I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ salseros2003

A walk back will take around 45 minutes but you can take a train from Central Station (next to tivoli) to Østerport and then walk back to Langelinie from there.

You need coins for the bus but i think that you can get money at the information center at Langelinie.

I would say that your schedule will be very tight if you visits Christiania and you can risk to visit the place under a police razzia. (hash dealing)

@ needtogoout

The CPH Card will cover transportation to both castles

and also entrance to Frederiksborg Castle and a reduced fee to Kronborg (aka Hamlets castle)

The crown jewels are located at Rosenborg Castle in Downtown Copenhagen.

Here is a list of vegetarian restaurants.

http://www.aok.dk/custom_search/list/sections%3A2%3Bterms6%3A498

@ lov2ski

Just try Cabinn on www.cabinn.dk

But you are visiting Copenhagen on the same dates as Roskilde Festival (110.000 people) and i am guessing that most artists and media people will be sleeping in downtown copenhagen and not in a tent in Roskilde :) and that is maybe the reason for the high prices in that week.

Gosh what great information. We will be visiting Copenhagen next May - May 12-14 or 15 to be exact - at the end of a transatlantic cruise. There will be three couples and we would like to stay an extra two to three days after the cruise to enjoy this city. Although it is a year away, I have been getting prices on hotels but they are all frightfully expensive - almost as much as my cruise fare for 18 days. The Marriott is $451 a night, for example. We are looking for something that is maybe a 15 minute walk from downtown - that is in a quiet, safe neighborhood - is clean - has ensuite bathrooms - rooms that aren't the size of a shoebox but don't have to be large suites either - perhaps breakfast included but not necessary - at least a double, if not queen bed. Any suggestions??? I have been looking at hotels until I am blue in the face and everything is in the $400-$600 per night range, and I will not pay that much for a hotel room - sorry. We would really like something $250-$300. Is that a possibility and will it still be fairly convenient to downtown?

Thanks, Barb

Hi Barb,

You may want to check out The Square -- it's a 4-star and in walking distance of Tivoli and many other attractions. If you go on their website you may find what we did -- 20% discount for 3 nights for a "superior single" with queen bed for 2 people for about $128 per night! We can't wait to stay there after our cruise in early July '09. Gets great reviews as well. Good luck!

Gone Traveling

@ salseros2003

A walk back will take around 45 minutes but you can take a train from Central Station (next to tivoli) to Østerport and then walk back to Langelinie from there.

You need coins for the bus but i think that you can get money at the information center at Langelinie.

I would say that your schedule will be very tight if you visits Christiania and you can risk to visit the place under a police razzia. (hash dealing)

Thanks again for your support: based on our scheduling do you think useful (worth) to buy Copenhagen card?

We'll have: the canal tour, Round Tower and Tivoli (I don't think we'll visit Amalienborg Castle inside) and bus 26 to the pier.

Hello

This thread has a lot of good points on it, but I just want a simple answer, if possible, as to the best way to get to the FreePort dock for an Emerald Princess sailing in August, from the CPH airport. This would be just 2 of us

Thanks

Jay.

Hello

This thread has a lot of good points on it, but I just want a simple answer, if possible, as to the best way to get to the FreePort dock for an Emerald Princess sailing in August, from the CPH airport. This would be just 2 of us

Thanks

Jay.

Jay, take a taxi, it's about a 20 min. ride. It's the simplest, fastest, and cheapest method. Drivers speak excellent English, and accept credit cards.

Hi Barb,

You may want to check out The Square -- it's a 4-star and in walking distance of Tivoli and many other attractions. If you go on their website you may find what we did -- 20% discount for 3 nights for a "superior single" with queen bed for 2 people for about $128 per night! We can't wait to stay there after our cruise in early July '09. Gets great reviews as well. Good luck!

Gone Traveling

I just checked their site for early September and the same room was going for 1095 DKK which roughly $200.

We will be on the Jewel in July. It says that we can get the full day pass on DFDK ( I believe is the name of the canal tour), which includes the hop on hop off boat and then also the canal cruise. It says they are right at Langeline (spelling?) pier which is where I am assuming we will be docked. I haven't heard anyone else taking this when it seems so easy right from where we are docked?? We were thinking that after the canal cruise we would be on for the hop on hop off where we would get off at the Marriot and walk to Tivoli. My plan seemed simple but havent heard anyone else doing this so not sure if I have misunderstood? Any comments would be greatly appreciated..

We will be on the Jewel in July. It says that we can get the full day pass on DFDK

It's DFDS.

You understand that different lines go to Langelinie (green) and the Marriott (blue), right? So what you'd have to do is travel on either to Nyhavn and then transfer.

Edit: http://wikitravel.org/en/Image:Cph_habour_transportation.png

My husband and I will be in Copenhagen for 3 days prior to our cruise early in July. We are trying to figure out whether it will be worth it to buy a CPH card. Many of the sites we are interested in seeing are on the card, but I wanted to know whether the HOHO busses were included.

Thanks

My husband and I will be in Copenhagen for 3 days prior to our cruise early in July. We are trying to figure out whether it will be worth it to buy a CPH card. Many of the sites we are interested in seeing are on the card, but I wanted to know whether the HOHO busses were included.

Thanks

Hello!

The HOHO is not included, but you do get a slight discount.

We will take the train from CPH to the Central Station and want to do the HOHO tour before boarding our cruise ship. Is there a place to leave luggage for the day in the station so we can get off and on the bus, w/o big suitcases? Thanks.

Hi, I know this tour leaves from Copenhagen Right Now at 10:30 a.m., I am wondering the best way to get from the cruise Pier to Copenhagen Right Now? we are on the Celebrity Constellation July 13. Also can you tell me the best way to get from there to Tivoli after the Tour?

Thanks!

What do you think the best way is to get from the airport to the Marriott? Coming in for a few days before the cruise and since we'll be tired after the tranatlantic flight, I'm going to assume the taxi would be the most convenient, but it's probably the most expensive also. Just thought I would ask, though.

Thank you in advance!

What do you think the best way is to get from the airport to the Marriott? Coming in for a few days before the cruise and since we'll be tired after the tranatlantic flight, I'm going to assume the taxi would be the most convenient, but it's probably the most expensive also. Just thought I would ask, though.

Thank you in advance!

There's a train that goes directly from the airport to the central station in Copenhagen. About a 13 min. ride. From there, you can walk to the Marriott, about a 10-15 min. walk.

@ MJM814

Yes at Central station, when you just get up the the main concourse/hall you just walk left and then you will find it after the s train platforms (track 9 to 12).

@ parker6

You need to be more specific because i don´t know where in Copenhagen you want to go.

And from where to Tivoli?, and what tour?

Maybe im just to tired but i don´t understand it.

Sorry if this question has already been addressed but I am a female traveling solo and looking for safe, convenient, hotels for one night at each end of my cruise. Would like to be within walking distance of restaurants.

Will only have the two afternoons to explore and would love to hear your take on the must see attractions.

Wish I could spend more time but not this trip.:(

Thanks, Carole

Sorry if this question has already been addressed but I am a female traveling solo and looking for safe, convenient, hotels for one night at each end of my cruise. Would like to be within walking distance of restaurants.

Will only have the two afternoons to explore and would love to hear your take on the must see attractions.

Wish I could spend more time but not this trip.:(

Thanks, Carole

i would opt for the Square Hotel which is in an unbeatable location - easy enough "launching pad" to see all the "must do's".

You're not going to be messed with at all by the Danes... can't vouch for other tourists... but Danes are super duper safe to be around. No worries there!

Is there any way of buying this online beforehand?....and is it worth it when we are in port for 2 days...can we make good use of it??

We are in Copenhagen in August.

We bought ours on-line chpcard.com and it came with a tour book in about 10 days

Archived