Alaska with the Radiance

geertje

Does anyone know where the radiance wil end in Vancouver. I mean, where is the cruiseterminal where the Radiance docks on the 12 of september 2008 in Vancouver. Greetings from Geertje

IME they can be hard to come by when disembarkation is in full swing. You may have to wait a bit, but you will eventually get one.

I think there is limo service available for not too much more than a taxi, but I'm not positive. Someone will know.

Are taxis readily available at Ballantyne Pier. We are doing an overnight in Vancouver and will need to get to the hotel.

Yes, there will be lots of taxis there (though long waits have been common every time we've ended up there).

Does anyone know where the radiance wil end in Vancouver. I mean, where is the cruiseterminal where the Radiance docks on the 12 of september 2008 in Vancouver. Greetings from Geertje

We are on the same cruise!

My understanding is that their might be quite a line for taxis. I have picked up a couple of names on these boards for limo / car service. One is Limojetgold 1-800-287-8742. They quoted us $55 for 4 in a limo to our hotel in Vancouver. I'm still looking around.

We are staying in Vancouver for a couple days, then going via ferry to Victoria for a day, then to Seattle the next day for another couple days before flying home to FLorida.

Are taxis readily available at Ballantyne Pier. We are doing an overnight in Vancouver and will need to get to the hotel.

We just returned from Radiance of the Seas where we disembarked at Ballantyne. We chose the "express WALK-OFF" option that was offered by the ship. If you can handle your own bags then this is a nice way to go. Getting off early allows you the opportunity to get into the taxi line before it gets too.........o long. While we were waiting for the Avis shuttle we noticed that there wasn't a steady stream of taxis like other terminals. We saw 2-3 taxis at one time but no real steady stream. Even one of the shuttle personnel mentioned that the lines get really long once disembarkation gets into full swing.

We just returned from Radiance of the Seas where we disembarked at Ballantyne. We chose the "express WALK-OFF" option that was offered by the ship. If you can handle your own bags then this is a nice way to go. Getting off early allows you the opportunity to get into the taxi line before it gets too.........o long. While we were waiting for the Avis shuttle we noticed that there wasn't a steady stream of taxis like other terminals. We saw 2-3 taxis at one time but no real steady stream. Even one of the shuttle personnel mentioned that the lines get really long once disembarkation gets into full swing.

So how was the cruise? Did you like the ship? Could I ask a couple questions?

How many casual nights were there? I know there are 2 formal, but was interested if the rest were pretty casual. I'm thinking about the limited suitcases.

How early did you have to get off the ship with the express WALK OFF? Could you leave anytime you wanted? as soon as they cleared customs?

How long did you have to wait for the Avis shuttle...did they have several of them waiting? We have rented a car with Avis, so that might be easier than a taxi.

Thanks...we have several more weeks to wait!

While we were waiting for the Avis shuttle we noticed that there wasn't a steady stream of taxis like other terminals.

Which Avis location provided the shuttle? We are getting on the Radiance in Vancouver and will be returning an Avis car. I didn't think there was a shuttle. We are returning to the location on Hornsby Street, I think.

So how was the cruise? Did you like the ship? Could I ask a couple questions?

How many casual nights were there? I know there are 2 formal, but was interested if the rest were pretty casual. I'm thinking about the limited suitcases.

How early did you have to get off the ship with the express WALK OFF? Could you leave anytime you wanted? as soon as they cleared customs?

How long did you have to wait for the Avis shuttle...did they have several of them waiting? We have rented a car with Avis, so that might be easier than a taxi.

Thanks...we have several more weeks to wait!

Anita - This was cruise #3 for us to Alaska and the best one we have had so far. We absolutely loved the ship. I posted 4 LONG installment reviews - check back a few pages.

Here are the answers to your questions, hope the information helps.

Dress (Information from Cruise Compass)

Day 1-Casual, Day 2-Formal, Day 3-Casual, Day 4-Casual, Day 5-Formal, Day 6-Casual, and Day 7-Casual. We did not eat in the dining room because we like flexibility when it comes to our dining. In the Windjammer we wore what we had on during the day. On formal nights, we dressed in formal attire and went to Chops. For dining room you might want to ask that question by itself on this board to see what people wore.

With express WALKOFF, I think we got off around 7:15 AM or so. The ship's information states "The express WALKOFF option allows independent guests with the ability to carry all their luggage, to depart the ship prior to 8:00 A.M." I don't know if you are able to leave at anytime you wanted, I do know that we were able to leave as soon as we had been cleared.

Avis - We did not wait too long for Avis. After departing the ship we were told to go down to the parking lot canopy and that the Avis shuttle would be along shortly (one of the other shuttle company people said that Avis is usually there around 7:30 AM). Since we were the only people waiting, the driver loaded us and our luggage and took us directly to Avis -- very painless and fast. I'm looking at our Avis transaction record and it shows we took possession of the car at 8:17 AM.

If I can answer anything else let me know. Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Which Avis location provided the shuttle? We are getting on the Radiance in Vancouver and will be returning an Avis car. I didn't think there was a shuttle. We are returning to the location on Hornsby Street, I think.

An Avis owned shuttle picked us up at Ballentyne and took us to the Avis office located on Hornsby. I don't know if they shuttle people to the pier from their office location. If so, this would be the first I have heard of it.

thank you all for the information. I think we wil try the early checkout. Does someone know names of limo and taxi services you can reserve before we leave, so they are waiting for us at the pier. We are four people from the netherlands. This is our second cruise to alaska, but this time we go on a landtour before the cruise. We can't waite. Greetings Geertje

I got this company off these boards for pick up at Ballantyne.

Limojetgold 1-800-278-8742.

They quoted me $55 for 4 people with pick up in a limo. They had other cars as well, but said they did not think 4 people + luggage would fit in anything other than a van or limo.

Thanks Italy52, that's just perfect for us. With no "smart casual" nights, we will have less "dressy" clothes to pack. Our formal clothes and then just casual pants/slacks/skirts. Works out great.

And the express WALK OFF will fit our needs as well. We will get off early and use the Avis pick up to their Hornby office.

Thanks again

Archived