I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ dakacz

The freedom ticket cost 110 DKK and covers both the HO/HO busses and canal tours in 48 hours.

http://www.canaltours.com/pricelist/prices/

Danish viking, the price you stated is for children only. Below is what is from their website:

The Freedom Ticket is valid for two days (48 hours) and gives you the best possible opportunity to explore the city at your own speed.

Adults DKK 220,-

Children (3-11 years) DKK 110,-

If any of you are planning on visiting Tivoli on a friday night here are the dates to avoid (or go to for that matter) because here are the bands/artist performing at this years Fredagsrock concerts.

Programme 2012

April

13 The Storm 20 Fredagsrock Festival 27 Turboweekend

May

04 Alphabeat 11 Medina 18 Joey Moe 25 Magtens Korridorer

June

01 D-A-D 08 The Cardigans 15 Kashmir 22 Wolfmother 29 Kim Larsen & Kjukken

July

06 Kind of Blue 13 Rasmus Walter + A Friend In London 20 Oh Land 27 Wafande + Kaka

August

03 Timbuktu 10 Tim Christensen and The Damn Crystals 17 Aura Dione 24 I Got You On Tape + WhoMadeWho 31 Kato

September

07 Mike Sheridan 14 Spleen United 21 Malk de Koijn

Fredagsrock Festival is a colab. with Tivoli and Roskilde Festival to showcase new talents on 4 stages located around the park, normally it just on one stage.

Kind Of Blue is a concert with Miles Davis album of the same name performed by some (in Denmark) famous jazz artist.

If any of you are planning on visiting Tivoli on a friday night here are the dates to avoid (or go to for that matter) because here are the bands/artist performing at this years Fredagsrock concerts.

Programme 2012

April

13 The Storm 20 Fredagsrock Festival 27 Turboweekend

May

04 Alphabeat 11 Medina 18 Joey Moe 25 Magtens Korridorer

June

01 D-A-D 08 The Cardigans 15 Kashmir 22 Wolfmother 29 Kim Larsen & Kjukken

July

06 Kind of Blue 13 Rasmus Walter + A Friend In London 20 Oh Land 27 Wafande + Kaka

August

03 Timbuktu 10 Tim Christensen and The Damn Crystals 17 Aura Dione 24 I Got You On Tape + WhoMadeWho 31 Kato

September

07 Mike Sheridan 14 Spleen United 21 Malk de Koijn

Fredagsrock Festival is a colab. with Tivoli and Roskilde Festival to showcase new talents on 4 stages located around the park, normally it just on one stage.

Kind Of Blue is a concert with Miles Davis album of the same name performed by some (in Denmark) famous jazz artist.

Thanks, We will actually be in Copenhagen overnight on July 6th post-cruise and do enjoy jazz, so this may be a bonus for us....do the bands start at a given time, and is there an extra admittance charge on top of what is regularly changed because of these bands?

Also thanks for the other advice, really appreciate your answers to many posts!:)

Margo

If you arrive before 20:00 the ticket cost 95 DKK and after 20:00 you will have to pay 135 DKK.

But if you have the Copenhagen card its free.

If you arrive before 19:00 then you can buy beer for only 10 DKK between 19:00 and 20:00 and they normally cost around 30-40 DKK so well worth it but its only at the beer stand around the Plænen stage.

The concerts starts at 22:00 and the musicians are among others Jesse Davis, Flavio Boltro and Niels Lan Doky

Danish Viking,

Thanks so much for the valuable information you provide.

This is my question for you:

What is considered to be the “center of Copenhagen”?

I was looking on the trip advisor website for things to do in Copenhagen and they give the distance from the city center. For example: Nyhavn 1 mile from the city center; Tivoli 1.8 miles from the city center; Rosenborg Castle 0.5 mile from the city center.

So where is the city center?

Thanks in advance for your help.

That is strange, The city center is called Indre By and all the things you listed are in that area but i´m guessing that that point they measure from is Højbro plads.

I would think that the center is Amagertorv-Højbro Plads, although historically, the oldest city square was Gammeltorv.

First a thank you for your great information.

We will be arriving in Copenhagen in the late afternoon on June 20th. We will be staying at the Clarion Hotel Neptun.

We will be taking the train into town from the airport. Are the trains a level entrance or are there stairs?

Do we get off the train at Kong Nytov? If not where? Can we get a taxi from here to the hotel? I know it is not far, but my DH has limited mobility and will probably not be up to the walk?

Where can I find information about Summer Soltice celebrations?

We are will be buying a Copenhagen card for 3 days, and will be going to Rosilk to see the Viking ships. How do we get there? Also is the a bus that would give us a good overview of the city centre area?

Thank you in advance.

Will be in Copenhagen early May 12 leaving May 15, and staying at the Marriott close to Tivoli. Wondering if there are any ferrys and HOHO buses going to Amsterdam. Have been to Copenhagen before and thoroughly enjoyed the City, but would like to see Amsterdam.

Would appreciate anu suggestions or recommendations.

Mike

We went to Roskilde last year to see the Viking/Nordic ships. We arrived before 10 am which wasn't necessary ... since there wasn't much going on before 11 or so. If you get a chance to take a guided tour of the Ship Hall, I highly recommend that as well. We also added on the harbor sail on the Nordic ship --- which is a hands-on experience. I coerced my husband into doing this, and he really enjoyed it (except for the rowing).

To get from the airport to the Neptune, I believe that you take the Metro to Kongens Nytorv -- rather than a train. I remember escalators and elevators out of the Metro.

To get to the Viking Museum in Roskilde, you'll need to take a intercity/regional train to Roskilde. You'll be able to take the Metro to Norreport Station or a bus to the Central Station.

Once you get to Roskilde, you catch the bus to the museum.

Here is a link to the trip planner to help you: http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en?ml=m&OK#focus

We were in Copenhagen for 5 days before our cruise last July. After developing our pre-cruise plans, we found that the Copenhagen Card was not a good deal for us. Instead, we relied on a combo of 24-hour cards and klipkort cards. I found that the clerks at 7-11 were invaluable in helping me make the lowest-cost choice. And EVERYONE was friendly and helpful with getting on and off the bus at the right place.

I have been unsuccessful in locating a company that can/will transport, at a reasonable price, from the cruise terminal to the Kastrup Hilton. Do you have any suggestions? If I can get a decent quote for a group rate, I might be able to get more people to join us. I am also looking at a taxi for up to 4 people--what should this cost?

Thank you for your help.

Will be in Copenhagen early May 12 leaving May 15, and staying at the Marriott close to Tivoli. Wondering if there are any ferrys and HOHO buses going to Amsterdam. Have been to Copenhagen before and thoroughly enjoyed the City, but would like to see Amsterdam.

Would appreciate anu suggestions or recommendations.

Mike

Amsterdam, the Netherlands, is about an 11 hr train ride from Copenhagen.

@ jlrob

You are correct about Kongens Nytorv but you need to take the Metro and not the regular train.

The Metro is in level with the platforms and there are elevators to street level.

But i won´t think that a taxi driver is entirely happy about taking a trip to the other site of the square but if you take the regular train to the central station instead then a taxi driver will not have a problem taking you.

Both Nyhavn and Tivoli will celebrate Sankt Hans the 23th of june with bonfires at 21:30 and music all evening.

Its easy to go to Roskilde from your hotel, just catch bus 1A, 15 and 26 from the bus stop called Odd Fellow Palæet on Bredgade a few 100 meters from your hotel.

The busses are either going to Hellerup, Ryparken (Østerbro) or Færgehavn Nord/Langeliniekaj and you should get off at Østerport where trains to Roskilde departs from.

Trains for Ringsted, Holbæk, Kalundborg, and Esbjerg will stop at Roskilde station.

The trains departs at XX:04, XX:07, XX:18, XX:27, XX:44 and XX:57, there are other departures but they involves a change of trains.

@ traveld

Transportation to and from the airport with a taxi should not be a problem and prices will range from 250 to 350 DKK depending on cruise terminals.

A hired car is often more expensive but of course you are sure about getting a car.

@ traveld

Transportation to and from the airport with a taxi should not be a problem and prices will range from 250 to 350 DKK depending on cruise terminals.

A hired car is often more expensive but of course you are sure about getting a car.

Thank you

I was interested in your route map from The Little Mermaid to Nyhavn and wondered if this was wheelchair friendly. Also, is it possible to do the canal trip in a wheelchair? Is it easier to re-trace our steps to get back to the dock near the Little Mermaid or is there an easier route, bearing in mind my husband will be pushing me. How far is the round trip? Sorry for so many questions.

@ jlrob

You are correct about Kongens Nytorv but you need to take the Metro and not the regular train.

The Metro is in level with the platforms and there are elevators to street level.

But i won´t think that a taxi driver is entirely happy about taking a trip to the other site of the square but if you take the regular train to the central station instead then a taxi driver will not have a problem taking you.

Both Nyhavn and Tivoli will celebrate Sankt Hans the 23th of june with bonfires at 21:30 and music all evening.

Its easy to go to Roskilde from your hotel, just catch bus 1A, 15 and 26 from the bus stop called Odd Fellow Palæet on Bredgade a few 100 meters from your hotel.

The busses are either going to Hellerup, Ryparken (Østerbro) or Færgehavn Nord/Langeliniekaj and you should get off at Østerport where trains to Roskilde departs from.

Trains for Ringsted, Holbæk, Kalundborg, and Esbjerg will stop at Roskilde station.

The trains departs at XX:04, XX:07, XX:18, XX:27, XX:44 and XX:57, there are other departures but they involves a change of trains.

Thanks. Just one more question, do you know where we could rent a mobility scooter for our time in Copenhagen?

Hi

Need some advice regarding best options for leaving the port very early on a Friday so that we can arrive at the CPH airport (very latest 0700hrs ) . What sort of time period should we allow ourselves and will there be taxis available around the port area at that time of the morning,

Thanks

Hudson Street

Thanks for your informative posts - they have really helped with ideas on how to do the most with our time in Copenhagen. Two questions -

What would be the minimum time we should budget for a trip to the Viking Museum in Roskilde?

We will be staying 1 night pre-cruise at the 71 Nyhavn. Options for the evening are Mike Sheridan concert in Tivoli or dinner, drinks, etc. in Nyhavn area. Any thoughts? Or other ideas? We have been to Tivoli on a prior trip

Thanks for your guidance.

Mary

Archived