debarkation--return flights

I'd look carefully at your chosen airline's check-in requirements. In some instances the gate closes up to one hour before take-off, meaning you have to be through check-in by 11:00. Assuming you're first off (and the customs boys do their job quickly and efficiently), you could probably expect to be portside by 9-9:30 ish?

That would give you enough time, but it's a 'hope everything goes according to plan' decision. One other way of looking at it is - does your cruise line offer airport transfers for flights that early? Some say that they can only take people on trasnfers if their planes are leaving after a certain time (think it was 2:30 for our last arrival in FL)

Check porttime.com to see how many other ships will be debarking with you. If it's more than four others, or more than 13K - 14K passengers, you might consider either a later flight, or self-disembarking early.

I suggest the self-debarkation option.

There will be lots of taxis after you finish going through customs and exit the building. Very short ride to the airport. Not expensive fare either.

The big problem depends on which airline and which terminal you leave

FLL out of, and how many others are trying to get through security at the same time you are. Sometimes screening can be pretty bad there and the lines quite slow.

I have had it easy with few people in front of me, and stressful with

Many people in front of me.

A noon flight seems to be doable, but it won't take many slight delays

to add up to a problem. Have a back up plan just in case.

Archived