Booking Temsco vs Cruise

Dresher5

Help!

My family wants to book a helicopter/dog sled in Juneau. We heard about Temsco but when I contacted them they would not gaurantee we would be back for our cruise departure. This makes me extremely nervous. SHould we play it safe and just book through cruise?

Also, has anyone done the White Pass Train/ kayak trip? We have three kids 10-16 and want to know if that would appeal to them. Thanks!!

Can you get an earlier time with Temsco? If not, maybe one of the other groups (like Coastal or ERA would have a better departure time). We booked with ERA, are taking an 11:30 depature, and since our ship doesn't leave until after 7PM, we should be in good shape. The cost was $100 per person less than booking through the ship (and based on tour description, I think that they are providing the same service to cruise passengers at other times that day).

I don't know how many of these outfits will ever guarantee to get you back to your ship on time. Better to give yourself plenty of time to get done with the tour and back to your ship, or if the time is tight, book with your cruise ship.

Archived