I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Freeport terminal at Kronløbsbassinet, look a few pages back for description of the location.

Btw Emerald Princess will be in port at 21:00 the 23th so it won´t affect Fun33 as much as i wrote before.

Thanks Danish Viking

I can't seem to find the ealier post for a description of the location. Is there a website that shows which ports the ships are in?

Thanks Margaret and Danish Viking. Even using the links, I am still not seeing how the Emerald is at what port and what pier, however I will take your word for it. I just want to make sure we go to the correct port after arriving at the airport that afternoon.

Hi Betty.

Try this. Using the link I gave in the last post, you should be able to go to the top where it says 'overview', click on that and it will give you a list including quay number, click on that and the quays are shown. We are scheduled at c245 in Kronlobsbassinet.

For an idea of where Freeport is in relation to the rest of the city, try this link:

http://www.cmport.com/80256A3F004AD3CF/0/845D1E1F92F1A611C12573D20032F545?opendocument

Click on the map to get the pdf file. This shows the whole combined port of Copenhagen (Denmark) and Malmo (Sweden), Copenhagen on left and Malmo on right across the Oresund. If you magnify the pdf map, at the left side you will see Frihavnen (Freeport), including Kronlobsbassinet where our ship is scheduled to dock. Looking west you will notice Langelinie where other ships dock , and the star shape is Kastelett, the star-shaped fortress near the Little Mermaid. Continuing westward will bring you towards the centre of the city.

Hope this works!

Margaret

I have read all I can find on where the ships dock in Copenhagen and still don't know where the Eurodam will be docked on the 13th of May. Can someone help, please.

I used Danish Viking's website referral http://www.tv.cphport.dk/coins/KbhHavn.nsf/anloebCruisePrintAll?openAgent&Year=2009&lang=1, which seems to indicate that the Eurodam will be at quay c254 (Orientkaj?) on May 13. I don't read Danish, but I think that it is in Freeport. If anyone has better info, please feel free to post a correction. I will be boarding the ship on that date. HAL has been completely silent on the subject although I have asked repeatedly. Whether it is a security issue or something else I do not know. The answer may be part of the docs that they will send us.

I have read all I can find on where the ships dock in Copenhagen and still don't know where the Eurodam will be docked on the 13th of May. Can someone help, please.

Hi:

The Eurodam will be docking in the Freeport Terminal "Frihavnen".

Does anyone know where the Emerald Princess docks? We're the last cruise of the season and sail on 9/13.

Thanks,

Hi:

This may be very similar to what Steve posted...type in your dates and you'll get the Quay

info. I found this on Cruise Critic regarding the Quay numbers. Hope this helps.

Messagehttp://www.tv.cphport.dk/coins/KbhHavn.nsf/anloebCruiseAll?openAgent&lang=0

Quay numbers beginning with "1" represent Langelinie Pier. Quay numbers beginning with "2" represent Freeport Terminal.

Hi:

This may be very similar to what Steve posted...type in your dates and you'll get the Quay

info. I found this on Cruise Critic regarding the Quay numbers. Hope this helps.

Messagehttp://www.tv.cphport.dk/coins/KbhHavn.nsf/anloebCruiseAll?openAgent&lang=0

Quay numbers beginning with "1" represent Langelinie Pier. Quay numbers beginning with "2" represent Freeport Terminal.

Thanks for the info. We'll be berthing in Quay 245 in Freeport.

In an earlier post "Cruisin Europe" mentioned purchasing the HOHO/Canal tour. Is this the same as the Copenhagen Card? How many of the museums, palaces, etc. will be open for us to get our money out of buying the Copenhagen card since this is Constitution Day? If I converted correctly I think it costs about $40.00 per person.

hello

hope you can help me out

we will be in copenhagen for a couple of days pre-cruie and i have a few questions

i assume kroners are the currency of choice for cabs etc??

approx cab fare airport to radisson royal?

sights to see in 2days?

approx cab fare to port from hotel?

thanks a lot for any help you may be able to give

hello

hope you can help me out

we will be in copenhagen for a couple of days pre-cruie and i have a few questions

i assume kroners are the currency of choice for cabs etc??

approx cab fare airport to radisson royal?

sights to see in 2days?

approx cab fare to port from hotel?

thanks a lot for any help you may be able to give

yes, kronor is the currency here, but cabs will take USD and Euro and credit cards for the most part (BE SURE TO ASK BEFORE GETTING IN!!!)

I'd recommend that you call the Radisson to get the approx. cost of your cab rides - they may even have a service that will pick you up from the airport / get you to the pier.

WHAT types of things do you WANT to see?

This entire thread has some great things to see/do while in town - - but if you can be a bit more specific in your preferences, then we can surely try to help.

Enjoy your visit!

CrusinEurope, Thanks for the info on this site, all very interesting and helpful. We will be in Copenhagen at the end of June and are curious as to what we might expect weather wise, temperature, likelihood of rain etc.

Thumper

We wanted to use the Hopon-Hopoff while in Copenhagen. We will be docking at the Freeport pier and would like to have any suggestions on how to get to the Hopon-Hopoff and an ATM. If we would have gone to the other pier I understand everything is right there, but there is nothing at the freedom pier. Any suggestions, Larry

CrusinEurope, Thanks for the info on this site, all very interesting and helpful. We will be in Copenhagen at the end of June and are curious as to what we might expect weather wise, temperature, likelihood of rain etc.

Thumper

You're most welcome! It's all about paying it forward! :D

For the end of June ... well usually it's very nice. Temps around 70-80 or so. If it gets above 80 in Denmark it's a heat wave! LOL!

The sun is out roughly 19 hours at that point, so be sure to bring a sleep mask if the light disturbs you....

Likelihood of rain is decent - we have lots of "sun showers" here in the summer, but nothing that lasts more than an hour or so.

ENJOY your time in CPH!

We wanted to use the Hopon-Hopoff while in Copenhagen. We will be docking at the Freeport pier and would like to have any suggestions on how to get to the Hopon-Hopoff and an ATM. If we would have gone to the other pier I understand everything is right there, but there is nothing at the freedom pier. Any suggestions, Larry

If you can walk then I'd just suggest that you walk from the Freeport pier to the other pier - it's a nice walk and not that far at all.

Otherwise, you can take the bus or a cab.

We are flying in the day of our cruise and leaving for home the day the ship docks. That's our time frame and can't be changed. That doesn't leave much time to see anything in Copenhagen. There are three tours that are available to us. I'd appreciate any input from others.

1. There is an evening canal cruise.

Will there be anything to see late at night?

Is it worth $75 pp for custom air to take either of these tours?

2. Debark City Tour & Tivoli Gardens (5 hrs)

3. Debark City Tour & Dragoer Village (4 hrs)

We are flying in the day of our cruise and leaving for home the day the ship docks. That's our time frame and can't be changed. That doesn't leave much time to see anything in Copenhagen. There are three tours that are available to us. I'd appreciate any input from others.

1. There is an evening canal cruise.

Will there be anything to see late at night?

Is it worth $75 pp for custom air to take either of these tours?

2. Debark City Tour & Tivoli Gardens (5 hrs)

3. Debark City Tour & Dragoer Village (4 hrs)

So your choices are of the 3 things above?

WHEN are you arriving - what month? As "at night" really depends a LOT on what month you'll be here.

June - August, it's not DARK until well after 11pm, so you'll have no problem taking the canal cruise at night during those months.

If the canal tour doesn't grab you, then I'd do the Tivoli tour. A'm assuming that the $75 includes transfers, admission to the park, and then getting you back to the airport???

Price wise, you can do it cheaper on your own - but the benefits of having it pre-planned AND assuming that your luggage is also taken care of, then I would say the cost is reasonable.

I wouldn't say that Dragor would be a highlight to see.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply. The $75 pp was to change our flights. The cost of the Tivoli tour is an additional $100 pp. Our cruise begins July 5th so daylight should not be a problem.

I just spotted another excursion that might work. It's the Three Cities on a String tour from Helsingborg. It visits the Keep at Helsingborg, Sofiero, Lund Castle, Malmo, crosses the Oresund Bridge and ends in Copenhagen. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks for the reply. The $75 pp was to change our flights. The cost of the Tivoli tour is an additional $100 pp. Our cruise begins July 5th so daylight should not be a problem.

I just spotted another excursion that might work. It's the Three Cities on a String tour from Helsingborg. It visits the Keep at Helsingborg, Sofiero, Lund Castle, Malmo, crosses the Oresund Bridge and ends in Copenhagen. Any thoughts on that one?

How much time, exactly, do you have?

As most of these tours that you are talking about are very long - - the three cities tour is a full 12 hours if it's the one that I did last summer. Very enjoyable, but quite long.

Archived