change in diamond discount by rci

rci changed the diamond discount from 150.00 a person to 100.00 a person last dec. 15. the discount worked this way before: 5 to 8 days the diamond discount per person was 100.00. 6 to 9 day cruise the diamond discount was 150.00 per person. now they say 5 to 9 days is 100.00 per person and 10 and up is 150.00 per person.

we cruise out of bayonne a lot on the 9 day cruise on the explorer and now we are getting 50.00 per person less.

we disagree that rci is doing this, since we always got the higher.

did anyone know about this change and how do you feel about it?

i wrote richard fain about it.

rci changed the diamond discount from 150.00 a person to 100.00 a person last dec. 15. the discount worked this way before: 5 to 8 days the diamond discount per person was 100.00. 6 to 9 day cruise the diamond discount was 150.00 per person. now they say 5 to 9 days is 100.00 per person and 10 and up is 150.00 per person.

we cruise out of bayonne a lot on the 9 day cruise on the explorer and now we are getting 50.00 per person less.

The old Diamond balcony discounts were.........

$100 3-5 nights

$200 6-8 nights

$300 9+ nights

The new Diamond balcony discounts are..............

$100 3-5 nights

$200 6-9 nights

$300 10+ nights

The OBC's were also changed at the same time......

$ 50 3-5 nights

$100 6-9 nights

$200 10+ nights

Yes, it was actively posted and discussed here on CC when the change took place.

It's called.........changing times!

As Patti has pointed out, this has been discussed at length here on the boards since the change. It is what it is...

And the discount is per cabin. RCCL just breaks it out per person on the receipt. ;)

BTW, welcome to CC. :) How come it took you so long to find us?! :cool:

kaboodlerci changed the diamond discount from 150.00 a person to 100.00 a person last dec. 15. the discount worked this way before: 5 to 8 days the diamond discount per person was 100.00. 6 to 9 day cruise the diamond discount was 150.00 per person. now they say 5 to 9 days is 100.00 per person and 10 and up is 150.00 per person.

Patti is correct that this has been discussed for quite some time on CC.

We still get $200 off of a 7 day cruise and that has been extended to more days then before.

There are many more Diamond and Plus members out there now that it is so much easier to make it. I believe that the cruise lines have to cut corners somewhere now a days and this is one of those places.

We do get the C&A coupons also and it has worked out for me where I have been able to make up that missing $100 and received coupons for $150.

I am still satisfied that I even get this amount from RCCL.

Do I want to see any other benefit drops or coupons disappear? No.

Here are the old amounts

Here is all of them.

Platinum Balcony discount is,

$50 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$100 for 6-8 nights (not days)

$200 for 9 nights or above (not days)

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discount is,

$100 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$200 for 6-8 nights (not days)

$300 for 9 nights or above (not days)

That is per cabin, not per person.

These are the newest discounts.

These are:

Platinum Balcony discount is,

$50 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$100 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$200 for 10 nights or above (not days)

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discount is,

$100 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$200 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$300 for 10 nights or above (not days)

That is per cabin, not per person.

The shareholder benefit is as follows according to CC danrph:

$250 - Onboard credit per stateroom for 14 or more nights

$200 - Onboard credit per stateroom for 9 to 13 nights

$100 - Onboard credit per stateroom for 6 to 8 nights

$50 - Onboard credit per stateroom for 5 nights or less

I become diamond in May next year (5 night Europe cruise)... I currently have 7 cruise credits and will get another 2 by August this year, then May 09 making it 10. I am about to book a back to back Europe on Vision (4 night and 5 night). Please could you tell me what discount might be applied for balcony cabin on each leg? There are 2 adults and 2 kids sharing, we will all be diamond by then?(dont expect anything for kids, however although they are C & A members) Someone also mentioned OBC... when diamond, is this another perk??.

Finally... do Diamond members get canapes in the cabin no matter what cabin are in? We have had a suite before and enjoyed this benefit, and would be nice especially as no concierge suite on Vision.

Thanks in advance for all your advice.It will help me make my mind up as to which cabins to book.

Hollyanna

The old Diamond balcony discounts were.........

$100 3-5 nights

$200 6-8 nights

$300 9+ nights

The new Diamond balcony discounts are..............

$100 3-5 nights

$200 6-9 nights

$300 10+ nights

The OBC's were also changed at the same time......

$ 50 3-5 nights

$100 6-9 nights

$200 10+ nights

Yes, it was actively posted and discussed here on CC when the change took place.

It's called.........changing times!

Patti are you sure that is what it is called?;) :D

I become diamond in May next year (5 night Europe cruise)... I currently have 7 cruise credits and will get another 2 by August this year, then May 09 making it 10. I am about to book a back to back Europe on Vision (4 night and 5 night). Please could you tell me what discount might be applied for balcony cabin on each leg? There are 2 adults and 2 kids sharing, we will all be diamond by then?(dont expect anything for kids, however although they are C & A members) Someone also mentioned OBC... when diamond, is this another perk??.

Finally... do Diamond members get canapes in the cabin no matter what cabin are in? We have had a suite before and enjoyed this benefit, and would be nice especially as no concierge suite on Vision.

Thanks in advance for all your advice.It will help me make my mind up as to which cabins to book.

Hollyanna

If you are saying that your B2B is after May 2009, and you will be diamond, then it is as Alexis posted above. $100 per cabin on each leg. $100 for the 4 night and $100 for the 5 night. That's the balcony discount.

The OBC that was mentioned you would get from booking the B2B while onboard another cruise.

Hi,

I haven't received a survey either. I would guess that they randomly send them out.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises, I can't wait to be back on the Grandeur at the end of Oct. I think we will miss the rotation of Captain Rob who we really enjoyed on our B2B this past April. We will have another shot of getting him as our Captain as we booked next years B2B in April of '09. Empress of the Seas was our home for 4 crusies now Grandeur seems to have taken her place.

Joyce and of course Harvey

I think that when this was first discussed here several months ago, we discovered that with the exception of the Explorer 9 night cruises, RCI offers very few other 9 night cruises, so the effect is fairly limited. None of us likes to have benefits reduced but in this case there are only a few cruises that fall into this category.

I become diamond in May next year (5 night Europe cruise)...

Hollyanna

Yes, as a diamond member you get all the same benefits no matter what cabin you are in. DD & I took a last minute cruise over spring break. Had an inside cabin, all the way at the front of the ship on deck 2! We got our robes, our canapes, concierge keys...everything.

• 2 weeks later...

The survey strongly hinted to me that they are leaning toward a system whereby instead of completed cruise credits to determine levels, they want to shift to a system of levels of benefits being determined by total number of nights of previous cruises. I think HAL measures it this way, possibly others.

I like that the shareholder benefit is simply for any cruise up to 5 nights. We've booked a little 2-niter on Navigator for a getaway in January and they are not extending the C&A balcony discount to that cruise. Also not letting me use the RCI Visa certificates for a free 3-4 night bahamas cruise or a free companion for a 3-4 night bahamas cruise for that shorter cruise. There are a couple other RCI Visa awards that they have told me don't apply, but we'll see if I get the same answer to that question next time I call C&A and ask.

Yes, the discounts are per stateroom--used to confuse me when I would see it broken out per person on the statement. Same w/ C&A coupons which we have twice used. The OBC for booking on board, I think, just appears as a single credit, not two pro-rated credits--but if that is not correct, please let the readers of this thread know.

So it appears the shift on the discount is precisely on the 9 night cruise and no others. Interesting how this specific duration was chosen, but they left 8 nighters alone (for the ships that alternate 6 and 8 nighters).

The survey strongly hinted to me that they are leaning toward a system whereby instead of completed cruise credits to determine levels, they want to shift to a system of levels of benefits being determined by total number of nights of previous cruises. I think HAL measures it this way, possibly others.

Do you still have the survey? I'd like to see what the questions were. Perhaps they'll have a "lower of" of # of cruises and days at sea the way Princess does.

So it appears the shift on the discount is precisely on the 9 night cruise and no others. Interesting how this specific duration was chosen, but they left 8 nighters alone (for the ships that alternate 6 and 8 nighters).

The 8- and 6-nighters get the same $200 pp discount, so they would have to change all the way down to 5 nights if they were going to reduce that benefit.:)

It's my guess they'll change even more shortly

Has anybody else completed the email survey sent by RCI re; Crown and Anchor benefits?

I have received this survey twice. I just received one about 2 weeks ago and the first one I received was several months ago. I filled both of them out. It takes about 15 to 20 mins to fill them out. Everything is done online.

Archived