Bus and Ferry Strike 6/11/08???

2Cruise4Ever

Here's the scoop. Evidently a driver got fired after actions he took when someone flipped him off. Anyways he didn't react well and was fired hence the strike.

However, he was rehired and the strike is over so no worries!!!

I don't know where she heard it, she's on the ship right now. I just googled the strike, and there was something about June 11th. Perhaps the one didn't match up with the other.

Is there anything that would have started a current rumor???

considering that today is the 12th, we might hear from someone who knows whether it happened or not.

There's been nothing in the newspaper and a transportation strike always hits the front page.

Rumors can start based on practically nothing...maybe someone mentioned the strike in June saying they hoped there wouldn't be another one and it took off from there.;)

I hope it is a rumor and nothing more.......a little more than 2 weeks and Bermuda bound! :D :) :D

I don't think you have anything to worry about. The strike that was in May, like bluesea said, lasted for only a couple of hours. I could be wrong, but transportation strikes don't seem to be the norm in Bermuda.:)

OK, don't know the details, but the captain did announce that the strike that was originally scheduled for Wednesday was postponed to sometime later this week. We asked a driver about it. She said that strikes happen all the time. But, they only last a couple of hours. And, yes, the bus strike took place on Tuesday this week. Again, only for 2 hours. A minor inconvenience, and they never happen during peak hours, usually around lunch time.

Archived