Nachi Cocum or Paradise Beach

IslandToIsland

We've been to both and both are very nice, but I would go back to Nachi Cocum in a minute. Driving down the driveway you begin to think, what am I getting for my 49 bucks...but once you get inside you'll love it.

Your $49 gets you a chair under a thatched umbrella and a personal waiter for the day. It gets you all the drinks you could possibly drink and one appetizer, one entree and one dessert. They have a pool with a swim up bar and an on beach massage center -- one of the best massages I've ever had!

When you get ready to leave (they close at 5:00), your waiter will call you a cab. Your tip is included in the $49 but we tipped the bartender and our waiter a little extra when we left.

Which do you prefer and why?

I'd go to PB because All Inclusive isn't a good value if you don't drink, and I usually don't. I've been there before, had a great time and would be very happy to go back.

So the $49 includes an open bar & an appetizer? Can you order other food too?

Do you book Nachi Cocum in advance or do you pay when you get there? Do you take a taxi & if so how much is it & how long of a ride?

One last thing, is there a website with pics & info?

Thanks for the info.

So the $49 includes an open bar & an appetizer? Can you order other food too? The $49 includes open bar (pop & water also) and a three course meal that you order from their menu. You can eat in the open air restaurant or your waiter will bring it to you.

Do you book Nachi Cocum in advance or do you pay when you get there? I booked in advance. www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com $12 pp due at time you make reservation and remainder in cash upon arrival. All other activities(massage, jet skiis, parasailing) are extra and must also be cash.

Do you take a taxi & if so how much is it & how long of a ride? You can get a taxi at the end of the pier. There will be a sign letting you know the price but I think it is about $16 each way. Make sure to verify that with your driver before you leave. I'd say it takes less than 10 minutes.

One last thing, is there a website with pics & info? There is a website which is old and I don't think maintained any more but the pictures are very accurate. Can't remember exactly what it is but you can do a search.

I haven't been to Paradise Beach but can tell you that if you want nice, relaxing quiet day, choose Nachi Cocum. It was absolutely one of the best parts of our cruise.

So the $49 includes an open bar & an appetizer? Can you order other food too?

Do you book Nachi Cocum in advance or do you pay when you get there? Do you take a taxi & if so how much is it & how long of a ride?

One last thing, is there a website with pics & info?

Thanks for the info.

The $49 includes all of your drinks, one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert. It includes your chair and your own waiter and your tip. We did tip the bartender and our waiter extra as we were leaving. The massage is separate and of course the tip for that. I'm sure you can order more food, but will have to pay for that.

We did not book in advance because we were the only ship in port in figured we did not need reservations.

The taxi is $15 one way, takes about 15-20 minutes to get there. When you drive up it looks like you are at some run down shack, but once inside it's really beautiful. We shared a cab back with two other couples we met there and it was $32.

I have some pictures in my signature (click on the picture of the Liberty) and here is the website address: http://cozumelnachicocom.net/

Wanted to share a reply I received in hopes that it will help someone with their planning...

Greetings from Cozumel Cruise Excursions,

Thank you for your interest in our Cozumel Beach Break Excursion at Nachi Cocom. We currently show availability for the date you have requested. This is the perfect way to spend your day in Cozumel, enjoying all the wonderful amenities of this tropical paradise.

So many cruise passengers just want to get away from the throngs of people, and relax on a sandy white beach with crystal clear water. In short, just looking to spend some time in their own little slice of paradise. Our beach club will give you that and more.

Your Beach Break is located along a stretch of Cozumel's most beautiful beach and is open daily from 9am-5pm. The club has the nicest beach in Cozumel by far! The facilities include a spectacular beach, beautiful swimming pool with swim up bar, a spacious Jacuzzi, a beautiful palapa restaurant, comfortable beach chairs, palapas for shade on the beach, bathrooms and outdoor showers. Jet Skis rentals can be arranged directly from our water sports department upon your arrival. (approx $60usd/1/2 hour) Along with parasailing at $55usd/ flyer. This can be arranged upon your arrival. Snorkel gear, kayaks,floats are also available from the watersports shop for rental.

Upon your arrival you will be given a warm welcome, information regarding the facilities, and preferential seating on the beach! All Island Marketing clients are guaranteed beach lounge chairs:) Take a nice long walk, bask in the sun, swim, snorkel, or just kick back and relax.

Your All Inclusive Beach Break Package includes an open bar with unlimited domestic drinks that include: Pina Coladas, Rum Punch, Margaritas, Sex on the Beach, Daiquiris, Beer, Soda's, Juices, Bottled Water, and other tasty concoctions. International brands such as Jack Daniels and many others are also available with this exclusive package. Soft drinks in glass (Jet Spray) Coke, Fanta, Sprite and Purified Bottled Water are also available.

Your lunch is a tasty 3 course meal served A La Carte and at your liesure during your day at the beach.

To make this truly a special experience for those looking to enjoy some privacy and seclusion at our beach club, admission is limited to approx. 100 guest daily.

This exlcusive beach break package is specially priced at $49.00usd /adult, $29.00 usd for kids 12yrs -17yrs, $12usd for children 4-11yrs. Children 3 and under are free. Note to parents: the drinking age in Mexico is 18 years and is strictly enforced.

Our Cozumel Beach Break at Nachi Cocom cannot be booked from your ship and is booked online and in advance through our reservations system.

Our special beach break allows you to get away from the long lines, packed buses and over crowded beaches associated with Cruise Ship organized beach clubs excursions.

The club is located approximately 10 miles from your cruise ship pier and is a short 15 minute taxi ride. Due to port regulations and agreements with taxi unions we cannot provide transportation for you. You can easily arrange a taxi from your terminal for under $15 for up to 4 people. Vans can be arranged for larger groups. This is very safe and simple to arrange from your cruise port, and there will be a line of cabs waiting to bring you back to your ship when you are ready to leave. There is absolutely no risk whatsoever of missing your ship.

Due to this excursion's popularity, and to ensure your preferential seating (which is limited) please be sure to reserve your space on this excursion ASAP.

A $12 usd/ adult,$7usd/child (12-17) and $5usd (4yrs-11) Deposit is required in order to secure your reservation (fully refunded in the event your Ship does not make it into port. Please refer to our Terms of Reservation by visiting our website The balance is due at time of excursion in cash or traveler check only. http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/Terms.htm

To confirm your reservation please follow the link below to our SSL secure/encrypted reservation page.

We've been to both and both are very nice, but I would go back to Nachi Cocum in a minute. Driving down the driveway you begin to think, what am I getting for my 49 bucks...but once you get inside you'll love it.

Your $49 gets you a chair under a thatched umbrella and a personal waiter for the day. It gets you all the drinks you could possibly drink and one appetizer, one entree and one dessert. They have a pool with a swim up bar and an on beach massage center -- one of the best massages I've ever had!

When you get ready to leave (they close at 5:00), your waiter will call you a cab. Your tip is included in the $49 but we tipped the bartender and our waiter a little extra when we left.

I am curious about where it is stated that the tip is included in the $49.

I am curious about where it is stated that the tip is included in the $49.

There is a sign out front that states it, but like I said, we tipped our waiter and the bartender extra just before we left.

Cant speak for Paradise Beach, but we were at Nachi Cocum last Monday. We will be going back... most definately. For $49 and the cab fare it's well worth it. There were around 35 people there the day we were there, so it felt like we had the place to ourselves. Food was outstanding. Drinks (a LOT of them!) were great. The beach is nice, and it's great that you don't have to worry about fighting for a chair (when we got there they showed us to our assigned chairs/papala's... we promptly moved our chairs to the edge of the water and ate lunch right there later in the day). This place is a small slice of heaven. We've been to all inclusives on other islands/ports and didn't think that anything could beat Sunset Beach in Jamaica... Nachi Cocum did. If you want a place where there is a myriad of activities and like people watching, this is not the place for you. If you desire relaxation and are open to the excursion options they have available for an extra cost (the aforementioned massage, parasailing, 1 or 2 person JetSki, Banana Boat rides, Snorkel excursion by boat... none of which we did, nor did we feel pressured to take them when they asked) then this is where you want to be. Just my opinion, but hey, you asked :)

Joe

Is the food included why you would pick NC? My daughter is 18 so she qualifies as an adult but would only eat refried beans and chips. (She's SO picky and a vegetarian) so I don't know if it would be worth it for us. Would NC still be better than PB then? Thanks!!

Is the food included why you would pick NC? My daughter is 18 so she qualifies as an adult but would only eat refried beans and chips. (She's SO picky and a vegetarian) so I don't know if it would be worth it for us. Would NC still be better than PB then? Thanks!!

We picked Nachi Cocum after looking at its website and reading reviews about it on CC. It was nice to have the food included since we would be there all day; you do have to pay for your food at Paradise Beach.

Each person gets one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert. If she would only eat the beans, maybe you can share the rest of her food with others in your party...she can order and y'all can eat it! I'm sure there are vegetarian dishes on the menu...the menu is on their website. I won't post a link to it because I recently had a post pulled for posting links to websites! Do a Google search for Nachi Cocum+Cozumel. Better yet, I'm sure it's posted somewhere in all these reviews about it.

If you don't mind the crowds I would pick Paradise beach. To avoid the crowds somewhat go there as soon as your ship arrives as it doesn't really get crowded until around noon. The last time we went with our friends(there were 4 adults and 4 kids) we got there about 8:30, got a place right up front and ate and drank(told waiter to keep buckets of beer coming) all we could until we left about 2:30pm. Our bill with tip was $225 or about $28 per person. Nachi Cocum may be great but I personally can't see spending $49 per person.

That question depends on several factors.

1. Adults only or adults and kids.

While Nachi may be great for adults, there is nothing worse than bored kids. We go to Paradise Beach for all the toys the boys enjoy.

2. Can you eat/drink $49.00 a person?

With our family of four (all at an adult price due to their age) that would be $200.00. We can go to Paradise Beach, ala carte for WAY LESS.

3. Crowds...not a problem any more. IF Paradise Beach happens to have more folks than you like, you have San Francisco Beach and CarlosNCharlies to choose from. They are so close...you can put one foot in Paradise Beach and one in SFB. Same for SFB And CnC. Lots of selections.

Taxi is about the same price for both locations.

I thought the $49.00 was all you can drink and EAT. I did not realize it was just for one "meal". Thanks for the info. I like to be accurate when I tell folks about the different places available.

Nachi Cocom is all you can drink and a three course meal. You can order an appetizer, an entree and dessert. I doubt anybody could eat more than that so it essentially is all you can eat. We never made it to dessert, and the food was wonderful.

Never been to Paradise Beach, but we were at Nachi Cocum last week (thanks to a recommendation from this board). It was beautiful and not at all crowded. The food was excellent...some of the best Mexican food I've ever had in my life. The service was amazing. We felt very well-taken care of. If you go and have drinks, be careful. Jose makes them STRONG!!!

We would go back there in a heartbeat. Now, if we were traveling with children, we'd probably choose a different beach, as NC seemed a bit more adult-oriented than other beaches I've visited.

Archived