Lanyards

Check out eyeglass holder chains. I've seen pretty beaded ones in the dollar store, Just put an "O" ring through the 2 loose ends and there you go! We also use a small carabiner clip to make it easy to get our cards on.

Have fun!

Cindra

I did a search for lanyards and didn't come up with any nice ones. Does anyone know where to find "pretty" laynards ~ beaded maybe. Thanks, Lu

Definately check EBay.....there are tons in so many colors and patterns.

OR...... if you are crafty, you can even make your own. That is what I did. I made one for my mother and I for our last cruise, and we got so many compliments on them. I just went to Michaels Craft store and picked out my own beads and whipped them together in a few hours.

Definately check EBay.....there are tons in so many colors and patterns.

OR...... if you are crafty, you can even make your own. That is what I did. I made one for my mother and I for our last cruise, and we got so many compliments on them. I just went to Michaels Craft store and picked out my own beads and whipped them together in a few hours.

This is what I do also. Michaels has a great assortment of beads. And it is really easy to put them together. I have gotten a lot of compliments on them and always tell everyone I made and so can you.

Laura

Thank you all for your ideas:D . I'v ordered one from E-bay already and I am going to look at the beads at Michaels and "maybe" make one. I am not sure if HAL sells lanyards like RCI does ~ $4 sounds like a great buy~ next year I will have to get one when the Freedom comes to Port Caniveral. LU

Check out eyeglass holder chains. I've seen pretty beaded ones in the dollar store, Just put an "O" ring through the 2 loose ends and there you go! We also use a small carabiner clip to make it easy to get our cards on.

Have fun!

Cindra

Last night I bought eyeglass holder because it looked so pretty & I wear glasses for reading & I just did the impulsive:p So now I have a great idea & I have o rings BUT then what? Obviously I am not a crafty person cause if I look at lanyards I still need a plastic pouch (where to get one)& a way to attach it? Punch a hole & put O ring through? Won't it rip through plastic if even slightly tugged on?:confused:

Last night I bought eyeglass holder because it looked so pretty & I wear glasses for reading & I just did the impulsive:p So now I have a great idea & I have o rings BUT then what? Obviously I am not a crafty person cause if I look at lanyards I still need a plastic pouch (where to get one)& a way to attach it? Punch a hole & put O ring through? Won't it rip through plastic if even slightly tugged on?:confused:

You can get the pouches from Wal-Mart. They are the the vertical badge id holders and they are strong. The pouch already has a hole in it so just put your sea pass card in the pouch. O ring thru the hole in the pouch on to the eye lass holder. Very easy to do.

Laura

You can get the pouches from Wal-Mart. They are the the vertical badge id holders and they are strong. The pouch already has a hole in it so just put your sea pass card in the pouch. O ring thru the hole in the pouch on to the eye lass holder. Very easy to do.

Laura

Took me a while to find them in my Walmart. Finally found them in the office section. Think it was a package of 12 for $4.

Not as budget friendly, but definitely fashionable.. I have a lanyard that my mother-in-law purchased for me from Brighton. I think it was nearly 30 dollars (for work). Everyone always compliments me on it. I never considered wearing my sail & sign card around my neck at all times... perhaps like wearing a camera all the time (Asian tourist). Anyway, I've always stuck it in a pocket or brought a little handbag.

Last night I bought eyeglass holder because it looked so pretty & I wear glasses for reading & I just did the impulsive:p So now I have a great idea & I have o rings BUT then what? :confused:

Another option - no plastic case. The guest relations desk can punch a hole in your card and then it can be slipped into the o-ring.

I actually bought (wal mart) a bracelet made of a plasic spring with an o-ring attached. It slips off and on my wrist, but not so easily that it falls off.

At 47, I might look a little strange walking around with it on my wrist, but I don't care. I don't have to worry about carrying a purse nor will it fall out of my pocket. I do have to remember to always put it in the same place when I take it off in the cabin.

Thank you Miriam ~ I can see why you have bought so many:D . LU

You're welcome!

One of the reasons I don't bother making my own is that Jennifer makes such beautiful lanyards. AND makes them so they are incredibly strong. The one time I tried a bead job on my own, I was picking up beads off the store floor where I was shopping. I think she says she double crimps her lanyards and they hold up well (unlike my pitiful attempt!:rolleyes: ).

Thanks I make beaded jewlery and never thought about making a lanyard out of them!!:eek: I always double crimp my jewlery so that way it doesn't break as easy. Wow this gives me something to do while waiting for our cruise. Now I just need to know how many to make!!!!:)

Another option - no plastic case. The guest relations desk can punch a hole in your card and then it can be slipped into the o-ring.

I actually bought (wal mart) a bracelet made of a plasic spring with an o-ring attached. It slips off and on my wrist, but not so easily that it falls off.

At 47, I might look a little strange walking around with it on my wrist, but I don't care. I don't have to worry about carrying a purse nor will it fall out of my pocket. I do have to remember to always put it in the same place when I take it off in the cabin.

Or, also at Walmart, you can buy the clips that allow you to attach the little pouch (or card if it has a hole in it) at your waistband, or pocket, etc. Not as pretty as a lanyard around your neck, but just as functional, and perhaps a little more discreet for those of us that do not want to wear it around our necks. Think those were four for $4 at Walmart

I bought DD one at Claire's. It's purple with monkeys both of which she loves; and it was only $1.99. I bought mine at a Big Dog store. It is hot pink with hibiscus flowers on it. I also bought DS one there and ours combined only cost $1.99.

I looked at the ones at Wal-mart, Target etc. but didn't like them nearly as much as the ones I got. If I remember correctly you can order the Big Dog ones online.

for the ideas. I will check out Walmart & I have seen those wrist braclets!

and :confused: remember to put it back in the same place...you mean I'm not the only one with DOB (date of birth ) problems;)

Archived