Photos of Millennium

cmeade

Recently returned from a 15 day SF to AK to SF on the Millenium. We loved the ship, the food, he very responsive staff and especially the therapy pool. We didn't inspect with a fine-tooth comb, but there didn't seem to be any serious problems. Our balcony rail was refinished while we were aboard. Yes, there were a few black spots on the hem of the curtains, but it was not mold; rather, it was just a little dirt from the tracks of the sliding door. Everything else was spic and span. We'd definitely sail on her again at the drop of a hat.

Here's a link to some photos that another passenger on our cruise submitted to our cruise roll call. I think he took photos of every square inch of the ship. Each photo on the page is the first page of an album, so click away. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sharkie2008

I am amazed !!! I thought we took a lot of photos on our trips...but mostly of the sights ashore...they must have photographed every meal they ate!!! Well should be no mystery on board for anyone after looking at these! Nice picture quality, Admit I never yearned to photograph my dinner, would rather eat it (while still warm)

We did the cruise after BBsails and found the Millie to be in much better shape than some of the older reviews would lead people to believe. We already knew about our cabin as someone on CC had been in just before us but it too wasn't as bad I had imagined. The bed was very comfortable with lovely linen sheets. Our towels were changed twice a day!

The service (except for our drink waiter) was outstanding. The food was plentiful and tasty, the entertainment in the theatre was good, especially the Celebrity singers and dancers and all in all, we found the ship to be a great place to spend 11 nights in.

Thanks for the great pics I was hoping for more of the ship it self. Good to hear the ship is better then I had heard it is a year though before we go so I am hoping they keep it up. We are at the rear of the ship in a back end cabin concierge class so hopefully the upgrade will be worth it.

Thanks for the great pics I was hoping for more of the ship it self. Good to hear the ship is better then I had heard it is a year though before we go so I am hoping they keep it up. We are at the rear of the ship in a back end cabin concierge class so hopefully the upgrade will be worth it.

We were on it in March/April and also had a CC cabin at the back of the ship...it was fantastic! You will love the huge balcony and quiet location, with no hallway noise.

As for the ship condition, it was immaculately clean. Yes, there are some areas of wear and tear, but we were not bothered by it, because we constantly saw crew cleaning, repairing, and replacing.

If you look carefully for chipped paint, rust stains, fingerprints, etc, you will find them...but I think that's true for any ship. Millennium is very well cared for and very modern considering it's age.

For photos, go to webshots and type in Celebrity Millennium. There are tons of photos out there of the ship!

Enjoy your trip!

Here's my favorite picture of the Millennium....this was our first sight of her, docked at St. Marks Square in Venice. We were on a water bus going to St. Marks from the airport. I guess the captain decided to dock there for the day so that folks could visit...by evening she was at her real docking preparing for our arrival the next day.:D

MillenniumVenice.jpg

Here are a couple of photos of the Millenium taken on the 5/19-5/30 San Francisco to Vancouver trip.

http://picasaweb.google.com/magnus.bruce/Alaska2008/photo#5207725172961590114

http://picasaweb.google.com/magnus.bruce/Alaska2008/photo#5207725382401666386

Don't worry about the condition of the ship. She's fine and getting constant attention. Reading some posts on this board makes one think that the Millenium is 2 cruises from being sent to the shipbreakers in India. This is definitely not true. Are there some stains on the carpets and some worn furniture? Yes, if you look for them, they are there, but this in no way deters from the excellent cruising experience offered by the ship and its crew. The service is excellent in all departments and the food as good as ever, especially in The Olympic.

This was our third cruise on Celebrity (and 6th overall) - each one as good as the previous. We even started planning our next trip on Celebrity before we disembarked this one.

If you don't dwell on any negatives along the way, ask politely for problems to be resolved and treat the crew with the respect they deserve, you are guaranteed to have an excellent experience.

We are on the 12 night Hawaii in April 2009, the last cruise before a 2 week drydock in Vancouver. If you are going in Sept 2009, she will be just refurbed and beautiful!

I guess I don't have to worry about leaving her clean for you...:)

MKbruce, thanks for the great pictures sure wish our cruise was this Sept. in stead of next September, but we leave for Scotland June 27th that is our big trip this year. Also we are going on a New Years cruise with Carnival.

My in laws have been telling us we need to do Celebrity so that is why we decided on it.

Anyone go to the Grand Denali lodge? If so how did you like it?

Archived