I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ Gabelle

The Mayfair is located almost at the central station so you just have to take the Øresund train directly to the central station, no need for taxi's and the Metro does not reach this area of Copenhagen until the city circle ring is finished in 6-7 years time.

Dear Danish Viking,

We arrive in Copenhagen on July 7, and spend 3 days in Copenhagen before taking the NCL Baltics cruise on July 10th. We are staying at Radisson Blufalconer. I can use some advice on what transport tickets to buy. My choices seem to be CPH Card, Freedom Ticket for 2 days, City Pass for 2 or 3 days.

We want to hit some highlight places in Copenhagen, and use public transport as much as possible including Airport to Hotel and Hotel to Ship Terminal.

I was thinking about City pass for 1st day (70DKK), and use it to get to Hotel and for the day. Is Radisson within 1-4 zones? For the following 2 days, I was thinking about either DFDS Freedom ticket (220 DKK). Alternatively, I could get 3 day Copehagen Card. I do realize that CPH card gives us free admission to some attractions that we'd be interested, including canal tours.

What's your suggestion? Can we buy any of these tickets at the Airport?

Thank you very much!

It seems like the Copenhagen card is a good value.

Where is the closest place to the Langelinie pier to get them, or are they best to be ordered ahead of time.

Also is a bus map/ schedule available to best plan a route to see the sights like,

National Museum, Rosenbourg Slot, Christiansbourg Slot, Tivoli, Marble Church & Vor Frelsers Kirke?

We will be in port on a Friday.

Thank you

Linda

I am sure that someone asked this question earlier and can lead me to some answers. Will be be in the city for only one day on a cruise. We are 4 seniors but active. What is the best way to see the city in this time frame?

Thank you for the information. I dowloaded the tour. What is the best way to get from the ship to the beginning of the tour? Can we take a ferry back to the ship? Should this be done in lieu of the canal cruise or addition to it?

Thanks again

@ RamRam

Both the city pass and Copenhagen Card can be purchased at the train ticket counter at the airport and yes Frederiksberg is located in Zone 1 to 4.

btw Falconer is located alomost at Frederiksberg Metro station so you can take a direct metro train to your hotel.

I would go with the CPH Card.

@ Mickey22

C190 is Langelinie so you are at the pier to start with.

The freeport is numbered between C244 and C254 (something like that)

@ kmclmc

The nearest point of sale is at Østerport station aprox 1 km away.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aP9gD

We are sailing on Princess Emerald. It list Frihavnen 245/Flex terminal for port. Is that Langelinie Harbor? We are staying at the Hilton airport, is Malmo worth a visit? I have been to Copenhagen before, so thinking of day trips. Cruise stops in Stockholm, any chance you have been to the Ice Bar? Any idea what taxi would cost from airport to pier? Thanks for all you help!

You are docked at the freeport terminal, look at the link i posted in my latest post.

I have visited Malmö some time now after the bridge opened around 10 years ago and i have alway had a wonderful time in so yes Malmö is super for a daytrip.

A taxi from the airport to the pier should be around 300-350 DKK but you can do it cheaper if you take the train or metro to Nørreport station and take a taxi from there.

Thank you for the info. Will the taxi still take a credit card (without a chip)? What would you recommend to see in Malmo? I am also thinking Hillerod for Frederiksborg Slot, and Helsinger for Kronborg Slot. Can both be done in less than a day? Or would you recommend something closer. Any combo train/sightsee ticket? Thanks!

Thanks for al the good advice. We just arrived home and had no problem secring a taxi from Langeline pier. The cost was $50 US dollars total and we left a tip. We shared a cab wth another couple in a station wagon that was already waiting. Yu can also charge the taxi.

Loved the advice for the canal tour. We used Netto and you can pay in euro but any change is in krona. Used up ou krona at a bar and then got some more beer on our credit card so we didn't have to exchange money for krona. Thanks for al the input.

@ vival

If i was you i would buy the 24 hour transportation card (not the citypass) that will cover your transportation from the airport to downtown Copenhagen and also to and from Roskilde.

hi Danish Viking you gave me this info in April. Where can I find information about the transportation card? Thank you- I have googled it without success.

Hi Danish Viking

We were thinking of taking the train from the airport to Cental Station as we are staying at the Clarion Mayfair Hotel for 1 night before a cruise, and were wondering how easy it would be with luggage!

We are 4 adults travelling with 1 large heavy suitcase each and a carry on size bag all with wheels.

Is it possible to wheel the cases directly onto the train from the platform or do we have to lift them up steps to get on the train?

Also once on the train is there space to store or stand with your luggage?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Dear Danish Viking can you advise approximate cost for four people to get from the Airport to the Raddison Blu. We would be coming in on Sunday July 17th. Also what would it cost to get from the hotel to the pier. We will be on the Emerald Princess on July 18th.

Thanks for any information you can give.

LadyoftheCanyon

@ vival

There is not many info to be found in english and even the info in danish is very sparse

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/Priser/hovedstadsomraadet/saerligekort/24timer/Pages/24timer.aspx

The 24 hour ticket can be purchased at all stations and at Movia ticket sales.

@ Zoordfc

If you head for the middle carriage in each trainset (there are 3 carriage in each trainset) you will find a low floor carriage but if you go the other carriages you will find luggage racks over the seats but you can not find them in the low floor carriage.

But the trip only takes 13 minutes so i think its okay sit in the flip up seats next to your luggage for that short time.

@ ladyofthecanyon

Is it Radisson Blu Falconer, Royal or Scandinavia.

@ vival

There is not many info to be found in english and even the info in danish is very sparse

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/Priser/hovedstadsomraadet/saerligekort/24timer/Pages/24timer.aspx

The 24 hour ticket can be purchased at all stations and at Movia ticket sales.

@ Zoordfc

If you head for the middle carriage in each trainset (there are 3 carriage in each trainset) you will find a low floor carriage but if you go the other carriages you will find luggage racks over the seats but you can not find them in the low floor carriage.

But the trip only takes 13 minutes so i think its okay sit in the flip up seats next to your luggage for that short time.

@ ladyofthecanyon

Is it Radisson Blu Falconer, Royal or Scandinavia.

The hotel that we will stay at is the Radisson Blu Royal near Tivoli Gardens. I should have mentioned that to start with. I'm very sorry.

We are arriving in Copenhagen on August 4 for 2 nights at the

clarion hotel neptune.

what bus/train can we get that is nearest to our hotel.

I note that it is fashion week in Copenhagen that week.

Are there any events open to the public?

Any other events like opera or classical music on Aug 4/5

Thank you in advance

Margaret

We will be staying at Wakeup Copenhagen. We plan on buying the Copenhagen Card. will probably get it on line so we know we have them.When I take the train to the central station how will I know which way to walk to the Hotel. will I be able to use the train to ge from the Hotel to the Seaport. We will be there the end of August. Have a Monday and tuesday free. I know most things are closed on Monday. Plan to do tivoli gardens that day. what would you advise for the second day. We will be flying in on Monday so probably to tired to do anything and The ship leaves on Wednesday. Maybe we can do something in the morning before or after we get on the ship. Sorry for such a long page, but I really do not know what to do. We are seniors. I use a walker but can walk without it. As long as I have my walker I can walk pretty far.;)

@ ladyofthecanyon

A taxi from the airport to the hotel would be around 250 DKK but the central station is next door if you want to do it a little bit cheaper.

To the pier from the hotel it cost around 200 DKK but all northbound S-trains stops at Nordhavn located close to the pier.

@ burlington

Take metro line M2 from the airport to Kongens Nytorv and walk from there

http://map.krak.dk/m/aPKPB

For the fashion week use this link.

http://www.copenhagenfashionweek.com/17739/Shows

No concerts or shows or operas are scheduled on these 3 days except a swedish singer/songwriter at Idealbar on Vesterbro.

@ nannylynn

Bus 11A (the small electrical bus) will get you from the central station to Tivoli hotel just next door, just take the bus towards Tivoli Hotel.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Hovedbanen.pdf

On the monday Tivoli and the canal tour and some shopping would be a good idea or maybe the Zoo???

Tuesday and part of wednesday can be used to see the national museum, Amalienborg, Christiansborg, Resistance museum, the round tower and the glyptotek.

Statens museum for kunst (museum for contempoary art) and nearby botanical Garden and Rosenborg Castle with the crown jewels could be a good option.

But im not a tourist myself so i don´t know whats in or not but these are some good possibilities.

Does the #26 bus come close enough to the Fairhaven dock to take passengers to Central Copenhagen? I have a map and it looks like the bus goes to the end of the peninsula; however, have read on CC that the Langelinie Dock is as far as the bus goes and if you are docked at Fairhaven, (an overnight for our cruise) your options are to pay the ship shuttle price of $12 pp rt, get a taxi or walk two miles. Would appreciate someone clearing this up, so we can be prepared. Thanks for the help. Also, what is the difference in price in the 24 hr transportation card and the Copenhagen Card for one day, which I understands provides admission to most of the major attractions? I can't find this info, or it isn't clear. Thanks a lot!!

Archived