Early Seating??

DP

I assume early seating is 6:15 p.m. If so what is the latest you can arrive before they close the doors? We have requested a table for 2 so will not be holding anyone up. Nor are we coffee drinkers or dessert eaters so will not be lingering after our meal.

I assume early seating is 6:15 p.m. If so what is the latest you can arrive before they close the doors? We have requested a table for 2 so will not be holding anyone up. Nor are we coffee drinkers or dessert eaters so will not be lingering after our meal.

Well, since it's just the two of you at the table, I guess that's better than holding up an entire table; however, my understanding (and I could certainly be wrong!!:) ) is that it interrupts the "flow" of serving for your servers.

Some of the RCCL ships are experimenting with anytime dining. Is yours? That might fit your schedule better if you want to find a more suitable dining time.

Happy sails!!

If your dining time is 6:15, you need to show up at 6:15. Things go much more smoothly when the kitchen/waiters are in a routine. Even though you are not eating with anyone else, you might keep someone at another table waiting as their waiter has to stop and take your order whenever you walk in.

We have heard the 'official' cut-off time is 15 minutes, but I have seen people come in after that timeframe. Being late does mess up the serving times/performance of the wait staff.

I believe the answer to your question is 6:30 They give you 15 minutes past the assigned time, before they close the doors.

KT

Early seating can be anywhere from 5:30 to 7:00 depending on your cruise, so knowing which sailing you're on would help. In any event, whether they bar the door or not, showing up more than 10-15 minutes after your assigned time may throw off the flow of your section, inconveniencing not only your servers but your fellow diners. The dinner service is very much a "production line" scene, and having to fetch appetizers for one table while setting out entrees for another complicates things and could lead to delays for other people.

In addition, as you said, you "requested" a table for two - you are not guaranteed a table for 2 unless you're Diamond Plus in the Crown & Anchor Society. So be sure to check out your table assignment when you board and, if you did not get the 2-top, ask the Maitre d' to accomodate you if possible.

Finally, consider the alternative dining venues on your ship - specialty restaurants or the Windjammer. You can customize your dining schedule to be more to your liking.

And don't be so sure that you won't order dessert. The warm chocolate cake is to die for!:)

Op, I know it sucks having to eat on a schedule. To answer your question, I wouldn't be anymore than 10 minutes late. Some people line up before the doors are open but there is usually a steady stream of people for at least 10 minutes.

If you want move through dinner more quickly, just let your server know. Plus if there is a night specifically you don't want to be bothered, just let them know you won't be coming if you know beforehand. If not, just warn them that you might not dine in the DR everynight so if you're not there, not to worry about it. They take it personally - perhaps because they are worried they won't get tipped.

Archived