Caribbean Princess June 4th -13th 2008 Review

Vinfa5

First let me say that my family and I have sailed with Royal Caribbean over 4 times and Carnival once. This was our first Princess experience and we traveled with a group of 16 - from all ages.

Getting onto to the ship, I think this went very well and was seamless from Princess. Quick and efficient! Entering from New York was different and exciting so we enjoyed that as well.

The ship itself is big...my first thoughts were for such a big ship the "openess" that I had experienced in other vessels was a little disappointing. I do understand why it will be going in for dry dock in Jan. 2009, but overall I thought it was kept up pretty well, and that was a pleasant surprise- as initially she was to be "updated" prior to our cruise which was delayed.

Kids programs - my 3 year old had a fabulous time and she loved being apart of the kids group...our 10 year old did much less, I don't think because of the program, just loved the freedom of being able to come and go...

Movies under the Stars - what a great addition to our cruise experience for the whole family! Loved it - loved it!

The itinerary - This was our first time in Bermuda and Grand Turk and we were impressed by both islands...wish there was more time in Grand Turk - Governor's Beach was amazing!!! We also loved the fact that we had 2 days at sea at the end. We all agreed that going back to a 7 day cruise will be difficult..loved this choice.

Things I found different - everyone that we came in contact with asked "what did you find different?"

1-I wish I had sheets...we had a balcony stateroom and I loved the comforter, but there were no top sheets...just the comforter, I don't know if this is how Princess is, I just would have like having the option of not using the comforter some nights and just having a top sheet, maybe I could have asked?

2-The purser's desk was the most unhelpful group of individuals....so I was grateful that we didn't need them often.

3-I missed the singing from our waiters, etc in the dining room the way that you experience in the other cruise lines... just love the energy that comes from that, but our waiter and assistant waiter(s) were terrific!

4-The kids missed the towel animals in the room...

5-Hands down, Princess has the high card on entertainment..from their cruise director staff to the performers and performances...they out did any other line that we have been on.

Will we do Princess again? I think if the itinerary is right for us...yes, we just missed some of the special "touches" that we have experienced on Royal Caribbean, but some have said that has changed, so they could be same.

One thing I can honestly say...how can you find too many compliants..we are blessed to be able to do this and have the ability to experience this with our children family and friends..so life is pretty darn good!

I'm not sure if Princess reads the comments that you leave, but there was a waitress in the Horizon Court that held our hearts - Mary Ann and she loved our daughter so much and waited for us each morning at the end she gave her a stuffed dog, hugs and pictures to go around...so if you know of a way to honor someone like that, she would be chosen...

I hope you enjoy your time cruising soon and that this helps, would be happy to answer any indepth questions...thought an overview is easier then a day-by-day action plan...

Happy Sailing!

I'm not sure if Princess reads the comments that you leave, but there was a waitress in the Horizon Court that held our hearts - Mary Ann and she loved our daughter so much and waited for us each morning at the end she gave her a stuffed dog, hugs and pictures to go around...so if you know of a way to honor someone like that, she would be chosen...

The day before I leave, I fill out comment cards, especially with names of crew who served me well on my cruise. They read the cards and value what the passenger has to say. Crew members get promoted or demoted all depending what pax's write.

When I get home, I e-mail Princess another letter stating the exceptional service I received by _______.

Glad you enjoyed your Princess Cruise.

Each cruise line has something different to offer. Which is exciting. If they were all the same. How boring would that be....

Just wondering, how did you like the food on Princess comparing it to RC?

Seafood? Salads? Desserts?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on the CB, we loved ours

If you ask for towel animals, you probably will receive some:)

Just my opinion, but after sailing on Carnival, I'm glad there are no singing and dancing waiters. Cute on the first night, gets to be a little much after that!

And yes, no matter what cruise line you sail on, if you find a crew member who you feel gave you great service, always fill out a card.....it's promotion time:)

Welcome Home!!!!!!

Glad you had a great time. The CB is our favorite. As for the top sheet - all you need to do is ask your room steward and you shall receive. As for the towel animals, on our first 7 night cruise, we got them without asking (no kids either) and though it was a sweet touch. On our last cruise 4 nighter, no animals - but we didn't ask either.

Princess does have a C.R.U.I.S.E. program - they call it that (Courtesy, Respect Unfailing In Service Excellence)- it is an employee recognition program that you can fill out the special cards before you leave, or you can write a letter to customer relations - we emailed our nice letter following our wonderful January cruise, we were given the generic email back that it may take 2-4 weeks to hear back, but we received a very nice reply letter in the mail within a week.

The day before I leave, I fill out comment cards, especially with names of crew who served me well on my cruise. They read the cards and value what the passenger has to say. Crew members get promoted or demoted all depending what pax's write.

When I get home, I e-mail Princess another letter stating the exceptional service I received by _______.

Glad you enjoyed your Princess Cruise.

Each cruise line has something different to offer. Which is exciting. If they were all the same. How boring would that be....

Just wondering, how did you like the food on Princess comparing it to RC?

Seafood? Salads? Desserts?

We too looked for the comment cards as indicated via the video, but just couldn't put our hands on one....but I'll try a letter.

As for the food, we felt the RC did this better...but I haven't been on RC for 2 1/2 years as we have been on other lines. I was surprised our 18 year old commented that she felt that RC's food was better especially the selection of seafood, etc. I also felt that RC has more variety each night with different salads and veggies.....

We bought our room steward a six pack of beer in St.Thomas for his birthday. After that we had towel animals galore!! :D

Hmmmmm should have thought of that! I will say that our 10 year old loved our cabin steward took him dinner many nights because he felt bad that he didn't eat until after 10pm..made me proud of him...should have made the soda request with a bit of something "extra" :D

Im glad you had a nice cruise.

Did you go to Princess Pop Idol. How were the bands in the lounges?

Thought the lounges had wonderful talent!!! Especially a band called Wave Length in the Explorer lounge...Enjoy!

As for the food, we felt the RC did this better...but I haven't been on RC for 2 1/2 years as we have been on other lines. I was surprised our 18 year old commented that she felt that RC's food was better especially the selection of seafood, etc. I also felt that RC has more variety each night with different salads and veggies.....
See that, we found it the opposite. More selections on Princesses menus.

Archived