First Disney cruise....4 day or 7 day?

IMO, with 3 kids I would pick the 4 day cruise. Seven days might be a bit much for them and I don't know that you would get the benefit of the ports. Four days with CC and sea day should be just about perfect.

Either way, they'll love it and hopefully you'll have a great time. Enjoy.

If you can afford it, do the 7 day. the 4 day wasnt enough for us. ( our kids are almost the same age as yours.) we did the 7 day last year and we had a blast! we rebooked for this year too.

on the 7 day there are a lot more activities too.

which ever one you choose, you cant go wrong. :cool:

Have you cruised before? I'd pick 4-day if you haven't cruised yet. We cruised Disney Wonder with 3 kids for 4 days. It was enough time for us, but we did 3 days at Disney World first.

If cost is not a factor I would do the 7 night. We have done it 2xs with 6 kids who can't wait to do it again. I am taking 2 of mine on a 4 night in Sept but, I have heard from others that the Wonder is not as good as the Magic so it may be our only cruise on the Wonder. We loved the Magic.

We are thinking of doing a Disney cruise for the first time.....Kids ages are 9,6,4...Would you pick a 4day or 7day??

As others have asked?

1st cruise? If so you might want to research more about ports and such. 7 days can be a long time to be on the ship. I'd suggest the shorter one, you get the best of the disney experience including their private beach and yet not be stuck doing the boat / port for too long. Of course if you already know that is what you want.. then go for 7. Unless the ports you visit are really what you are after, not much can beat that and doing it with Mickey! But seriously, how many dinners and pictures can you get with the characters and how many disney themed movies and such can one take :eek: If I really wanted 7 days of all Mickey I'd do 3/4day cruise and spend the balance at Disney world which is something no Port can offer.

Oh, congrats on 2nd honeymoon it'll be romantic with 3 kids ;)

7 days all the way! I just took my daughter who celebrated her 5th birthday on the Magic the first week of May, it was her first cruise, and she was asking me if she could live on the ship. :D When we disembarked the ship and she realized that we were going home, she cried with such sentiment that everyone around her felt badly. There are SO many activities to do that we couldn't fit everything in, even on a 7 day cruise. Your kids will be BEGGING you to take them to the kids' club. 4 days is just too short.

4 day.

Our first DCL cruise was the 4 day and it was just the right length. We went on 7 day a few years later and it was too much for me. Mind you, we've been on longer non-DCL cruises, however, 4 day on DCL was the right amount.

Howard

It depends. If you enjoy Disney parks, Disney films and Disney music then definitely go on the 7-day cruise. You'll love it and your kids will also.

If you avoid the parks and can care less about the films and music then try the four day cruise to start.

It depends. If you enjoy Disney parks, Disney films and Disney music then definitely go on the 7-day cruise. You'll love it and your kids will also.

If you avoid the parks and can care less about the films and music then try the four day cruise to start.

I really don't see the comparison. Yes, a non-Disney person will enjoy a 7 day even less than a 4 day, I agree.

But a cruise is a totally different vacation than a land based one, regardless if it is Disney or not. We are all things Disney, which is why we chose DCL as our first cruise. But it is still a cruise with all the plusses and minuses that a cruise has to offer. And our first cruise was a 7 day, and it was too long. Granted we had rough seas, but our second was a 4 day and it was perfect. I did not kiss the ground when we got off the ship!

Now that we are used to cruising, we only do 7 days, but I wish we had started out with a 4 day, just to get used to cruising.

Just trying to offer another prospective. And it that doesn't work, check out the price of a 7 day!:D

Our first cruise was a 4N with our then 5 year old daughter. It left us wanting more and we felt we never quite got into a groove while onboard. Our second was a 7N and was perfect (though we still wanted more ;). We just returned from another 4N and have decided we will never do a short cruise again!

Definitely the 4N helped prepare us for the longer cruise, but if I could do it all over again I would save the money and skip the 4N in favor of just doing longer cruises.

Jim

:confused: There was a "park" on the boat? I know I got to see a lots of characters, disney movies, and disney themed this and that, but I totally missed the park with Small World and all that other good stuff, damm I need another cruise, a 7 day :D

I think what he means if you only have a week and love the parks etc. you should take the 3/4 day cruise and spend the other 4/3 days exploring the wonderfuly Disney World.

If your dream is to be indulged in Disney for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and disney themed movies, shows, and to see a few tropical ports for 7 days then the 7 day is perfect for you.

If you don't really care for Disney at all I would say take the money and go on a different cruise. As NO question you are in a "different" fantasy boat on Disney versus Carnival, Princess or other line and save a few $

• 2 weeks later...

We did 4 day when my kids were 4 and 7,,,,wasn't long enough, couldn't get enough of it..we went on the seven day eastern three years later and then the seven day western just this past September. However, money constraints are sending us back on the four day in November instead of the 7 day. Either one you chose is a winner.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a Disney Fanatic like some of us, try the 3 day land 4 day sea trip. wear the kids out at the prks for three days and then try to relax on the cruise, (good luck there). The kids will have a ball and you dont have to take them on Roller Coasters on the ship,lol.

Archived