Electric Toothbrushes

Delwine

My husband and I will be sailing on the Insignia, Med Tapestry, Sept 25, for the first time with Oceania. Has anyone taken an electric toothbrush on one of these cruises? (I know it sounds a bit strange, but, why not??) Thanks for your help.

I thought about it but not much storage space in bathroom and not sure on the plug in the bathroom. You might have to plug it in on the desk.

We are going to look at the battery operated ones if not back to the old manual model!!:D

We are religious about our Sonicare so don't find your questions strange at all! Wouldn't travel without it & plugged it in the bathroom to charge it. There was no problem at all. When not in use, if I remember correctly, we kept it (covered) on a shelf over the towel rack.

There are two 240 volt and two 110 volt socket outlets on top of the desk which can be used for charging. There are also one 240 volt and one 110 volt socket outlets in the washing closet (it is not a bathroom for non-suites), but somehow these do not fit the typical North American electric plug!

Sonicare is a good brand, but not as good as the now discontinued Interplak, which we found to be the best. Interplak really cleaned the crevices in-between teeth, while Sonicare's up and down motion might brush food unto the gum line. If you use Sonicare, where possible (of course not on a trip), you should also use Water-Pik, directed perpendicular to the teeth surface (in order not to "push" food under the gum line) and at medium power. We learnt the above the hard way, after quite a few visits to both regular dentists and periodontists! Hope this helps.

We're also religious about our Sonicare toothbrushes. We take one charger with us and it sits on the desk charging if we need it, normally during the day when we're out anyway. We can go for about two weeks without charging, but when going to Europe we try to make the most of long flights by adding pre and post cruise trips as well so usually need to charge at least once.

Archived