Cannes or Villefranche?

I am on Independence for the 14 night Italian Mediterranean cruise departing on 9 August 2008.

Can anyone confirm whether the port stop is Cannes or Villefranche? The itinerary states Cannes but when I was on Brilliance in 2004 it actually was Villefranche.

If it is Cannes, how far is it from the point at which the tender docks to the centre of Cannes? Is it walking distance or do RCI provide a shuttle?

Many thanks.

Andrew.

If it's Cannes you are right there--what a great place--very walkable & there is a nice little train tour (le petit tren?) you can take from the park area just past the Film Festival Bldg...we enjoyed that after a great excursion to Nice... & nice cafe lunch...our cruise was on century so can't say where your port will be--we originally has Villefranche & it was changed.. I believe it made Monaco a bit further that's why we took the Nice your (as best as I can recall) It was a great day--lots of sights to see...

I am on Independence for the 14 night Italian Mediterranean cruise departing on 9 August 2008.

Can anyone confirm whether the port stop is Cannes or Villefranche? The itinerary states Cannes but when I was on Brilliance in 2004 it actually was Villefranche.

If it is Cannes, how far is it from the point at which the tender docks to the centre of Cannes? Is it walking distance or do RCI provide a shuttle?

Many thanks.

Andrew.

Hello Andrew,

Just got off the Navigator yesterday, and we docked in Cannes. There is no shuttle into town, you just walk as the tender drops you off in the centre anyway. From there we walked up to the railway station and went to Nice for the day. On return we walked down from the station to the saefront and headed back to ship. Very easy.

Steven

I am on the same sailing and was convinced when we booked it said Villefranche on the website, but now it says Cannes so I am also confused. Have you posted on the roll call for this cruise? Perhaps someone on there will know.

I am on the same sailing and was convinced when we booked it said Villefranche on the website, but now it says Cannes so I am also confused. Have you posted on the roll call for this cruise? Perhaps someone on there will know.

I haven't asked the Roll Call yet as I assumed they would not know any more than me. I have emailed RCI and I will post their reply when received (although, from previous experience, their reply is not always correct!).

Are you on Independence 9 August 2008? Would love you to join our Roll Call. See you there! :)

Andrew.

Just thought I would confirm that RCI have now replied to my email and they have confirmed that Indy stops at Cannes not Villefranche which is much better :)

Thanks for the info. I am booked on the Indy cruise but it is for next year. I can't wait!!!!!! I have been to Villefrance twice before once on Legend and Splendour so this port will be something new for me.:D

Stay on the train if you want to go to on to Monaco. We did and found Monaco interesting with the multi-multi million $ yachts and cars, seaside restaurants, the palace, etc. It is an hour or less from Nice. Buy your roundtrip ticket at the train station in Nice. It's much cheaper than buying a tour from the ship and more fun on your own!

RCI did not offer a shuttle n either port when I was there on Brilliance about a year ago.

A shuttle to where? If in Cannes, you tender right into a tender pier located at the old port (a 3 min walk across the parking lot and you are downtown). If in Villefranche, you are also located in this small resort town within walking distance to the local train station or bus stops.

Hank

Archived