Favorit Bar on AOS?

irish2005

Yes!! I tried a variety of martinis in the Blue Moon including green apple martinis; and the bartender (Rafael Laloo - I wonder if he's still there?) made me one not on the menu :D - an espresso martini - because I told him I love espresso!

The Blue Moon was quiet in the evenings and got very lively around 10 p.m. with an awesome band. DH and I closed that bar many nights on our AOS cruises.

SeaBaby

As one who likes to enjoy a quality beverage.... I am looking for a quality bartender next week... I was intriqued by your post... How long ago were you on the AOS

Zark427 - we were on AOS for special 10 day sailing May 3, 2004. I think Rafael was scheduled for some time off in September, but do ask for him just in case.

Another excellent bartender on AOS is Marcello. We met him in June 2003 on a back-to-back. He was also in Blue Moon, but rotated to Schooner bar the second week. We asked for him this past May - he was working in the theatre bar in the evening and the pool bar in the day. When we finally saw him, the first thing he said to us was the drinks we ordered a year earlier!!! Marcello is referred to as "the old man" on AOS.

Enjoy your cruise!

SeaBaby

SeaBaby

thanks for help.... hiccupp, hiccupp.... I'll be on the look out for both of those tenders for the time I get on board.... I hope they can mix a mean LongIsland (which I hapen to be drinking now (3rd one))...

• 12 years later...
Yes!! I tried a variety of martinis in the Blue Moon including green apple martinis; and the bartender (Rafael Laloo - I wonder if he's still there?) made me one not on the menu :D - an espresso martini - because I told him I love espresso!

The Blue Moon was quiet in the evenings and got very lively around 10 p.m. with an awesome band. DH and I closed that bar many nights on our AOS cruises.

SeaBaby

I was on the Oasis of the Seas in June, 2017 and Rafael was still there. By far my favorite bartender.