I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Hi,

I will be in Copenhagen June11th-12th. The ship leaves the 12th. I cannot find a hotel in the entire city. There are absolutely no rooms available, we even checked with the cruise line. What is going on? What do you suggest.

Hi,

I will be in Copenhagen June11th-12th. The ship leaves the 12th. I cannot find a hotel in the entire city. There are absolutely no rooms available, we even checked with the cruise line. What is going on? What do you suggest.

Even like out by the airport?

If so, what about perhaps considering Malmö, Sweden, just on the other side of the Öresund bridge?

Hi,

There's huge medical convention going on in Copenhagen on those dates. They have reserved large blocks of rooms in virtually every hotel in the city. My understanding from reading their website is that the rooms are only being held until April 14th - so you might want to check after that.

There's huge medical convention going on in Copenhagen on those dates. They have reserved large blocks of rooms in virtually every hotel in the city. My understanding from reading their website is that the rooms are only being held until April 14th - so you might want to check after that.

We are also going out of CPH on the 12th (Eurodam) and have been trying to get acomodations for the 11th. Will wait for the 14th rather waisting any more time looking for a hotel. Thanks for the great info.

Joan

Friends have an early (7:45 AM) flight from CPH to LHR at the end of their cruise in July. Is there a taxi company that will book a transfer from the pier to the airport?

What time is the ship scheduled to arrive in port? Is there is enough time to disembark, gather luggage, meet the driver, and drive to the airport in time to check in for a 7:45 a.m. flight?

If the ship docks at 7 a.m. and the flight is at 7:45 a.m., this plan is not gonna work! Even if the ship is due in an hour earlier, it's a gamble and the odds are not favorable for making the connection.

My two cents--for all it's worth! :)

Friends have an early (7:45 AM) flight from CPH to LHR at the end of their cruise in July. Is there a taxi company that will book a transfer from the pier to the airport?

Wow! What time is debarkation? At best that is a >>>tight<<< connection! :eek:

We will need to take a taxi to meet our ship. In the event that the taxi driver doesn't speak English, we were wondering whether these translations are correct.

English: How much will it cost to go to the Holland America ship Eurodam at berth c254 at Freeport?

Danish: Hvor meget vil det koste at køre til Holland America skib Eurodam ved kaj c254 på Freeport?

English: Will you take us to the Holland America ship Eurodam at berth c254 at Freeport?

Danish: Vil du tage os til Holland America skib Eurodam ved kaj c254 på Freeport?

Thank you,

Steve and Avra

English: How much will it cost to go to the Holland America ship Eurodam at berth c254 at Freeport?

Danish: Hvor meget vil det koste at køre til Holland America skib Eurodam ved kaj c254 på Freeport?

English: Will you take us to the Holland America ship Eurodam at berth c254 at Freeport?

Danish: Vil du tage os til Holland America skib Eurodam ved kaj c254 på Freeport?

Well I can't tell you much about how those translate properly. But can tell you with certainty that "Freeport" in Danish is "Frihavnen". :)

We will be in Copenhagen for about 9 hours off the Jewel in August. It is a Sunday, will most of the venues be open on Sunday, including most of the Shops.

We were looking at maybe one of the 2 1/2 sight seeing tours,a nd then maybe a canal boat ride. I know it's not enough time to see everything, but would this be a good way to get a feel for Copenhagen??. I know people use the Copenhagern card, but we really don't like to rush around just to try and see everything, so we felt the card may not really be for us. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

We have been checking for hotels for the June 11th date as well. We have been checking 2 or 3 times a day since the 14th when you thought the hotels might have some rooms available, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

If we take the #26 bus from the pier do we need exact change...in Danish coins? If so, what's the fare amount. Does the bus have maybe an ATM/Credit Card swipe ability?

Leaving the port on the #26...what's the best stop to get off at the start the "Castle" walk...it think I read you can follow the Royal Guard from one castle to the other?

Thanks ahead for the help!

Archived