going the opposite direction of the Causeway bridge and Port Everglades). The Sun Trolley (50 cents per trip) will pick you up anywhere along the route and take you to Beach Place along the Ocean. In my opinion you can't beat it for the price, especially if you're looking to save a few bucks before the cruise.

Funny you said that.....i actually called there to make reservations .....for next march....only because that is where we had stayed this year prior to our cruise...they were gonna take my reservations but i was afraid to go ahead and make them....first i thought ..."what if they didnt get the renovations done in time?" ....then i was wondering if they would really stick to the price that they quoted me since it was going to be changing hands and going thru a "multi-million" renovation!???? So decided on another place to stay...plus this year it is just for one night pre cruise and last year we went down for 5 days before and wanted to be over at the beach!

I have some customers doing a cruise in Nov out of FLL. I need some suggestions as to where to stay. They have stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader, so would like to stay somewhere else. Maybe closer to the port - they won't be renting a car, so restaurants nearby would be nice. thanks, Cary :)

Since the airport, Port Everglades, and beach are so close to each other I would pick a hotel convenient to things.

My picks for 17th Street would be:

Hyatt Pier 66

Embassy Suites

Hyatt Place

A1A:

Hilton

St. Regis

Courtyard By Marriott

Pelican Beach

The Atlantic

Las Olas:

The Riverside