The pitfalls of not wearing pantyhose....

Cruzfan34

Big deal. Just because you're uncomfortable and can't handle waxing doesn't give you the right to try on clothes without undergarments and gross the rest of us out. Nobody cares if you're uncomfortable with waxing. Just don't be stupid and try on clothes after with no undergarments. If you can't handle the waxing you shouldn't get it done anyway.

[quote name='VillaHappy']EXACTLY! Thank you!

And since many of you have asked why... here is the reason: after an extensive waxing session, my skin is very sensitive and tender for about 24 hours afterwards. :eek:[/quote]

[quote name='simplelife']She already made it clear that she did not try on any pants without underwear. She was shopping for tops.[/quote]

You're correct. It just seems that it was something no one needed to know, whatever the reason.;)

[COLOR=red][I]This post is aimed at no one in particular.[/I][/COLOR]

It seems the wheels are coming - [B]strike that[/B] - have come off this thread.:mad: I saw the humor and irony in Cruzfan's opening post and then, like many others, offered up an unsolicited alternative. Like Hoya said, it's the nature of the forum. But how did this go from "guess what happened to me the other day" to folks launching cyber missles at each other?!:rolleyes:
Indeed, our opinions and preferences are as numerous as there are grains of sand - and we all tend to be very passionate about what we believe in - but I am convinced differences can be argued with passion and [I]compassion. [/I]There's no need to beat someone down because they don't subscribe your point of view.
We will never all be on the same page - which is the beauty of our dialogue. So many different perspectives and interpretations. I think if we exercise just a little diplomacy, throughout this and other message boards, it will make for a better experience for everyone.

Repsol

In one of my posts I defended the gal that orginally posted.

It got all mashed up when the one chick posted about going shopping with no panties on and everyone assumed she was trying on clothes that way..which of course is disgusting if that's what she did.

Then she said she did it because her sensitive skin couldn't tolerate a bikini wax.

To which I then posted if she couldn't handle the bikini wax then she shouldn't get it.

To hell with diplomacy. Speak reality, face it, drop it, and move on. And I will continue to post my opinions on other boards about some of the most ugliest, hideous, unflattering dresses some women are wearing, when they ask for an opinion. If I like the dress, I will tell them. I think it looks awful on them, I will tell them that.

[quote name='Repsol Rod'][COLOR=red][I]This post is aimed at no one in particular.[/I][/COLOR]

It seems the wheels are coming - [B]strike that[/B] - have come off this thread.:mad: I saw the humor and irony in Cruzfan's opening post and then, like many others, offered up an unsolicited alternative. Like Hoya said, it's the nature of the forum. But how did this go from "guess what happened to me the other day" to folks launching cyber missles at each other?!:rolleyes:
Indeed, our opinions and preferences are as numerous as there are grains of sand - and we all tend to be very passionate about what we believe in - but I am convinced differences can be argued with passion and [I]compassion. [/I]There's no need to beat someone down because they don't subscribe your point of view.
We will never all be on the same page - which is the beauty of our dialogue. So many different perspectives and interpretations. I think if we exercise just a little diplomacy, throughout this and other message boards, it will make for a better experience for everyone.

Repsol[/quote]

Good morning sweetie. I reiterate, my post was aimed at no one in particular. There are several responses on in this thread, and many many more throughout this entire forum, that seem a littel harsh. But since your last reply was obviously in direct response to mine, I'll rebut.

I completely agree with you about speaking reality and not candy coating something that may be uncomfortable to convey however, (and this is to whomever it may apply) this can be done with tact and integrity and in such a manner that doesn't cause the recipient undue ridicule.

The anonymity of this medium is wonderful in that it facilitates a more robust exchange of ideas and experiences but just because somebody can deliver a smack down with a few key strokes shouldn't be an invitation to do so.

Diversity is great; iron sharpens iron. Let's treat our fellow CCers with the same respect we would like extended toward us.:)

Rep

Repsol: At the risk of sounding egotistical, I have two master's degrees and a PhD and have no clue what you are driving at.

Speak it plainly and in English. What's your point?

Speaking reality with tact and integrity sometimes IS uncomfortable and sometimes hurts. Jesus was one of the most offensive people on the planet and he didn't always speak with tact either. People either liked what he said and they repented and moved on, or they went in the corner and cried about it and acted like victims.

Enough said. This has nothing to do with pantyhose!

Good morning sweetie. I reiterate, my post was aimed at no one in particular. There are several responses on in this thread, and many many more throughout this entire forum, that seem a littel harsh. But since your last reply was obviously in direct response to mine, I'll rebut.

I completely agree with you about speaking reality and not candy coating something that may be uncomfortable to convey however, (and this is to whomever it may apply) this can be done with tact and integrity and in such a manner that doesn't cause the recipient undue ridicule.

The anonymity of this medium is wonderful in that it facilitates a more robust exchange of ideas and experiences but just because somebody can deliver a smack down with a few key strokes shouldn't be an invitation to do so.

Diversity is great; iron sharpens iron. Let's treat our fellow CCers with the same respect we would like extended toward us.:)

Rep

:rolleyes: omg to funny i some times read the post's to my hubbie he was on hold on his cell in our office waiting for a bussiness partner to pick up i read a few i thought he was going to fall out of his desk chair !!!! :eek: from laughing he says can you see a guy posting this??? lol thanks for shareing the pantie issues lol

Gathina,

I don't perceive your response as egotistical at all. ;) Here'a a for instance of my point. Again, this is not aimed at any one person. This is a cut and paste from one of my posts on another cruise discussion site:

Contributor A I'm thinking about taking my green widget with me on my upcoming cruise. What do you all think about green widgets?

Contributor B Hey, I have a green widget too. I say go for it. icon_smile.gif

Contributor C Widgets don't go over very well on a cruise. You should probably leave it at home.

Contributor D I hate widgets. :mad: What doofus would even consider owning one of those?! Anyone with a green widget is an idiot! Completely out of their mind!!

Contributor A Hey guy, take it easy. I happen to be very fond of my widget. I'm not planning to go lambasting everybody with it. I see others with widgets and would just like to be able to enjoy mine on my vacation.

Contributor D All you people with those widgets make me sick. Every time I see one of you on my vacation it just ruins the whole thing for me. :mad: If you're going to bring your stupid widget with you, you should choose another line to sail on!

And so on and so on...

Contriubutor D's tone simply isn't necessary. It's evident the subject of widgets has struck a nerve but opposition can be presented in a courteous manner. "D" can make his/her point without calling all widget owners idiots and talking down to them.

I agree with you about Jesus - but he acted within the context of the situation. He didn't go stirring the pot just to stir the pot.

Rep

Regardless, if I see a woman looks hideous in a dress and she posts the pic, I'm going to tell the truth. If it's beautiful, I'll tell her that.

Pantyhose: Did you know it's a myth that nobody in Fla or the Carribean wears pantyhose?!!

Gathina,

I don't perceive your response as egotistical at all. ;) Here'a a for instance of my point. Again, this is not aimed at any one person. This is a cut and paste from one of my posts on another cruise discussion site:

Contributor A I'm thinking about taking my green widget with me on my upcoming cruise. What do you all think about green widgets?

Contributor B Hey, I have a green widget too. I say go for it. icon_smile.gif

Contributor C Widgets don't go over very well on a cruise. You should probably leave it at home.

Contributor D I hate widgets. :mad: What doofus would even consider owning one of those?! Anyone with a green widget is an idiot! Completely out of their mind!!

Contributor A Hey guy, take it easy. I happen to be very fond of my widget. I'm not planning to go lambasting everybody with it. I see others with widgets and would just like to be able to enjoy mine on my vacation.

Contributor D All you people with those widgets make me sick. Every time I see one of you on my vacation it just ruins the whole thing for me. :mad: If you're going to bring your stupid widget with you, you should choose another line to sail on!

And so on and so on...

Contriubutor D's tone simply isn't necessary. It's evident the subject of widgets has struck a nerve but opposition can be presented in a courteous manner. "D" can make his/her point without calling all widget owners idiots and talking down to them.

I agree with you about Jesus - but he acted within the context of the situation. He didn't go stirring the pot just to stir the pot.

Rep

Maybe she just wanted to indicate that she sometimes goes out commando, not just at home, and a shopping trip happened to be her most recent outing.

Yup, I think you're right about that.

The same could be said about the OP, who feels that going commando is an alternative to wearing hosiery.

A does not equal B.

Archived