If you pre-pay tips....

do you get something to give to the waitstaff and steward so they will know you've paid? :confused: Do you still get envelopes? We will add more as we see fit, but would like to not have to worry with keeping $$ for total tips.

Thanks!

I prepaid when I cruised last year.. they give you envelopes and little vouchers for everyone saying that you've prepaid.

The vouchers must be new. Sailed on mariner last Nov, and pre paid tips. We received envelopes the last day, but did not receive vouchers with telling we had pre paid. We gave extra to all anyway as the service was outstanding.

The vouchers must be new. Sailed on mariner last Nov, and pre paid tips. We received envelopes the last day, but did not receive vouchers with telling we had pre paid. We gave extra to all anyway as the service was outstanding.

It's not new; it's old. They were "supposed" to give you vouchers; I am sorry if you didn't get them. I am sure that your servers received your gratuities anyway. :)

Your experience must be the exception that proves the rule.:)We have been getting vouchers along with the envelopes for a number of years now. We usually authorize having the tips added to our seapass account when we are onboard, but I would imagine that those who prepay their tips are treated similarly. I believe that the dining room staff and your room steward also get information advising them that you have paid the tips. In almost all instances we put additional money in the envelopes along with the vouchers to indicate that the service we have received went beyond our expectations.:)

do you get something to give to the waitstaff and steward so they will know you've paid? :confused: Do you still get envelopes? We will add more as we see fit, but would like to not have to worry with keeping $$ for total tips.

Thanks!

You will get an envelope and a form to put in it delivered to you cabin before the end of the cruise

Barbara of Sarasota

If you don't get your vouchers, make sure you go to the desk and research what happened. If, for some reason they don't have record of it, you can give accordingly. Then later you'll have to figure out what happened. Mine was messed up, so beware.

dh decided not to pre-pay, but to have them added to our account while on board (works for me... I'm paying for the cruise with my "fun money" and he's paying the onboard account :D ). So.. do we go to the purser's desk once on board, or can we do that ahead of time?

Hi Beachbum,

You can add the prepaid tips to your onboard acct up to a couple of days before the cruise ends. There will be written anouncements from the pursers desk about the procedure for prepaying your tips with your on board account. We have always recieved vouchers for the payments, which we include in the tip envelopes that are distributed the final day of the cruise. We give these to the waiters/steward, with any addition tip, to make sure that they have documentation if an error were to occur that might result in thier not recieving the prepaid tip.

There is no way for us to be sure that they recieve the tips, so it seems that to document it for them is the best way to be sure they get thier tips.

Petert

Archived