I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Thank you so much Danish Viking!! Your help is invaluable :):)

2 more questions:

First, I finally was able to open the link for the ports...it says our ship (NCL Sun 8/11) is in Quay c245.....where is that??

Second, our first day I think we will do the below "itinerary" that I saw you post before, then take a short rest/nap before hitting Tivoli in the evening. Any suggestions for the morning before we board?

First i would start with the little mermaid statue at the end of Langelinie pier.

Then walk through Kastellet fortress

Then through the park Østre Anlæg

Maybe a look at the botanical garden

Then Rosenborg Castle with the crown jewels

Then the Marple Church

Then Amalienborg Palace the the Queens live

Next up is Nyhavn with the canal boat tours. - May skip this for a nap as our hotel is here

Here is a link with the route

http://map.krak.dk/m/aehdE

It is a very good idea to take Tivoli in the evening

Thanks again for all of your assistance!!

C245 is the freeport terminal

The pier with a blue line on this map.

http://map.krak.dk/m/9JW0H

This itinerary starts at Langelinie pier because the user who posted the question had a ship docked at that location but you could take bus number 26 to Langelinie and start from there.

You can reach Bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv that is located close to your hotel.

On the day of the cruise you could walk along Strøget pedestrian street and visit the round tower that is located along the way.

Our ship is due into port at about 9AM our flight doesn't leave till 3:45PM what is are our option to spend about 3 hours before we need to go to the Airport. Keep in mind we will have our luggage with us. The ship offer a City tour with transfer to the Airport at $99 per person so $198 for two. Which is probably the easiest way to go but expensive. Looking to see what other option there would be.

Danish Viking our ship is the Holland Eurodam and we will be returning to Copenhagne on 7/3 around 9AM. As stated before our flight doesn't leave till 3:45PM. So we will have about 3 hrs to fill before we need to be at the Airport. I am not sure where we will be docked. I remember seeing a link that showed that information but I don't remember where it is. Any help finding a tour that would pick us up with our luggage show us the sites and take us to the Airport would be great.

@ IECalCruiser

Tipping is not expected anywere but i give some if i think the food is good it or if the taxi driver is nice etc.

@ charmary

According to the port authority Eurodam will be in port from 07:00 to 17:00 but on july 4 and not the 3rd and Holland America has the same info.

I hope that it is a typo from you and that its not disrupts your travel plan.

But to get back to your question then you can take bus number 26 from just outside the pier to the central station where you can store your luggage.

The bus departs at XX:17, XX:37 and XX:57 and the trip takes 25 minutes but you can safe some time by getting of at Østerport station and take any southbound train from there to the central station.

Route of the bus.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/kort/Pages/Kort.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002620000&line_name=26&linegid=9011200002600000

From the central station you are in walking distance from Strøget shopping street, the round tower, Town Hall and Tivoli (that opens around 11:00).

On your way to the airport you simply just take the airport train that will get you to the airport in around 15 minute.

Charmary, I'm on the same cruise obviously and as Danish Viking has said, we dock in Copenhagen on July 4th. I too hope that was just a typo and doesn't mess up your flight.

Danish Viking, I have seen this Bus number 26 being out there a lot. Are they equipted for us to travel WITH luggage to get to Central Station? Is this indeed the port that the Eurodam will be using for the June 24th cruise. Thank you for all that you do here.

Cathy

Yes please do that.

BTW i can see that i made some spelling errors but you seemed to understand my message :D

And good to see that i can help all of you with your questions.

Your English is far better than my Danish - all I can say is kroner, Tuborg and Carlsberg!:o

I'm considering a Rosetta Stone crash course in German and Danish. We're connecting in Munich and I really hate not having a clue what the signs in the airport say...

Hi Danish Viking,

Your info has been invaluable to many and I must admit I am overwhelmed with all the info I have been reading. So much to do and so little time. We are coming on our first trip to Europe (in fact first real trip to anywhere...celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary) which includes a cruise out of Copenhagen. There is myself, my husband and our 8 year old (yes my late in life child..long story). We are looking for a hotel. We have looked at many but are trying to keep cost in mind. The ones we have looked at are the 3 Best Westerns--Mercure, Hotel City and Hebron as well as the Radisson Falconer and then this morning I saw someone mention another that you said was in the same general realm but better location. I have no sense of direction and have yet to get my real bearings of your city from looking at maps (I think I need to be there). The Best Westerns all offer breakfast and the Radisson does not...does it really matter? We want convenient and clean for the 2 days we are there. My son is in a wheelchair due to heart issues so not sure if that will play into anything. We are walkers and he has mobility just can't go far due to his heart thus the need for the chair. We are very excited about coming to Copenhagen. Any thoughts on the above hotels would be great. We really like the Adina apartments which were our first choice however the best price we could get was well over 600 Canadian (which we thought seemed alot...or is it truly worth it? --other hotels above run around 4-5 hundred ish for 2 nights). I look forward to hearing from you and will probably have more questions as we get closer. Thanks so much.

Hotel City = good location in the Kongens Nytorv/Nyhavn area.

Hotel Mercure = Okay location next to Vesterport S-train station, walking distance (5-10 minutes) to Tivoli, Town Hall Square and Strøget pedestrian street.

Noise from the trains could be an issue.

Hotel Hebron = Okay located next to Tivoli and the Central Station, located next to a former red light district but apart from a few shops with funny movies there are not much left to see but the area is a little bit rough compared to the others.

Falconer = is located out in the posh district of Frederiksberg a few miles west of downtown Copenhagen but the metro next door goes directly to Nørreport and Kongens Nytorv in the downtown area.

my husband uses a motorized scooter to get around.. and we will only have a day and ahalf to see the city.. we will be in Copenhagen in May.. do you think he will bne able to get aorund the Nyhaven area by scooter .. or would it be better to stay nearer Tivoli gardens.. I want to be near a lot of thing that he can see on is scooter.. we hope to take a canal tour.. ( he can walk short distances sothe closer we are to places we can visit the more we can see in the short time we have.. thanks for all the help you give everyone!

Hi Danish Viking, here is an other question that is probably being asked a few times but I could not see myself checking 3300+ posts to find the answer (yes I tried the search option).

OK here it goes;

Arriving early morning at the airport we figure we have lots of time to take the train/metro/bus option to get to the cruiseship that will be docked at Orientkaj. Is there some info available which walking route to take from the train station to the ship? Our ship leaves on a Sunday (June 3, 2012).

And while I'm at it, do you know what the taxi cost is from airport to terminal (just in case it rains).

Thanks,

Theo

Hi Danish Viking:

Question please. If you had to choose hotels, which would you prefer....

Marriott Hotel

Crowne Plaza

These hotels are being offered by NCL for a pre-cruise stay. Since we are flying into Copenhagen from the U.S. I don't want to take a chance in missing the ship so we want to fly in the day before to be safe. How far are they from the cruiseport?

Thanks for any information you can give.

@ Renmar

The walking route from Nordhavn to the cruise terminal looks like this

http://map.krak.dk/m/9CmI7

If you go to "Satelite" view (luftfoto in danish) you can see the blue line inside the port area that you should follow.

A taxi from the airport cost´s around 300 to 350 DKK depending on the route.

@ CrusinCyndi

Crowne Plaza is the better one of these two hotels but are located in the Ørestad business district halfway between the airport and Marriott is located on the harbour behind Tivoli and the central station.

Crowne Plaza is located 14,2 km´s (9,6 km´s as the crow flies) from the cruise port and Marriott is located 6,2 km´s (4,8 km´s) away.

Archived