Laundry

My wife and I will be on the Jewel in July and were wondering about laundry facilities on board. Do they do a decent job, how long to get it back, is it very expensive or reasonable, and do they do pressing also?

There are no self-service laundry facilities, but they do give out the stuff-a-bag twice during the cruise for a flat $20 rate, and do an excellent job. We sent out laundry 3 times, and it was returned to us the next day on two occasions. They also do only pressing, but the charge wasn't a deal.

There are no self-service laundry facilities, but they do give out the stuff-a-bag twice during the cruise for a flat $20 rate, and do an excellent job. We sent out laundry 3 times, and it was returned to us the next day on two occasions. They also do only pressing, but the charge wasn't a deal.

I think I've read that there are self-service laundry facilities on NCL Jewel, unless you're referring to Jewel of the Seas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=781130

I just returned from a Baltics cruise on the NCL Jewel. There are self-serve laundry facilities on decks 7,9 and 11. Detergent is $1 a package, but the machines are free. There are three washers and three dryers in each laundry room. Otherwise, NCL does a special twice during the cruise where they charged a flat fee of $25 per bag of laundry, which I thought was pretty steep, so I just did my own laundry one night on a sea day. The laundry facilities were pretty crowded in the afternoons, but were generally available in the evenings.

We had the flat $20 rate for whatever you could get in their (small) plastic bag, but our notice said it only included underwear, socks, pajamas, etc. - no jeans, shirts etc.

Easy to figure it out...

The OP is on the July 10 sailiing of the RCCL Jewel of the Seas...

No self-service laundry...

Send it out...

With luggage restrictions by airlines now, you can't exactly overpack...

We'll be hit with the laundry/packing crunch when we're on the Constellation next month as well--14 night cruise plus multi-day pre- and post cruise will mean we're packing for THREE WEEKS...including 3 formal nights and 4 "informal" (semiformal) nights...I'm renting a tux just to save on luggage space...

But, we'll need to use that laundry service at least a couple of times during the cruise...

The quality of the service better be good...and the price is really moot...We don't exactly have a choice...

One thing I have not seen mentioned is that there are (or at least were last summer) water restrictions in St. Petersburg.

Because of them the laundry facilities, both self serve and ship's, were closed while we were in St. Petersburg last summer on the Star Princess. This was just over half way through our cruise. On the next day, our Helsinki stop, the self serve laundry facilities seemed to be used by everyone causing long delays in waiting for machines.

Archived