Rental Of Motorized Scooters

Ma Ma H

Has Anyone Rented Either A Motorized Skooter Or Wheelchair When Sailing Out Of Cape Liberty, Bayone, New Jersey. I Am Handicapped And Would Rather Rent Than Try To Bring My Hoveround. I Have A Regular Wheelchair Which Would Be Easier To Bring And Rent A Motorized One At The Pier.

I Am Sailing October 2009 Aboard The Constellation, And Have A Handicapped Room. This Will Be My First Cruise Since My Accident In 2005.

Thanks...............

I Would Appreciate Any Information

I looked into this for my mother and found several companies that offer this service in Florida, but I haven't looked in New York. I think a simple google search would start you in the right direction.

If you are going to rent a scooter though make sure you have a handicapped cabin. They will not fit in a regular cabin. I have seen people leave them in the hallway (not a good idea and dangerous, IMO) and also by the elevators (which is at the very least unsightly and which also could be dangerous).

Hi!

I just returned from the Connie (I sailed 5/17-5/31). I am physically challenged, but do not use a wheelchair or scooter as a regular course of action. I do know that there is a company called Scootaround and they can be reached at 1-888-441-7575. They rent scooters and will deliver right to the pier. Also, if you do not want to take the scooter off the ship with you and are comfortable using a manual wheelchair, you can always take one of the ship's chairs off with you on tour etc. Also, on my recent cruise, I had accessible stateroom 7143 and it was great!!! This was my second time on the Constellation (my 20th cruise overall), and she is one of my favorite ships. I hope this information helps. Have a great cruise!!!

Regards,

Dean

Hi!

I just returned from the Connie (I sailed 5/17-5/31). I am physically challenged, but do not use a wheelchair or scooter as a regular course of action. I do know that there is a company called Scootaround and they can be reached at 1-888-441-7575. They rent scooters and will deliver right to the pier. Also, if you do not want to take the scooter off the ship with you and are comfortable using a manual wheelchair, you can always take one of the ship's chairs off with you on tour etc. Also, on my recent cruise, I had accessible stateroom 7143 and it was great!!! This was my second time on the Constellation (my 20th cruise overall), and she is one of my favorite ships. I hope this information helps. Have a great cruise!!!

Regards,

Dean

Am wondering about same when NOT ON a Carb.or other local cruise, but in , say NZ/Aust. It seems to me it might be hard to rent one there, as the ships leaves from a different port than we end in, not to mention perhaps they probably just don't have the service there?:confused:

Dean,

Thank You For Your Quick Reply To My Question, I Appreciate It Very Much. I Have Cabin 7137 For Oct.2009 So I Have A Long Way To Go. Please God I Will Be Moving Better By Then, I Lived In Rockland For 40 Years And We Ust Moved To Orange In 2006.

Thanks Again..

Ellen

Archived