I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

:-) I googled SEK and ended up at website that had every country in the world listed and converted in a second or two.

Do you realize how long this task would have taken 20 years ago. I'd have had make a trip to the bank!

Mahalo yourself, my response was maybe a little bit short but i was in a hurry so feel free to ask for anything.

Hi Danish Viking,

Got another question for you. From the Marriott Hotel to Nyhavn area to catch a Canal Boat Tour. Beside walking there (how long do you think it would take) and is there any public transportation between those two point?

Thank you in advance.

Mahalo = Hawaiian for thanks,

Tak,

xlixer

we will be in port on Wednesday, 3 August 2011....arriving on Oceania Insignia.

This is what we would like to do...use public transportation from pier to Nyhavn, take a canal tour, hang around awhile, shop on Stroget and from there go to Tivoli Gardens before heading back to the ship.

I read Terry's information about the walk back being about 3 miles.

I believe that my legs will be tired, and would like to know if we are eating in one of the Tivoli Restaurants, would they call a taxi for our return to the ship?

Not sure the proximity of these three places.

Danish Viking had a nice map link posted a few days ago but not in English so I had difficulty following it all.

I believe someone else suggested bus 26...from where to where etc.

First time in Denmark so we do want to eat at a "open face" restaurant. We have lots of Danes in Minnesota.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks,jo

We are a group of six who will be disembarking in Copenhagen on the Vision on May 22. We have prearranged van service to pick us up at 9AM at the pier to take us to the airport for a 12:30PM flight. Saw something on here about a marathon in Copenhagen on May 22...will this impact our trip to the airport?

Hello.

We are coming to Copenhagen in August. Wanted to find what to expect White Wines going for? Would they be less expensive in Duty Free Shop at the Airport?

Are there Duty Free Shops in the City that we could also purchase wine from?

Regards

@ xlixer

This map will show you the most scenic route from Marriott to the nyhavn area.

Bus 11A will take to nyhavn but it will take a detour around downtown Copenhagen

http://map.krak.dk/m/IeZdU

@ jtamchay

Bus number 26 will get you from Langelinie pier to Nyhavn in no time, just use the Kongens Nytorv stop.

Cafe Ketchup in Tivoli serves Ida Davidsens famous smørrebrød (aka open faced Sandwich) but situated inside Tivoli there will be no acces to a taxi but just use the entrace facing the central station and you will find plenty of taxi´s.

Remember that it is cheaper to get a taxi on the street than order one on the phone.

Here is the distance from Langelinie Pier, Nyhavn, Tivoli and back to Langelinie Pier.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Langelinie+All%C3%A9,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Nyhavn,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:R%C3%A5dhuspladsen,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Langelinie+All%C3%A9,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&geocode=FVjeUQMd10HAACntMywP3VJSRjE_T-yaL8rkaw%3BFdCZUQMdYCDAACm1w4QxPVNSRjHRJ_YhMgDBrw%3BFQaNUQMdX8i_ACEkzePVIuor6Q%3BFVjeUQMd10HAACntMywP3VJSRjE_T-yaL8rkaw&mra=pd&sll=55.68747,12.585809&sspn=0.032707,0.076818&ie=UTF8&ll=55.685908,12.583122&spn=0.032708,0.076818&t=h&z=14

@ kareng54

I would add atleast 30 minutes to the trip just in case.

The most likely scenario is that the busdriver will drive north and either take Ring 2 or Motorring 3 west of central Copenhagen and out to the airport.

@ jam-mac

I don´t know for sure but i think the duty free shops at the airport are cheaper, i´m also not sure about duty free shops in central Copenhagen.

There is rush hour in Copenhagen this year with 368 calls (+ one in Malmö) there will be alot of traffic.

On june 6 with the Norwegian Sun and on July 10 With Arcadia they will use Levantkaj pier (quay 263)

Both days will see 6 cruise ship calls with 5 and 4 of them as Turn around calls.

http://map.krak.dk/m/IeO8J

we are leaving from Freeport terminal on Sunday and heard the bus does not go there on the weekends. What is the best way to get to terminal from Central Station. Also we are staying a couple days ahead, can you recommend

any reasonable restarants. We heard most are expensive.

@ Dalidaligolf

I would take the 10-15 minute short walk to Nordhavn Station and then take the S-train to København H (Central Station).

If you can find the Gråbrødretorv area and Valkensdorfsgade you will find some cheap Steakhouse and mediterranean restaurants and cafés.

http://map.krak.dk/m/ISpbR

Danish Viking,

It is now March 12th but I don't see a change in fares - that lower rate they said would be posted 90 days prior. I will wait and see what is posted tomorrow.

Meanwhile, can you tell me where this information is: "Note that the train departs from Østerport at XX:24 and not at XX:33 that is the departure time from København H. "

Will all trains leave Osterport nine minutes before going on to Kopenhagen? Is there a chance that the train I pick will not leave from Osterport?

I am thinking the 9:24 may be pushing it, so am now looking at the 10:33 (arrives 13:19) which actually says "Ostersundstagen". Is that the Kopenhagen station or Osterport or someplace else??

Also, can you tell me what time the sun sets on June 10 as I would like to travel back while it is still daylight.

I appreciate you helping me accomplish this family reunion. It has been 10 or 11 years since I've seen any of my Swedish relatives.

Glitch with the tickets - Help D Viking!

I put in all the info, just to make sure everything would go smoothly tomorrow. I paid extra to assure seat, got seat selected, saw they took Mastercard, but the glitch is collecting the tickets!

I can't use mobile phone because it is only ok for Europeans. So I chose the 30SEK charge for mailing it. It doesn't mail to USA.

Only other choice is to pick it up at some stores, none of which I recognize as being in the USA.

Would I need to seek the store out the morning of the 10th? or might the ticket be held at the station?

Maybe should just take my chances of getting to Falkenberg on the 10th?

Still, since this is a reunion, I'd like to have some reservations and I would like that 10:30 train. What do you suggest?

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

I hope that I am doing this right ! This is pretty new to me so I apologise if I screw it up.

We are a group of 5 Canadian Seniors who are leaving on a Princess Cruise from Copenhagen on June 26th. We are checking into getting a flight on our own as the price the cruise line is quoting is ridiculous. We figured we could arrive a couple of days early and then go from the hotel to the cruise terminal. Could you give me some info. re: a reasonable hotel or what to expect to pay for a hotel as well as the availability of transportation from airport to hotel & then hotel to cruise terminal. We don't want to try public transport as we will have our luggage & of course being senior's we likely aren't in as good of shape as we would like to think. Please advise re: currency also in Denmark. Thanks in advance.

I hope that I am doing this right ! This is pretty new to me so I apologise if I screw it up.

We are a group of 5 Canadian Seniors who are leaving on a Princess Cruise from Copenhagen on June 26th. We are checking into getting a flight on our own as the price the cruise line is quoting is ridiculous. We figured we could arrive a couple of days early and then go from the hotel to the cruise terminal. Could you give me some info. re: a reasonable hotel or what to expect to pay for a hotel as well as the availability of transportation from airport to hotel & then hotel to cruise terminal. We don't want to try public transport as we will have our luggage & of course being senior's we likely aren't in as good of shape as we would like to think. Please advise re: currency also in Denmark. Thanks in advance.

We're flying from Toronto on May 10th for our May 24th cruise via Paris arriving in Copenhagen on the 22nd and staying at the Hotel Bethel. We did book the transfer from the ship to the airport on our return as it's $34U.S.pp and it saves us the hassles of arranging our own. You should book your hotel soon as they get booked up fast. We plan to take the local subway/train and have a short walk to the hotel from the airport on arrival. My brother who is with us paid $2,700 for the two of them to fly into Paris and out of Copenhagen.

Hope this helps,

Som

Hi, many of us on the May 24th cruise are staying at the Best Western City Hotel. However, it seems their prices are definitely higher in June ($183 per night, includes breakfast). Meals are quite expensive in Copenhagen, so having breakfast included in the price, may be of benefit to you. We don't plan on taking taxis, so not sure how much they cost.

The currency is the Danish Krone ( 1 Krone is equiv. to 18 cents Cdn).

Trust this helps and enjoy your cruise!

@sansterre: You are a bit stuck on this one. Problem is, that when you buy tickets on the SJ homepage, you buy those tickets through Swedish Railways. These tickets cannot be picked up in Denmark, except at Copenhagen Aiport, where SJ has a ticket machine, which even might not work with American credit cards (and maybe at Copenhagen Central Station, but I am not sure). Mobile phone ticket and mailing tickets to the US is also not an option, as you stated. And all the other SJ tickets outlets are shops located in Sweden.

However, a similar ticket from Østerport to Falkenberg can also be purchased at DSB Rejsebureau (Danish State Railway Travel Agency), but the price will probably not be the same, it's probably a bit more expensive. But Danish State Railways do not have online ticket sales for international tickets, so you will have to call them and book the tickets over the phone and ask about your possibilities of getting hold of them. I know, that it is possible to pick up tickets bought over the phone this way at Copenhagen Central Station, but I don't know for how long they will hold them there. Maybe only a week after booking has been done, in which case it doesn't work either! Maybe they will send them to the US for a fee. DSB Rejsebureau's phone number is +45 70 13 14 18, open Mo-Fri 8 hrs to 18 hrs, Sat 9hrs -15 hrs, local time, Su closed. I believe that this is your only possibility. Try to see, if they will send the tickets, alot less stressful than having to pick them up at an intermediate railway station on arrival. Good luck, and please let us know the outcome.

@sansterre: You are a bit stuck on this one. Problem is, that when you buy tickets on the SJ homepage, you buy those tickets through Swedish Railways. These tickets cannot be picked up in Denmark, except at Copenhagen Aiport, where SJ has a ticket machine, which even might not work with American credit cards (and maybe at Copenhagen Central Station, but I am not sure). Mobile phone ticket and mailing tickets to the US is also not an option, as you stated. And all the other SJ tickets outlets are shops located in Sweden.

However, a similar ticket from Østerport to Falkenberg can also be purchased at DSB Rejsebureau (Danish State Railway Travel Agency), but the price will probably not be the same, it's probably a bit more expensive. But Danish State Railways do not have online ticket sales for international tickets, so you will have to call them and book the tickets over the phone and ask about your possibilities of getting hold of them. I know, that it is possible to pick up tickets bought over the phone this way at Copenhagen Central Station, but I don't know for how long they will hold them there. Maybe only a week after booking has been done, in which case it doesn't work either! Maybe they will send them to the US for a fee. DSB Rejsebureau's phone number is +45 70 13 14 18, open Mo-Fri 8 hrs to 18 hrs, Sat 9hrs -15 hrs, local time, Su closed. I believe that this is your only possibility. Try to see, if they will send the tickets, alot less stressful than having to pick them up at an intermediate railway station on arrival. Good luck, and please let us know the outcome.

Tak Chrismo!

I will try that number on Monday unless Danish Viking comes up with some other alternative today (Sunday).

I don't mind paying extra just to have the tickets and piece of mind. I was going to even pay for refundable - just in case the ship is delayed until I noted that it is only refundable if you get to the station BEFORE the departure time. So that option really does me no good at all:confused:

Do you think I should pay for a guaranteed seat? I don't want to risk standing for nearly 3 hours. Are the trains seats usually full? (We were going to pay the higher, first class rate.)

@ sansterre

chrismo1 told it better than me.

But try this email if you not comfortable to speak on the phone.

kundehenv@dsb.dk

To answer the other question, all Øresundstog/Öresundtog departs from either Østerport or Helsingør further north of Copenhagen, so yes all trains stops in Østerport.

I´m guessing that mailing the ticket to Denmark is not a problem and if that is the case i would have no problems with sending them to your adress if the ticket was send to me.

@ keeshapd

A taxi from the airport and to downtown is around 250-300 DKK and from downtown to the freeport terminal (cruise terminal) is around 150 DKK.

Archived