I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

We are on the emerald princess baltic cruise 4th 15th June & supposed to dock at Copenhagen at 5am. We have a fight to New York at 10am, I know it is cutting it close but my husband had to get back for a meeting that evening in NYC at 5pm. What is the quickiest way of getting from the Freeport pier to the airport?

Thanks

sally

Thanks, you suggested a Taxi, approximately how much will it cost? A cheaper alternative....can we possibly take a cab to the nearest train station & take the train to the airport. Our flight is at 9AM.

You mention cab-ride of 25 mins. However I read it can be upto an hr. & they'd suggested public transportation is the best way to go. What is the fastest & maybe cheapest way to get from Freeport pier to Airport at 6AM. If others have had any similair experience please weigh-in.

Hi (again!)

DH would like to know what is going on with the border checks. He read an article that Denmark is adding security etc.

We will be traveling by train to Sweden and back. Would this pose any additional difficulties for us? Wondering if they would have someone on the train checking passports, or if there is another procedure to go through (e.g. as in airport security). DH thinks the article mentions immmigration problems and doesn't recall that security is an issue at this time.

We certainly do plan to travel with our passports, but worrying more now about the time element.

If you use Bus number 26 that goes at 06:10 from just outside the gate to the freeport terminal you can get off at Østerport station and take the Øresund train at 06:24 to the airport.

You will be there at 06:45.

Danish Viking... you are the best. Thanks a million for the info. How often does the bus no 26 run just in case we get late in disembarking?

And if you ever come to Upstate NY I hope we can be of some assistance to you or even traveling to India, get in touch:)

Sally

Hi everyone.

We're flying into Copenhagen in August, staying overnight and off on a cruise the next day.

Is there a supermarket near the port where we can buy wine and port for the cruise, preferably large enough to have their own website so I can check out their merchandise?

Cheers!

Martin

thank you so much! Plans have changed and now staying at the Clarion Collection Twenty seven, downtown. It appears that a taxi is the best way to get to the cruiseport from there since a private transfer is $171. Do you have any idea as to how much a taxi would cost? Also, it appears that the 1 Day Sweden tour does not run on any day but Saturday at 9:45am, and since the ship will be returning on Saturday, that is cutting too close to get to the hotel and then to the tour. Was thinking of just taking the ferry on our own and then doing a tour once there, but there does not appear to be any ferries running then. Is this due to weather? Would a train trip to Sweden be the only way to go? Also, since the train appears to be the quickest way to get from the airport to downtown, and there is a language barrier, how easy is it to get on the right train and get off at the right stop? Sorry for these questions, but getting lost doesn't fit with the itinerary to start with..lol

Thank you so much for your help!!

@ calicruising

Here is the route.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aQMRc

Hi (again!)

DH would like to know what is going on with the border checks. He read an article that Denmark is adding security etc.

We will be traveling by train to Sweden and back. Would this pose any additional difficulties for us? Wondering if they would have someone on the train checking passports, or if there is another procedure to go through (e.g. as in airport security). DH thinks the article mentions immmigration problems and doesn't recall that security is an issue at this time.

We certainly do plan to travel with our passports, but worrying more now about the time element.

Absolutely no problems. There will be some additional customs checks inside the train while it is in motion, where selected passengers will be asked to show ID, that's it. The media is sometimes blowing things a bit out of proportion!

@ skisteamboat

Then a single return ticket (164 DKK) is the best option.

If you had 5 return trips you could do it cheaper.

@ sallydh

The next one will be at 06:38, they will only go more often after 07:00

@ Owlhelm

There is a Aldi discount store next to Nordhavn station.

@ calicruising

A taxi to the Freeport terminal would be around 100-150 DKK.

There will be a ferry this summer but it will go to Landskrona and not Malmö, but there are quick and frequent trains between these cities.

But a train from København H (central station) to Malmö C (also central station) would be the quickest option.

Your hotel is located in walking distance from the central station.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aQKli

A return ticket cost 164 DKK but a Øresund familie ticket that includes 2 adults and 3 childrens only cost 256 DKK.

Yes a very important note, the 7-Eleven kiosk is located in the other end of the station when you are coming from the cruise pier.

The 24 hour card and the 24 and/or 72 hour city pass can only be purchased at the 7-Eleven.

Just clearing up my mind.....

You are speaking about the Nordhavn Train Station?? Where is the bus stop for this area? Is there an ATM at the train station?

This is a last minute cruise for us so I'm scrambling to put together all the information. This thread is great, but becomes extremely bogged down when sorting through the 2 different terminals etc.

FYI, we'll be on the Constellation docking C245 Frihavnen and are planning on taking bus 26 to/from city.

Here is a map with a walking route from the pier to Nordhavn and further on to the ATM at Danske Bank.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aqInx

As you can see on this map the busstop is located on the other side of the tracks and there are no elevators and you will have both go under a tunnel and then over a bridge.

The tracks are elevated so the tunnel is without stairs so its "only" the 2 flighs of stairs at the bridge that you have to climb.

Also worth noticing is that there is some road construction so the bus stops for route 26 are relocated 50-100 meters.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Nordhavn.pdf

But remember that the bus only reach Nordhavn and the freeport terminal on monday to fridays.

Danish Viking or others with knowledge. We are going back and forth as to the best area to stay in. Rather we stay in city center near main train station or by Nyhaven area? We plan two days only prior to our cruise. We will stroll, shop, go to Tivoli at night, Royal Palace. Not ones for many museums this trip, just enjoying the city. Help please.

I w0ould love some advice on two things.

We are staying at the Crown Plaza hotel, any advice on how to get from the hotel to the port from for an RCL sailing?

Also we are getting in early the day before, and OH wants to get to the Museum, any advice on how to get there and back would be appricated.

Just booked the Jewel of the Seas for a Baltic cruise in July. 1st stop Copenhagen. Is there a HOHO bus? Do you know the cost & will they take a credit card? Thanks for any info.

Joyce

Any other suggestions for just one day there?

What a great thread! Thank you so much for doing this!

Could you tell me the best way to get 6 people and approximately 10 bags from the airport (CPH) to the Radisson Blu Royal at Hammerichsgade 1? The bags alone hurts us for taxis, unless we take 3 I think. I tried finding a website for transfers but have been unable to do so.

help!!! :D

(thank you)

I apologize if this has been asked before, but wading through 142 pages seems daunting :(

How/where do you purchase tickets for bus 26? I will be arriving at the Langelinie pier on Thursday, August 4 at 7am.

Thank a bunch for your help!

Hi and thank you for all the wonderful information about Copenhagen.

On the roll call board for our Princess Cruise, someone said that the Emerald Princess will be at the Sundkaj Pier.

Are you familiar with this dock? Would we be able to take the train from our hotel?

We are staying at the Clarion Mayfair right by the train station.

Joy

@ Mydnite

I need some more info in order to help you, The date of departure and name of the ship and also with one of the many many museums that you want to visit.

@ KerbyTex

Bus 1A goes every 10th minute in the evening and the last bus departs at 00:32 from the stop at the central station.

@ Mrs Cheech

There are atleast 3 companies

http://www.copenhagentours.net/?event=offer.detail&offerId=2134

http://sightseeing.dk/

http://www.discovercopenhagen.com/

Another good option is the canal tour or a visit to Amalienborg and/or Rosenborg castle.

Archived