Traditional Seating Assignments

care180

:confused: Hi everyone! My party of nine has traditional dining. The problem is that we all booked with different online travel agents. How/when should we request that we all sit together at dinner? Also, we are all on a "waitlist." :)

:confused: Hi everyone! My party of nine has traditional dining. The problem is that we all booked with different online travel agents. How/when should we request that we all sit together at dinner? Also, we are all on a "waitlist." :)

I think what you have to do is give all the TA's everyone's booking number and they will cross reference you all together. As far as bieng waitlisted, we were wait listed 76 last year on the CB, once we got on the ship we went to see the head of the dining room, which was an experience in it self. My DH said it was like going to see the Don Corleone in "The Godfather" By the time we got back to our room after exploring the ship there was a note for us that said we had our requested traditional dining

You need to have your reservations linked. Get everyone's booking number and call your TA. Tell them you all want to eat together. When you get on the ship check to see everyone is at the same table, if not see the head waiter.

It's going to be difficult. With everyone wait listed, using different TAs, it would almost be a miracle if everyone were assigned to the same table. I suppose you could ask the various TAs to cross reference everyone's booking number. Also, I don't know whether there is a table that will accommodate 9 in the traditional dining room.

You might want to consider anytime dining. I'm not sure about the Caribbean Princess, but I know that on the Crown and Emerald each anytime dining room has at least two tables that seat 10. You could conceivably make a standing reservation for one of those tables every evening of the cruise.

Lew

Are you waitlisted for the early seating or the late seating? On Island Princess NB a couple of weeks ago, there was still a waitlist of 200 for the early seating but the dining room was 1/3 empty for the late seating. We started out in anytime dining but switched to late seating mid-cruise. We got a great table ....and no line-ups!

It's going to be difficult. With everyone wait listed, using different TAs, it would almost be a miracle if everyone were assigned to the same table. I suppose you could ask the various TAs to cross reference everyone's booking number. Also, I don't know whether there is a table that will accommodate 9 in the traditional dining room.

Lew

Incorrect. Just give everyone's booking number to a TA or to Princess directly and have your booking numbers "cross referenced for dining" and request a table for 9. No problem at all.

Choose "one" person as the main link. Then the rest requests his/her TA to link it to that booking number. Each TA then will call Princess and it will all get linked. This avoids messing around with everyone's booking number. The link will appear at the bottom of the itinerary on the cruise personalizer and it will show the cabins of all the linked persons.

With multiple ta's each ta will have to call and give ok to cross reference with other ta bookings. If one ta calls on behalf of all, they are not authorized to change anything on the other ta bookings so each ta will have to call on behalf of each cabin they are controlling, once the ok to cross reference is noted on the bookings, by the time you get done they can all be cross referenced and have one ta confirm it has been done correctly. as for getting all into the same dining based on waitlist. it's anyones guess, especiallly because you will be needing a table for 10/

You need to have your reservations linked. Get everyone's booking number and call your TA. Tell them you all want to eat together. When you get on the ship check to see everyone is at the same table, if not see the head waiter.
This is correct. Your TA can link your booking to everyone else so far as I know. When you board, go to the Maitre D and explain the situation. Provide him with the names and cabin #s of those in your party. Chances are that he'll be able to accommodate you. FYI, the Maitre D or one of his representatives is set up to be taking these requests the first afternoon so it's not like he's going out of his way. There'll definitely be a line at his door or table. :)

Thanks everyone for your advice!

I called Princess and they told me exactly this:

With multiple ta's each ta will have to call and give ok to cross reference with other ta bookings. If one ta calls on behalf of all, they are not authorized to change anything on the other ta bookings so each ta will have to call on behalf of each cabin they are controlling, once the ok to cross reference is noted on the bookings, by the time you get done they can all be cross referenced and have one ta confirm it has been done correctly.

Now, I have to call everyone in my group and explain this. :rolleyes: I hope that it works! :)

Incorrect. Just give everyone's booking number to a TA or to Princess directly and have your booking numbers "cross referenced for dining" and request a table for 9. No problem at all.
How can you say that? Since the OP and her companions are dealing with TAs, Princess will not even speak with her. Also, as stated by others, each TA will need to be contacted to have their bookings cross-referenced.

With less than 60 days until the cruise, tables that seat ten may have already been spoken for.

IMHO, it's a big stretch and a disservice to the OP to say that it's no problem at all.

Lew

Their problem / challenge is they are all waitlisted. Some may clear and some may not. But I agree..... to have any success.... they must start by getting themselves cross referenced.

Our TA's cross-referenced us all to sit together. On my personal summary, we are all listed as traveling together. Princess and TA's emailed us to confirm it. We are still on a waitlist for First Seating Traditional. If not, it will be Anytime Dining. Most importantly, we will eat together. Thanks again! :D

I had the same problem last year - some were booked directly with Princess, some with a TA. It took a few phone calls to get it organized. I had to call Princess and ok the TA to have access to those records and she had to call and link the ones that were booked through her. Some were wait listed and some were confirmed but before cruise time all were confirmed.

I'm pretty sure you can contact the Maitre-d early on the first day for arrangements. If he cannot put everyone at one table I'm sure you will be able to have a couple of tables adjoining. Remember to check your Cruise Cards to make sure the dining arrangements are what you expected.

Steve

First check the cabin key cards (sign & sail) of each member of your group. The card shows the table numbers for those assigned to traditional dining (TD). "Then" check with the Maitre D about what can be done about those in the group not assigned to TD or not assigned to the same table.

First check the cabin key cards (sign & sail) of each member of your group. The card shows the table numbers for those assigned to traditional dining (TD). "Then" check with the Maitre D about what can be done about those in the group not assigned to TD or not assigned to the same table.

Great tip, thanks. :)

I had a similar situation last year on the Dawn. Our friends, 5 more people, joined our cruise late. We are all early seating people. By the time they joined they were number 135 and above on the wait list for early seating. We weren't sure what to do but when we got on the ship, I heard that the Matri D would be in the dining room at I think 2 PM. I went there about 15 minutes early and was 7th in line which turned out to be near 100 people by 2PM. I explained our sitiuation and he gave me a large table in the anytime dining room as long as we promised to be there everyday at 6PM. It was very similar to tradional and our problem was solved . I hope this helps.

Bob

You can check who you are cross-referenced with by going to www.princess.com > My Princess > Cruise Personalizer > View My Travel Summary & Boarding Pass > My Important Notices.

I can't find "View your Travel Summary & Boarding Pass" anywhere?? I'm in Cruise Personalier, and the options I see are: Booking summary, Flight Information, Passenger Immigration, Special Reqests, Additional services, Itinerary, Reserve Shore Excursions. I have searched all those areas and can't find Travel Summary. If search in the help window, it takes me to Booking summary?? Help. Thanks

I had a similar situation last year on the Dawn. Our friends, 5 more people, joined our cruise late. We are all early seating people. By the time they joined they were number 135 and above on the wait list for early seating. We weren't sure what to do but when we got on the ship, I heard that the Matri D would be in the dining room at I think 2 PM. I went there about 15 minutes early and was 7th in line which turned out to be near 100 people by 2PM. I explained our sitiuation and he gave me a large table in the anytime dining room as long as we promised to be there everyday at 6PM. It was very similar to tradional and our problem was solved . I hope this helps.

Bob

One of TA's said that we are 200 something on the waitlist. It doesn't look good for First Seating Traditional. I will check my key when I board. If it is Anything Dining, I will try to do what you suggest. Thanks! :)

I can't find "View your Travel Summary & Boarding Pass" anywhere?? I'm in Cruise Personalier, and the options I see are: Booking summary, Flight Information, Passenger Immigration, Special Reqests, Additional services, Itinerary, Reserve Shore Excursions. I have searched all those areas and can't find Travel Summary. If search in the help window, it takes me to Booking summary?? Help. Thanks

On the right side of the screen, under all this information that you listed, the title "Travel Summary" should be under this. You should see "View your Travel Summary & Boarding Pass." Click it. Then in the little paragraph on top is a link to My Important Notices.

Archived